Must have options when placing a build?

the 6.7 is about as must have as it gets for me. :)

I’ve never been a diesel guy until this truck, now i will be forever!
Yeah 100% on the deisel train too. I dont love the payload loss but the torque is well worth it.

Unless you live in FL or SoCal: Heated Steering Wheel!!!!--favorite option. Lariat Ultimate, Lariat Sport, Adaptive Steering and Cruise, and Finally 397 alternator.... (so you can get the winch later).

Today I was listening to a bunch of wine-ers, on the facebook group, who owned XLTs or Un-Optioned Lariats. They were bitching about Ford and why there trucks didn't have LEDs or many of the cool options I have in my $76K truck....... You don't like Ford and you own a TREMOR? Couldn't understand their attitude. I thought: Why don't you go get you a RAM or some of that GM crap that's available. Your buying a big capable expensive Heavy Duty Truck....... Don't Skimp.........

Last edited:
Unless you live in FL or SoCal: Heated Steering Wheel!!!!--favorite option. Lariat Ultimate, Lariat Sport, Adaptive Steering and Cruise, and Finally 397 alternator.... (so you can get the winch later).

Today I was listening to a bunch of wine-ers, on the facebook group, who owned XLTs or Un-Optioned Lariats. They were bitching about Ford and why there trucks didn't have LEDs or many of the cool options I have in my $76K truck....... You don't like Ford and you own a TREMOR? Couldn't understand their attitude. I thought: Why don't you go get you a RAM or some of that GM crap that's available. Your buying a big capable expensive Heavy Duty Truck....... Don't Skimp.........
I'm in SoCal and getting the heated wheel. Will be good for ski trips in the mountains and even where i am in a suburb outside LA, it hits 30 degrees early in the morning in Jan/Feb.....

But yeah I agree on the options. That's why they're called options....you gotta pay for them lol. Can't buy an XLT and be uspet you didn't get the same goodies as the guy in the Platinum that spent 20K more than you lol. Personally, this is the first time I've ever gone the special order route and by far the most expensive vehicle I've ever decided to buy so I'm doing it up 100%. It would suck to spend over 80K on a truck and a few months later be upset that I didn't spend that extra $500 or $1000 for an option I really wish I had.

I'm in SoCal and getting the heated wheel. Will be good for ski trips in the mountains and even where i am in a suburb outside LA, it hits 30 degrees early in the morning in Jan/Feb.....

But yeah I agree on the options. That's why they're called options....you gotta pay for them lol. Can't buy an XLT and be uspet you didn't get the same goodies as the guy in the Platinum that spent 20K more than you lol. Personally, this is the first time I've ever gone the special order route and by far the most expensive vehicle I've ever decided to buy so I'm doing it up 100%. It would suck to spend over 80K on a truck and a few months later be upset that I didn't spend that extra $500 or $1000 for an option I really wish I had.
Thats why the 397 alternator...my truck doesn't have it. And adaptive cruise steering. My truck doesn't have it and it is why some of our trucks wander on the highway more than others.

I have to agree on the led(at least led day running lights) or push button start. Led and push button is on many $20k priced vehicles. But with that I want cloth and rubber mats. Haha.

Last edited:
Honestly, the only option you need are truck nutz. I've got mine customized with a metal plate so it sparks when they drag.

I'm curious about your must have options.

I think I'm going to order a 2021 F-250. Here is what I'm thinking for required options.

Lariat - for leather and Sync 3
Tremor Package - obvious reasons
7.3 Engine
Up-fitter Switches
Sport Package
Dual Battery - Seems impossible to find one of these on a lot.

I intend to use the truck as a daily commuter - seriously 2 miles round trip.

I also plan on putting a Leer/Are/Snugtop on the back and building out a sleeping platform for camping trips and overland trips to the mountains. I

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I might be overlooking.
Go to Mustang of America club. Sign up and pay 25$. You don’t even need a vin#. They give you an option to buy a new Ford vehicle with X Pricing.
I built a 2021 Platinum Tremor with every option and had signed an agreed buyers order for 3,300$ below MSRP. MSRP 89,940$ but got it for 86,649$ with the 3,300$ negotiations. Plus tax and 100$ for tags and title.
After 2 weeks of signing the buyers order I called them back saying what can I do to get X Pricing done to get the price lowered. Salesman said no problem, when he gets an invoice closer to delivery date he will add my X Price pin # and it will be a standard price that x plans come with. Should save me another 2,000$.
Now if I already had signed up for Mustang of America club and had my pin already it would have come up with the lower price from the start and I wouldn’t be asking to add it later.
The great men on this forum advised me on this and know more about it. So welcome to the forum. The men on this site are fucking fantastic group of Dudes.

Go to Mustang of America club. Sign up and pay 25$. You don’t even need a vin#. They give you an option to buy a new Ford vehicle with X Pricing.
I built a 2021 Platinum Tremor with every option and had signed an agreed buyers order for 3,300$ below MSRP. MSRP 89,940$ but got it for 86,649$ with the 3,300$ negotiations. Plus tax and 100$ for tags and title.
After 2 weeks of signing the buyers order I called them back saying what can I do to get X Pricing done to get the price lowered. Salesman said no problem, when he gets an invoice closer to delivery date he will add my X Price pin # and it will be a standard price that x plans come with. Should save me another 2,000$.
Now if I already had signed up for Mustang of America club and had my pin already it would have come up with the lower price from the start and I wouldn’t be asking to add it later.
The great men on this forum advised me on this and know more about it. So welcome to the forum. The men on this site are fucking fantastic group of Dudes.
Go get everything they have to offer you for your Lariat. You’ll get it cheaper from X Plan and it’s better for resale. Plus you don’t want to regret not having it added down the road. If you can afford it. It’s close to 77,000 with the 7.3L. So a couple of thousand more (if you can afford it or can make it happen) to get that dream truck. Although I’m talking about a build on a 2021. Just my opinion my brother. ??✌️??????

Here were the stipulations I wrote down before I started seriously looking:

Truck options
  1. Star White or Silver (Must have)
  2. Lariat Sport Package (Must have)
  3. Lariat Value Package (Preferred over Ultimate Package, but either would be acceptable)
  4. Tailgate Step/Remote Start if on the Value Package (included with Ultimate Package)
  5. 3.55 gear ratio
  6. Tremor Package (strongly preferred, otherwise would like a quote on adding the Tremor Side Steps)

Truck options
  3. Lariat Value Package (Preferred over Ultimate Package, but either would be acceptable)
  4. Tailgate Step/Remote Start if on the Value Package (included with Ultimate Package)
  5. 3.55 gear ratio
  6. Tremor Package (strongly preferred, otherwise would like a quote on adding the Tremor Side Steps)
Lariat value pack does not have push button start even with remote start option.

Truck options
  5. 3.55 gear ratio
Go all in every a SILVER Tremor. I went 2021 Silver Platinum Tremor
Fuck yeahhhhhhh

You know I'm the one that told ya'll about the Mustang Club :)

You know I'm the one that told ya'll about the Mustang Club :)
Yeah Man. Truly Total Respect. I never take credit where credit is not due. So absolutely thank You for your advice. If you see any of my posts I credit all who have showed me this special information that should be shared with everyone. So my brother thank you. GOD BLESS ??✌️?????????

Yeah Man. Truly Total Respect. I never take credit where credit is not due. So absolutely thank You for your advice. If you see any of my posts I credit all who have showed me this special information that should be shared with everyone. So my brother thank you. GOD BLESS ??✌?????????
I’m so not that Dude that tries to benefit from someone else’s experience. And from someone who helps out with their awesome advice. Check me out my friend. You’ll know where I stand if you look all my posts.

My dealer gave me pricing lower then X pricing , so FYI it is possible to get lower. I simply sent an email to 6 or so dealers in my area, and one returned 250 over invoice. just under 5K off an 83K msrp.

Lariat value pack does not have push button start even with remote start option.

That is correct. The push button start was not a “must have.”

I managed to find the exact truck I wanted that had every option I wanted, and none of the expensive options I didn’t. For example - I really didn’t want a sunroof or power steps.

Heated steering wheel
LED headlights
It looks like the heated steering wheel is a stand alone option for 2021. It's listed as code 60W on the 2021 order guide. I just asked the dealer to add it to my order.

It looks like the heated steering wheel is a stand alone option for 2021. It's listed as code 60W on the 2021 order guide. I just asked the dealer to add it to my order.
I ordered a 2021 Platinum Tremor F 250. The heated steering wheel was always part of the standard options. When I built mine at the dealer 2 weeks ago I didn’t see that option. I’m hoping it’s on my build. Which one are you building a Lariat or a Platinum or a King Ranch??? Do you know if it’s still with the Platinum.

I ordered a 2021 Platinum Tremor F 250. The heated steering wheel was always part of the standard options. When I built mine at the dealer 2 weeks ago I didn’t see that option. I’m hoping it’s on my build. Which one are you building a Lariat or a Platinum or a King Ranch??? Do you know if it’s still with the Platinum.
It looks like it is still included with the platinum per the 2021 order guide (see page 9).

Attachments

• 2021 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
Back