Open Country M/T?

STX Screamer

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor Black
Current Ride #2
2018 F150
Time for some new tires for my Tremor. Any opinions on the Toyo MT 35X12.50R18 in the F rated configuration? Should I stick with stock size instead?

Running stock suspension, aftermarket wheels; 18x9 with a -6 offset.

My off road usage is primarily forest trails, desert and sand. I occasionally tow a 10k travel trailer. I dont mind road noise. I have ran several different ATs and been repeatedly disappointed when I needed to go through some muddy trails. I have never tried Toyo tires or MTs, but have heard good things.

those were last tires i had on raptor, i loved em. they were quiet for m/t's and wore really well as long as i rotated em on time. never had any balance issues or tread damage or anything. my towing was only 6k or so, but it handled it well. i wouldn't hesitate with toyo m/t's on f250 if i decide on m/t again. i think you'll be happy with em.

I would stick with the Load Range E 35x12.50. No need for the F Rated other than a rougher ride.

Keep them balanced and rotate as desired. They tend to be long wearing tires when taken care of. Pick your flavor.

I ran Toyo MTs on a previous truck and they held up well. They are very heavy compared to an AT, if that matters to you, and they get louder and louder as they wear down.

I have nothing bad to say about the Toyo MT. I had them on my Tacoma and they were awesome as others have mentioned. I also had the Toyo ATIII and those were phenomenal as well. I plan to go with the new Open Country RT Trail that just recently came out. It sits between the ATIII and MT.

I ran a set of toyo mt 37x13.50 r 17 for along time and traveled well into remote northern Ontario Canada on a set with a loaded truck pulling a Boston whaler loaded wit gear. They are a very heavy duty tire with a strong carcass. They are an exceptionally good tire, but they are an mt, they are not the best on snow packed roads or icy roads.

Attachments

• A784F583-7141-4584-8E65-3957B3ABEA9F.jpeg
    A784F583-7141-4584-8E65-3957B3ABEA9F.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 71
I ran a couple of sets of those tires on my super duty and decided that I didn't like them. Yes, they do wear nicely, but they are terrible in icy snowy conditions. I switched to the BFG KM3's and imo these are a much better tire. Running 35x12.50x18's.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. Lots to think about. For me, picking tires is always tough because I am stuck with them for 3 years or more. I would just like to find a tire I really like.

Time for some new tires for my Tremor. Any opinions on the Toyo MT 35X12.50R18 in the F rated configuration? Should I stick with stock size instead?

Running stock suspension, aftermarket wheels; 18x9 with a -6 offset.

My off road usage is primarily forest trails, desert and sand. I occasionally tow a 10k travel trailer. I dont mind road noise. I have ran several different ATs and been repeatedly disappointed when I needed to go through some muddy trails. I have never tried Toyo tires or MTs, but have heard good things.
I had them on my f-150, best tire I’ve ever had on a vehicle

another vote for the M/T, I last had them on a half ton in a 10 ply 37x13.50R22 with counteract balancing beads and after 40k they still had easily 60% tread left. they’re my go-to and will be my next tire even if I have to buy a different wheel to get them. I have ridge grapplers on my F250 because at the time it was impossible to find the Toyo in my size.

I would stick with the Load Range E 35x12.50. No need for the F Rated other than a rougher ride.
My local Discount Tire claims they can't install the E rated of these on a tremor due to the weight rating. Will F rated be substantially worse? I have never had an F rated tire.

My local Discount Tire claims they can't install the E rated of these on a tremor due to the weight rating. Will F rated be substantially worse? I have never had an F rated tire.
Discount Tire and the other big box stores are the last places I’ll go to for tires. My suggestion is find a small shop run by a squared away knowledgeable person, and support the small business

Sounds like they are just trying to upsale you, call them out or stay away.

Tell them to look at the factory tires on your tremor, load and weight rating. You can install an F rated tire, you don’t need to. What size are you looking at? Staying stock or larger?

Sounds like they are just trying to upsale you, call them out or stay away.
It's bc the factory tire is a LT285/75R18/E 129Q (4079lbs) and that load rating is not in an E class for the MT as it drops to 123 (3417lbs). The F steps up to 128Q (3968) which is in line with the factory rating.

I wonder if a company like 4wheelparts would install larger tires. They have to do that kind of thing all the time.

I recently had a conversation with a manager at Discount Tire when looking to upgrade to a 37x13.5 on factory wheels. Of course they can’t due to rim width specs and regulations. I get it. However, if I pull in with a flat needing repair on those same 37s on stock wheels, they fix it…by taking the tire off, patching, remounting to skinny wheel, balance, and mount back onto the truck. Bureaucracy BS at its finest.

Back