New member from NJ

Matt_

Tremor Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction Points
3
Location
NJ
Hey everyone, been lurking for years and now finally getting close to ordering my Tremor so I figured I'd join and start actually participating.

We're a family of 6 and do a lot of traveling for mountain bike racing. Currently tow a 34' travel trailer, but I can see upgrading to a 5th wheel in a few years as more of my kids start to drive and travel less with us.

I already have my quote from Granger and a local dealer. I'll likely be making the trip out to Granger. Just waiting a bit longer to lock in the order for various reasons, but the main one being I don't need the truck sitting around in NJ winter weather and our next big trip isn't until July. And even if I get stuck waiting longer than expected ill still have my current tow vehicle.

I really wanted to order a long bed Tremor, primarily for the larger gas tank and less complications for future 5th wheel upgrade, but long bed tremors require captains chairs for some odd reason (i need/want to seat 6). I contemplated a non-tremor and building my own.... but I think ill be happier with the short bed tremor in the immediate future, and a stock Tremor will probably hold value better for future trade-in if I wanted to get a long bed. I also have the option to add an aftermarket fuel tank for more capacity if I really feel the need.

First accessories will be a bed cover with bike racks above it. I can carry three bikes on my travel trailer and hoping to get three or four spots above the bed. I know at least one person in a Facebook Tremor group has four 1up racks above the bed... not sure if they're on here but I'll definitely be tracking them down for advice 😆

Pretty sure that sums things up about me.
 
Hey Jerseyite, former NY'er here. Welcome. I'm new to Ford and I'll tell you you came to the right forum. Have fun with the ordering process.
 
Hey Jerseyite, former NY'er here. Welcome. I'm new to Ford and I'll tell you you came to the right forum. Have fun with the ordering process.
Thanks! My parents and multiple friends have migrated from the northeast to FL as well. They're loving it!
 
Welcome!
 
Welcome to the forum, lots of Mountain Bike riding here in Southern Utah. Let me know if you are ever in town.
 
Hey everyone, been lurking for years and now finally getting close to ordering my Tremor so I figured I'd join and start actually participating.

We're a family of 6 and do a lot of traveling for mountain bike racing. Currently tow a 34' travel trailer, but I can see upgrading to a 5th wheel in a few years as more of my kids start to drive and travel less with us.

I already have my quote from Granger and a local dealer. I'll likely be making the trip out to Granger. Just waiting a bit longer to lock in the order for various reasons, but the main one being I don't need the truck sitting around in NJ winter weather and our next big trip isn't until July. And even if I get stuck waiting longer than expected ill still have my current tow vehicle.

I really wanted to order a long bed Tremor, primarily for the larger gas tank and less complications for future 5th wheel upgrade, but long bed tremors require captains chairs for some odd reason (i need/want to seat 6). I contemplated a non-tremor and building my own.... but I think ill be happier with the short bed tremor in the immediate future, and a stock Tremor will probably hold value better for future trade-in if I wanted to get a long bed. I also have the option to add an aftermarket fuel tank for more capacity if I really feel the need.

First accessories will be a bed cover with bike racks above it. I can carry three bikes on my travel trailer and hoping to get three or four spots above the bed. I know at least one person in a Facebook Tremor group has four 1up racks above the bed... not sure if they're on here but I'll definitely be tracking them down for advice 😆

Pretty sure that sums things up about me.
Welcome, here in NJ too! Would love to see the photos of the above bed bike racks, I am also looking for a way to move around 2-4 bikes.
 
Welcome, here in NJ too! Would love to see the photos of the above bed bike racks, I am also looking for a way to move around 2-4 bikes.
My last truck had a retrax cover with t-slot side rails with Thule load bars, but that was close to 15 years ago. Pretty sure the Tremor with 4 racks had a similar setup, and the newer load bar styles can fit more on top especially if using the integrated mounts that don't interfere with the towers. I'll try to message him for more details
 
I have a retrax cover with t-slot side rails actually... I will have to see what Thule has that could hold my mountain bike. Fat tires!
1790697730352.webp


 
Nice! Just need to get some Thule aero load bars and a 1up rack with the flush mount hardware that slides into the slots on top of the bars.

From your name I'm guessing you're a 6 mile regular?

Edit: hes running four 1up racks on this Go Rhino t-track bed rail kit
 
Last edited:
Welcome Jersey! I hope the nor'easter there is not affecting you too much. Looking forward to seeing your rig.
 
Back
Top Bottom