Need your help RE: PM Sensor

They are plastic tree style push pins like those shown above. You can almost certainly get them at Ace.

Here is the part for the shield you will also need. Luckily it's cheap as well:

JL3Z5L215A

XWvEbGG.png

Yep I knew my friends wouldn't let me down, I was able to ease out and take pic between patients. Terrible pic but it shows the shield and push pin (just barely)
IMG_1679.jpg

A hour ride back to them....yea might not be worth it. I would give them a call or at least a bad review. Your dime...your choice.
Yeah, now that I see there is supposed to be a cover too I think it is going back.

Thanks all for the help. It seems the dealer's shoddy work goes way beyond just attaching with a zip tie....they didn't even finish the job!

It is only $20 for the parts to finish the job. I"m on the fence but I'm leaning towards taking it in just on the principle of it.

Thanks all for the help. It seems the dealer's shoddy work goes way beyond just attaching with a zip tie....they didn't even finish the job!

It is only $20 for the parts to finish the job. I"m on the fence but I'm leaning towards taking it in just on the principle of it.
Bigger question is why they weren’t installed when I’m sure a recall comes with a parts list and a description of the work required.

Bigger question is why they weren’t installed when I’m sure a recall comes with a parts list and a description of the work required.
Exactly!!

Definitely take it back and make them finish the job.

If the dealer can get you in quickly and not have to drop truck off and wait weeks with birds crapping on it, I'd let them do it. Otherwise order the $12 worth of parts and knock it out in 5 minutes. Sucks I know, but time is worth way more than that.

I had the same thought when the dealer didn't put a bolt back on the tranmission cooler after replacing the torque converter seal. Took it in & waited for them to install it. An hour later they came & said it was done. Drove it back to work & they didn't even put the bolt in! Drove straight back & had them fix it. Needless to say, I have lost all confidence in that dealer which sucks because they are close to home & never a hassle about getting a loaner. Techs are so incompetent nowadays that I would prob just do it myself.

Training and tools are better than they've ever been yet the quality of those within the workforce is diminishing at a rapid pace, it's a terrifying trend.

I had the same thought when the dealer didn't put a bolt back on the tranmission cooler after replacing the torque converter seal. Took it in & waited for them to install it. An hour later they came & said it was done. Drove it back to work & they didn't even put the bolt in! Drove straight back & had them fix it. Needless to say, I have lost all confidence in that dealer which sucks because they are close to home & never a hassle about getting a loaner. Techs are so incompetent nowadays that I would prob just do it myself.
I have a dealer 3 miles away and I have sworn them off. I have given them so many tries and in the end the continue to dissappoint. We are a Ford family so we have many visits to a dealer. My wife's explorer came out of an oil change with a dent. They had my son's F150 for a week and never even touched it because they lost his keys day 1. How hard is it for a dealer to get a new key? Or better yet be upfront and call me and I'll bring another set over so at least the service could be finished. The dealer that did me wrong this time is an hour away but up till now for the past 12 years have been pretty solid. I told my service advisor to mail me the missing parts and I would install them. He is dead on the net, so I'll give them a week and then probably order the parts myself. Or better yet, use my Ford reward points.

Back