Music

Damn I'm getting old, never heard of 90% of these musicians. Lol
Wife and I listen to music 7 nights a week but it's stuff like Kenny Chesney, old dominion, tom petty, Elton John, 4 non blondes, heatwave, Zeppelin......stuff like that.

Liked the guitar intro, right up until the vocals kicked in. After that, everything became like a 1980's glam metal video, where every band follows the exact same formula; girl in bikini playing guitar, lots of pyro-technics, things blowing up while hair band sings forgetful song.

Was watching a 2 hour history of MTV a couple nights ago. It was fascinating how it all came together and how quickly it grew into something that controlled record sales based on how bands looked. The best part of that for me is that in the early years, only the British pop bands could quickly put out the videos MTV needed to keep on the air. So I got a lot of the Police, Clash, and silly stuff like Dexy's Midnight Riders, Men Without Hats, Big Country, Human League, Flock of Seagulls, Bananarama, Fun Boy Three, Madness, Haircut 100, A-Ha, Thomas Dolby, Altered Images, Boomtown Rats, Bronski Beat, Duran Duran, Blancmange, Visage, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Yaz, The Smiths, Kate Bush, Soft Cell, Bow Wow Wow, The Style Council, Thompson Twins, Pet Shop Boys, New Order, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Tears For Fears, Ultravox, Simple Minds, Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark, Art of Noise, Spandau Ballet, Adam and the Ants, to name a few.

Back