Reaction Points
Military
No
Current Ride
24' F250 Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Greetings all,

This truck popped in at a semi-local dealer and I had to snag it. Got it yesterday, XLT premium package, BAP, 7.3L w/ Baja interior. Beautiful truck IMO. Super stoked. Glad to be here.

IMG_9655.jpeg

IMG_9652.jpeg

Welcome. Great looking truck!

Congratulations! Welcome aboard.
Cheers 🍻

Congrats and welcome

⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️
⬆️

That's all I have to say.

Can you veteran Tremor owners help explain if I got a brake issue with this truck? I had a 2011 6.7 F250 so I am not new to superduty's but this Tremor is a whole other animal. Sometimes it feels like I may have a warped rotor and occasionally I feel some pulsating in the brake pedal. I can't tell if it's just the big ass tires because let's face it, they are mud-terrains IMO, not AT's, coupled with the whacky downshifts the 10 speed tranny gives and just the overall stiff suspension is causing what I feel.

Truck had 80 miles when I bought it so who knows how those 80 miles were driven. I know these trucks aren't smooth runners but is what I described similar to what others experience with these trucks?

Congratulations and welcome! Great catch! 🏆
Beautiful truck! I’ve never seen that interior in person. Looks very nice!
Enjoy!

Just curious. Was it an original inventory vehicle or was it a cancelled retail order?
Dealers around here are stuffed with Retail ordered vehicles (Tremor’s) that the buyers decided to not take delivery of them upon their arrival. What a shame.

Sometimes, dealers do “trades” of vehicles with other dealers and most of the time they are driven from one dealership to the other, instead of paying for a transport carrier to do it.

It will list the original ordering dealer near the bottom of the Monroney sticker. If it is different from your selling dealer, maybe it was traded and the 80 miles was the distance between the two?
Or, the vehicle was dropped off at another location and driven the rest of the way? Or was test driven a few times?
Or, it was built at the factory, but had to go to an upfitter shop for completion of the vehicle? (Spray-in Bedliner, etc…)
Or, etc…

The brake rotors sometimes have a Cosmoline coating to protect them from corrosion, which is sticky and smelly as it “burns off” of them while initially using it. The pulsating might be due to that?

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome! Great catch! 🏆
Beautiful truck! I’ve never seen that interior in person. Looks very nice!
Enjoy!

Just curious. Was it an original inventory vehicle or was it a cancelled retail order?
Dealers around here are stuffed with Retail ordered vehicles (Tremor’s) that the buyers decided to not take delivery of them upon their arrival. What a shame.
I don't think it was a cancelled order. I feel like it would have been mentioned. Kinda bummed it had 80 miles on it. I was told they had it for about a week before I came along and to my salesman's knowledge it hadn't been driven once it got there. Who knows where it came it from to have 80 miles on it. I could have just been given the run around though.

How many miles on it now?
Is the brake pedal soft? Maybe the brake line wasn’t properly bled while it was being built? Air within the line might cause a pulsing.

Ford covers your concerns, so your best bet is to schedule an appt with the service dept and have them check it out. That way you’ll get the info from someone that can personally check it out. The sooner the better, that way you don’t catch the blame if they discover damage/abuse.
And since you documented it right away they can look elsewhere (prior to your delivery) to assign any blame. In either case, you shouldn’t have to pay for something you didn’t cause. Best of luck! 👍

Back