Must have options when placing a build?

Love this thread (honestly
Because of this site you all swayed me to a Tremor) placed my order this weekend for 2021 Lariat Tremor (need a front bench seat - have four kids so I couldn’t go any higher than the Lariat). Noticed I missed the heated steering wheel so I am having the dealership add it tomorrow to my order. But what else is a must that I should be considering on this build?
Looks like you pretty much have everything after adding the heated wheel.

The bench is nice for extra passengers just need to remember not to block the floor vents in back under the front seats for the rear passengers. My wife stuffed pillows back there this weekend and was complaining of poor climate control until we moved the pillows.

I'm curious about your must have options.

I think I'm going to order a 2021 F-250. Here is what I'm thinking for required options.

Lariat - for leather and Sync 3
Tremor Package - obvious reasons
7.3 Engine
Up-fitter Switches
Sport Package
Dual Battery - Seems impossible to find one of these on a lot.

I intend to use the truck as a daily commuter - seriously 2 miles round trip.

I also plan on putting a Leer/Are/Snugtop on the back and building out a sleeping platform for camping trips and overland trips to the mountains. I

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I might be overlooking.
I will go against the grain on the F250 vs F350 debate:

If I was going with the 7.3 I would opt F250
if I need to tow more and want to go 6.7 then F350.

I will say that with my F350 6.7 its probably more truck then I will ever need. There have been a few times I was wishing that I was in the 7.3.

I will say that with my F350 6.7 its probably more truck then I will ever need. There have been a few times I was wishing that I was in the 7.3.
The 7.3L doesn’t get much credit for towing, for a NA motor very impressive. I came from a 8.1L and drove a 6.8L V10 for work as well as occasional light use of a 6.7L diesel. It really falls in the middle on power and fuel economy from what I have experienced. In the Tremor listed max towing between the gas 350 and diesel is only 1900 LBS. Combined with the 10 speed the 7.3L will move a lot of weight at speed if you don’t care on mileage.

The 7.3L doesn’t get much credit for towing, for a NA motor very impressive. I came from a 8.1L and drove a 6.8L V10 for work as well as occasional light use of a 6.7L diesel. It really falls in the middle on power and fuel economy from what I have experienced. In the Tremor listed max towing between the gas 350 and diesel is only 1900 LBS. Combined with the 10 speed the 7.3L will move a lot of weight at speed if you don’t care on mileage.
yep
but I was thinking the 7.3 F250 more of Toy than then heaver 6.7. The pushrod engines make plenty of power for pay loads and play time.

For me the 5th wheel prep package and gooseneck hitch as I will be towing long distances. Diesel engine a must as diesel cheaper than gas on Vancouver Island and who doesn’t want 1050ftlbs of torque! Factory front and rear mudflaps. Platinum for the massage seats and auto deploy running boards. Henry Ford said you can have your Model T in any colour as long it was black, so Agate Black it is:)

I’m actually with you on the F250/F250 debate. Especially after looking at the 2020 Ford towing guide, the Tremor package actually scales back on the tow ratings for both. There’s this little side note on all the ratings, it’s in TINY FINE PRINT and is easy to miss and it says (Tremor Package) it corresponds to the lower tow rating for both gooseneck & bumper hitch ratings. So, after studying that for awhile it was an easy decision to go F250 w/7.3L & 4.30 gears! Got me a 2020 XLT out the door for $52,500.

After coming from an 802a Raptor, I had a lot of things in that truck I didn’t use or didn’t like. IMO, engine choice and trim package is individual preference but for me must haves are;

Tailgate step
360 camera
Power extending tow mirrors
Leather wrapped steering wheel if you order an XLT
Bedliner
Bed lights
Wheel well liners
Color matched bumpers
LED headlights

I am
Oh shit there’s another Dave that’s from NY. N Carolina strong LOL. Or are you. Ft Bragg. Thanks for your service. MAD RESPECT
I am from Buffalo NY.....Just landed in NC 10 years ago

Being in the military since 1978....moved around alot: ME, MI, IN, TN/KY, and NC.....also did a year in the Aleutians and 4 in Germany. Still work for Uncle just not directly.

Last edited:
I’m actually with you on the F250/F250 debate. Especially after looking at the 2020 Ford towing guide, the Tremor package actually scales back on the tow ratings for both. There’s this little side note on all the ratings, it’s in TINY FINE PRINT and is easy to miss and it says (Tremor Package) it corresponds to the lower tow rating for both gooseneck & bumper hitch ratings. So, after studying that for awhile it was an easy decision to go F250 w/7.3L & 4.30 gears! Got me a 2020 XLT out the door for $52,500.
Dan the Man. Great price.

yep
but I was thinking the 7.3 F250 more of Toy than then heaver 6.7. The pushrod engines make plenty of power for pay loads and play time.

We are going with the F350 Tremor and my little lady wants a Jeep. Between a F350, a Jeep, and a Corvette, I think we should have all the bases covered?

My list would be:
-6.7l
-LED
-Rapid heat
-Winch
-Lariat sport package
-Any color but Velocity blue. (Not a respected color or very championey)

Attachments

• tenor (3).gif
    tenor (3).gif
    61.5 KB · Views: 12
We are going with the F350 Tremor and my little lady wants a Jeep. Between a F350, a Jeep, and a Corvette, I think we should have all the bases covered?
Get yourself a Nice Harley Davidson to go with that Fat Collection of rides.

Definitely the bed step. I didn’t get it because I in my head I told myself I’m only 35 so I won’t have a problem getting in and out. I also worried about something else that could rattle or break. Well, after a month of ownership it’s my only regret.

Definitely the bed step. I didn’t get it because I in my head I told myself I’m only 35 so I won’t have a problem getting in and out. I also worried about something else that could rattle or break. Well, after a month of ownership it’s my only regret.
They have the Tail gate step for 2020. Now on my build they had Bed Step. I ordered it thinking it was the Bed Gate Step. On the Platinum Tremor the Bed Gate Step is one of the standard options. So now I have 2. You don’t need 2 and I don’t know how GAY it’s going look. I want my bad ass truck to have every option but don’t need 2 steps to get into the bed. My wife said who knows you might like the option. But a step to get into your bed is a must in my opinion. I’m 52 years young.
?✌️???????

that's different than the tailgate step?

that's different than the tailgate step?
Yeah Man. It was under new options. And a new Adaptive Steering was a new option. And they had that option last year. So who knows how these features are. Now that I ordered that bed step I might just like it. It may allow you to step up without dropping the tail gate. After I wrote what I wrote my wife laughed and said AGAIN YOU ARE GOINT TO PROBABLY LIKE IT. So every Mother Fucking Option.
Oh shut one more thing. I saw 2 Suoer Duty trucks. 1 had Ford weather Matts the other had Weather Tech Matts and Weather Tech had the True Pan. So much BETTER. Don’t waste your money on Fords. I didn’t put it on my build. Forgot to tell you.

Got mine built and ordered; 2021 Lariat Diesel (Tremor as if that's not implied on this forum).

So what's the story with the Adaptive Steering? I didn't put that on my build. But I could be convinced to add if it's worth the $.

Also...Iron Man sounds like the Ford all weather mats are garbage and I should go after market?

They have the Tail gate step for 2020. Now on my build they had Bed Step. I ordered it thinking it was the Bed Gate Step. On the Platinum Tremor the Bed Gate Step is one of the standard options. So now I have 2. You don’t need 2 and I don’t know how GAY it’s going look. I want my bad ass truck to have every option but don’t need 2 steps to get into the bed. My wife said who knows you might like the option. But a step to get into your bed is a must in my opinion. I’m 52 years young.
?✌???????

do you have pictures of these two different parts?

Also I saw you used the adjective GAY in your post, be mindful that might offend many of the Airmen and Sailors on the forum.

Back