No rear sway bar on my tremor?

Some are saying the 7845 some are saying 7320. I cant tell the difference between the two. Not sure which to order.
I just ordered the 7320 because it was the only one of the two that I could find in stock. Should be here next week. It said it fits the stock height 17-20 super duty and from my understanding our trucks use the higher rear lift blocks from the 17-19 year models while the non tremor super duties got dropped an inch or two. Hoping it works maybe someone with a 7320 will chime in on the fitment. It looks like the only difference between the 7845 and 7320 are the links, the bar itself looks pretty much the same from pictures.

I just ordered the 7320 because it was the only one of the two that I could find in stock. Should be here next week. It said it fits the stock height 17-20 super duty and from my understanding our trucks use the higher rear lift blocks from the 17-19 year models while the non tremor super duties got dropped an inch or two. Hoping it works maybe someone with a 7320 will chime in on the fitment. It looks like the only difference between the 7845 and 7320 are the links, the bar itself looks pretty much the same from pictures.
Let me know how it fits. Where did you get it from?

Let me know how it fits. Where did you get it from?
Found it on southern car parts’ Amazon store with free shipping. Said they had two left in stock when I ordered. I think CarID had some too.

I will have a good update when I install my after market Hellwig next week. I have couple heavy trailers and the truck does lean a lot in the corners, towing in the Rocky Mountains going 80MPH ( with everyone else ) I got sweaty palms. I never did get used to it.
Papa, How are you liking your sway bar?
...and someone/anyone, please tell me, do I want Hellwig 7320 or 7845??
I’m no pro on this topic but I do tow a heavy 5th wheel and a heavy triple-axle gooseneck trailer. Will sway bar help my handling in these conditions?
I will ¡not! be doing extreme off-roading in my F350 Tremor (that’s what my RZR is for)
(Anyone) Please help me on which model of Hellwig I need to order, as I need to order ASAP.
Thank you

Some are saying the 7845 some are saying 7320. I cant tell the difference between the two. Not sure which to order.

I'm in the same boat. I think the 7320 hardware requires some extra trips to the hardware store. Something else to keep in mind, the 7845 is backordered 12 weeks.

EDIT: The 7320 installed fine without any trips to the hardware store.

Last edited:
Everything is the same except bar diameter. The 7320 is 1.3125" (1 5/16) and the 7845 is 1.125" (1 1/8). Zero difference in end links, hardware, etc.

MB

What part number for the hellwig

Man would you be able to snap a few picture of what it looks like installed?
Yessir, I'll take pics later today/tomorrow and post them up. I have the 7320, which is a 1.3125" diameter bar and the 7845 is a 1.125" bar. Obviously, the beefier bar adds a higher rate of spring than the smaller diameter bar.

When I installed mine, I started with the medium setting (attach end-link to middle hole) to get a base line and found a place to drive the truck in a way that I could corner hard and go through sweeping curves. The truck was stiff feeling, so I moved the end-link to the light setting (attach end-link to forward most hole) and drove the truck in the same way through the same conditions.

With the light setting, there was a more "balanced" feel for an unloaded truck. At some point, I'll do the same with the truck loaded to see if I might want/need to change the setting based on load. I don't care about off-road articulation and if I ever go off road, I'll simply disconnect one side of the bar and use the suspension differently.

If I could make one recommendation based on my baseline; I'd go with the smaller diameter bar (7845) if you can find it in stock anywhere. I did a cursory search before writing this and the 7320 is much easier to find-in-stock at the moment.

Lastly, as I believe I mentioned earlier, I do not like the end-links. They're ugly, quite "cheesy" and rust very quickly. I was going to design and make my own but don't really have the time to spend in SolidWorks and on the CNC, so I'm working with Summit Machine in UT to make a custom set of end-links. The other hardware that comes with the Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar Kit is acceptable. The brackets are well made, nicely finished and all the hardware is grade eight. PMF offers nicely executed adjustable end-links, so they deserve a look, but I have something a little different in mind.

Hope this helps,
MB

Yessir, I'll take pics later today/tomorrow and post them up. I have the 7320, which is a 1.3125" diameter bar and the 7845 is a 1.125" bar. Obviously, the beefier bar adds a higher rate of spring than the smaller diameter bar.

When I installed mine, I started with the medium setting (attach end-link to middle hole) to get a base line and found a place to drive the truck in a way that I could corner hard and go through sweeping curves. The truck was stiff feeling, so I moved the end-link to the light setting (attach end-link to forward most hole) and drove the truck in the same way through the same conditions.

With the light setting, there was a more "balanced" feel for an unloaded truck. At some point, I'll do the same with the truck loaded to see if I might want/need to change the setting based on load. I don't care about off-road articulation and if I ever go off road, I'll simply disconnect one side of the bar and use the suspension differently.

If I could make one recommendation based on my baseline; I'd go with the smaller diameter bar (7845) if you can find it in stock anywhere. I did a cursory search before writing this and the 7320 is much easier to find-in-stock at the moment.

Lastly, as I believe I mentioned earlier, I do not like the end-links. They're ugly, quite "cheesy" and rust very quickly. I was going to design and make my own but don't really have the time to spend in SolidWorks and on the CNC, so I'm working with Summit Machine in UT to make a custom set of end-links. The other hardware that comes with the Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar Kit is acceptable. The brackets are well made, nicely finished and all the hardware is grade eight. PMF offers nicely executed adjustable end-links, so they deserve a look, but I have something a little different in mind.

Hope this helps,
MB
Thanks for clearing that up, greatly appreciated.

This is absolutely correct. Adding a sway bar adds spring rate. Adding rear spring rate increases oversteer at extremes. 90% of people that add aftermarket sway bars don't understand how it effects the actual suspension system, they just "like the feel" of massively increased spring rates. The Hellwig is a MASSIVE sway bar - I personally wouldn't add one unless I had a truck camper or was towing heavy all the time. And if you're doing that, a Tremor is the wrong vehicle for that, although capable. And as mentioned, adding a big sway destroys rear articulation for offroad, so it sort of neuters what the point of the Tremor even is meant to be as a package.

there are tons of write ups online, not made by the manufactuer of the sway bar that show otherwise. Here is just one example of how the sway bars actually improve handling and cornering abilities while empty and loaded.

Papa, How are you liking your sway bar?
I’m no pro on this topic but I do tow a heavy 5th wheel and a heavy triple-axle gooseneck trailer. Will sway bar help my handling in these conditions?
I will ¡not! be doing extreme off-roading in my F350 Tremor (that’s what my RZR is for)
(Anyone) Please help me on which model of Hellwig I need to order, as I need to order ASAP.
Thank you
its still on order. I ordered it from Steeda and its factory shipped from Hellwig to me but they are behind. My sales rep at Steeda told me they may ship 3-16-21.
Its still winter here so the 5th wheel is buried under the snow. But I plan to take it up north this spring with a new rear sway bar. I like that there are 3 settings on the bar.
If I am road driving long trip I can set it tight and if I go off road I can relax it.

I also added the yellow Sumo Bags so will see. Dont get me wrong the Tremor in stock form pulled my 14K 5th er no problems even better than my old 3500 Silverado but I always look to upgrade.

If you purchase a bar from Hellwig make sure the supplier has it in stock because Hellwig is not very fast at getting them out. 60-90 days.

So with a camper installed I'm reading a swaybar would help with body roll but would take away some articulation for off road use. What device or solution to body roll would be most beneficial for off road use (sumo springs, timbrens, add-a-leaf, roadmaster active, something else)? I have 2781# payload. Installed a camper and a flatbed, which will probably never come off the truck. Camper is 1700" dry. I would greatly appreciate some insight as I am new to the truck game, coming from suv's. Thanks.

Hope this helps,
MB
Any updates on those end-links from Summit Machine in UT?

Any updates on those end-links from Summit Machine in UT?
Yessir, I’m moving forward with the custom end links and finishing the design in SolidWorks. Although Summit will likely manufacture them in higher numbers, I’ll make the prototypes in my own CNC shop. Will post renderings ASAP.

MB

So with a camper installed I'm reading a swaybar would help with body roll but would take away some articulation for off road use. What device or solution to body roll would be most beneficial for off road use (sumo springs, timbrens, add-a-leaf, roadmaster active, something else)? I have 2781# payload. Installed a camper and a flatbed, which will probably never come off the truck. Camper is 1700" dry. I would greatly appreciate some insight as I am new to the truck game, coming from suv's. Thanks.

Deaver springs is your answer. Look up TFL super tremor and their no pavement needed series to see what they did and how it worked out.

Deaver springs is your answer. Look up TFL super tremor and their no pavement needed series to see what they did and how it worked out.
Thank you!

Hello all, New here. I just ordered the Helwig big wig bar. It is not the 7320 and for 2021 Tremor, it is a new part number from Hellwig. Delivery time is 10 weeks. After all my research, the Hellwig will work great with my Lance slide in Camper on the truck. I will check back in with real world results. I have a cross country trip planned in June. Fingers crossed it gets here in time.

Just installed the 7320 today. It fit perfectly but I think the end links could be a bit longer. I extended them as much as possible (to minum 7 threads engaged as per Helwig) but still can't get the sway bar level. I suspect it will be level with a load on.

Just installed the 7320 today. It fit perfectly but I think the end links could be a bit longer. I extended them as much as possible (to minum 7 threads engaged as per Helwig) but still can't get the sway bar level. I suspect it will be level with a load on.
Agreed, the end links are quite cheesy....I'm making my own.

MB

Back