New to electronic 4x4 - educate me

if you live at the beach, a short (100 yard) mostly straight drive in the rain will have enough slip on the tires to not be a problem. The water and sand will forgive traction. Do it once a month, and rotate the manual hub lock every oil change. You’ll be fine. Just don’t go running the F1 track and it’ll be straight enough. You don’t have to go fast to sling oil and move the hub gears in and out.
Just do not leave it in 4wd ! I have done it once or twice over the years. Nothing exploded. The steering feedback told me I was an idiot and I put it back in 2wd. 😂
 
Is this a gasser thing??? Never heard or read of anyone giving this as an issue with ESOF.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
it'd have to be a long steady acceleration climb or dig & very steady on the gas.

it hasn't happened to me & i haven't heard anyone mention it's happened but it could in a steady acceleration climb of 30sec or longer.

diesels make even less vacuum so they could be susceptible to it also.

you can purposefully get off the gas every 15 to 20 seconds to avoid it also.
 
My weird experience was on my Ranger with ESOF. I went to Warn manual hubs when one of the automatic ones failed. During a particularly miserable week I had left them locked in for my daily 75 mile roundtrip and would just the ESOF to get into parking lots and the yard. One day I was about 30 miles and heard some weird noises, stopped for fuel and one of the hubs had backed out to between Free and Lock
 
Indeed they do. Force fed engines don’t pull a vacuum.
1000019038.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom