Moving To Florida

yep. I rest my case. Descriptions of where to live (while I agree with the above comments regarding how nice the beaches and beach towns are) particularly Seminole the identifying factor is where all white places are. Trump 2024 . Racists. Seditionists. Enjoy and thanks for reminding me I chose wisely.

yep. I rest my case. Descriptions of where to live (while I agree with the above comments regarding how nice the beaches and beach towns are) particularly Seminole the identifying factor is where all white places are. Trump 2024 . Racists. Seditionists. Enjoy and thanks for reminding me I chose wisely.
The ranting of a moron as evidenced by his comparison of Christians to the Taliban. @MagicTruck Since you are moving, may I recommend a destination? Afganistan

Last edited by a moderator:
Having been a Baptist missionary and built churches in Mexico in younger years I take offense at your personal name calling. I at no time said the word Christians. Of which that your words prove my point and identify the exact reason I no longer wish to be , nor be guided politically ,by people who talk shit but know nothing at all about the teachings of Jesus Christ. To each his own except apparently the fascist followers of a women abusing anti democratic low life pediphile who likes golden showers . Great prophet ya got there!
24FCE43B-BD27-46FB-92BC-9BC8C3CF3A76.jpeg

Hey All, the wifey and I will be moving to Florida as soon as she graduates dental school May of 2023. We have visited several beaches from Jacksonville to Daytona, Orange Beach, AL to Destin, and Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. So far we have decided that the gulf side is where we want to be. We are really active people who like to live somewhere with sports and concert arenas, parks, hunting, motorcycle riding and of course a plethora of bars. We are going to visit Clearwater / Tampa Bay area next year. From online searching, it really fits the bill of what we are looking for, including, a large amount of new dental patients every year. Its always nerve racking to move to a new location and finding a decent neighborhood without a ton of crime. I'm sorry to say that we are a bit gun shy, so to speak, after moving to Memphis, TN. for her school. This is not Tremor related, but I know we have an excellent group of informational people on this forum and would love your feedback. I see that @yArdbird , @Brian33778, @Geoff877, @JBlaze5811, @Hailepo, @Kilroy_was_here and @Outnumbered live in the area. For you all that live in Pinellas and Hillsborough county, where are the areas to stay and the areas to avoid. What do like about and hate about the area? We will probably live in an apartment the first 6 months to a year in-order to establish roots and see if we even like the area. I really don't want to be a Buccaneers fan but when in Rome lol. Thanks!
Tampa, Clearwater is your best bet, enjoy the traffic and the madness though, it’s worse every year.

58 years in St. Petersburg and could not wait to get the hell out of Fl after retiring due to the trumping assholes such as their current governor. If you love cockroaches a fun time is watching them come down from the roach condos that are palm trees at dusk you can sit on the porch with a BB gun and hunt your heart out. But you better have your mosquito spray handy. And some skin lotion (can’t remember name brand which actually does work ) that drives away the no-see-ums. The baptist want to tell you how to live. The angry retired new yorkers ( not the diverse open to others type) think the trump style loudmouth no it all’s that want a law against anything they think lowers their property values dominate. School system that teaches how to keep head down follow the leader instead of critical thinking. Tailgating get out of my way I’m more important than you are people. And taliban like state government. Every rip off artist in the country does business in Florida for a reason. It was a great place until Ronald Reagan but no more. There are beautiful places indeed still but the negatives seriously outnumber the positives in my opinion. So if ya like to wash the bugs off your tremor every other day , ya like too many flags (“last refuge of a scoundrel”) bibles (no diff than the taliban just diff book) , loudmouths every bar or restaurant you visit, paying a couple bucks an hour to park near the beach, heavy traffic anywhere worth visiting including rivers and lakes, backwards thinking politicians and basically mean angry people - then floriduhs the place to go…
Being born in east tenn I jlike that area a lot also but can’t tolerate the political climate there either.

Never knew Ronald Reagan was Governor of Florida, or that Christians raped and murdered people like the Taliban, the things one learns here

Having been a Baptist missionary and built churches in Mexico in younger years I take offense at your personal name calling. I at no time said the word Christians. Of which that your words prove my point and identify the exact reason I no longer wish to be , nor be guided politically ,by people who talk shit but know nothing at all about the teachings of Jesus Christ. To each his own except apparently the fascist followers of a women abusing anti democratic low life pediphile who likes golden showers . Great prophet ya got there! View attachment 37511

This boys and girls is why drugs are bad

You came into a thread and started name calling then you take offense 😂😂😂

@modified this forum used to be sooo good. Now it’s just people fighting over BS. Drop the hammer on these people.
Hell I was just asking for advice and @MagicTruck started on a rant lol. 🤯

Hey All, the wifey and I will be moving to Florida as soon as she graduates dental school May of 2023. We have visited several beaches from Jacksonville to Daytona, Orange Beach, AL to Destin, and Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. So far we have decided that the gulf side is where we want to be. We are really active people who like to live somewhere with sports and concert arenas, parks, hunting, motorcycle riding and of course a plethora of bars. We are going to visit Clearwater / Tampa Bay area next year. From online searching, it really fits the bill of what we are looking for, including, a large amount of new dental patients every year. Its always nerve racking to move to a new location and finding a decent neighborhood without a ton of crime. I'm sorry to say that we are a bit gun shy, so to speak, after moving to Memphis, TN. for her school. This is not Tremor related, but I know we have an excellent group of informational people on this forum and would love your feedback. I see that @yArdbird , @Brian33778, @Geoff877, @JBlaze5811, @Hailepo, @Kilroy_was_here and @Outnumbered live in the area. For you all that live in Pinellas and Hillsborough county, where are the areas to stay and the areas to avoid. What do like about and hate about the area? We will probably live in an apartment the first 6 months to a year in-order to establish roots and see if we even like the area. I really don't want to be a Buccaneers fan but when in Rome lol. Thanks!

I live in the Odessa Keystone area, if I had to pick an area to live it would be the Old Northeast/St Pete area. Great restaurants and nightlife in downtown St.Pete/Beach dr. area all of which are walking distance from the Old Northeast. Short drive over to Tampa if you want to see a Bucs or Lightning game. The area is pricey, expect to pay $700K and up for a nice home.

Lots of road work going on all over and the huge influx of people has lead to lots of traffic but its nothing like California or Atlanta.

We spent a month in Florida researching the state, medical facilities and cost of living as well as just driving all over getting the feel for the state & the people while also looking at areas that don’t get hit by hurricanes or tend to be swampy, mosquito infested lol

We found for our tastes & needs the panhandle is superb as long as you stay away from the tourist areas around Destin and if you go N/NW outside of Orlando you have some nice areas

Being or rather having been a baptist and over the years watching it become a political driven entity and watching so many evangelical preachers get caught; living in Florida since 1957 and watching it go from a fishing beach laid back place where Lawton Chiles type politics ruled to the place certain orange cretins wish to live made it time to leave. I do recognize your point - however I do not think accuratly describing what you get when you live in Florida both people wise ( responses proved accuracy) and bug wise damns my opinion. I watched changes there long enough and became so disheartened at the un-civil actions of so many that I moved. It’s just my opinion. But the words in response to my opinion that I must be taliban coming from someone claiming to be Christ like (Christian) yet following a person most certainly un christlike does indeed trigger me. The hypocrisy of the whole thing astounds me. Move to Fl if you want . Live there amongst as long as you want. I do not give a flying fuckola! Enjoy it! However, try to tell me that Christianity is the Only True Way, try to run the town , state or country following only Your religion as it’s the only valid religion. That’s the talibans way. Tell me to leave the counrty because I’m not (here’s where it gets difficult to not offend because there are still truths in the world) thinking in my opinion like a fascist bigoted racist which the great orange anus is most definitely will get a response. Im old. I call em like I see them at this time. The way I read this thread it became a guide to how to avoid people of color. Having lived thru the period of time that certain areas in st Pete were altered by realtors and politicians looking to make other areas attractive (see Seminole) and thus more costly and thus the realtors more money and seeing it done by first selling houses to people of color then pointing out how the place was going downhill so you should go over there - it became quite easy to identify the words used to make it happen. That’s what I see in some of the comments. I don’t resect that and not being easily intimidated I’ll put my two cents in. Ultimately how this is going seems to prove my point. Stay off my yard. Not in my backyard. I’ll fly a bigger flag to show how American I am. Here’s my bible can I be in your club? Thats floriduh? I’m not a troll. I’m not trying to offend to egg anyone on. Just a guy whos done watching shit plop and not pointing it out.

And another thing. I agree with rjp4419. I must suck. I come to this site to read about the tremors. Unfortunately I will also look with interest at other than truck threads to see what’s going on. That’s where I fail here. I do get triggered by comments from some with an undercurrent of certain crap political bent. My bad. I do apologize for being part of the problem not the solution. But you ask about Fl and I gave an opinion based on my life experience. In Fl But got distracted by flag waving bible thumping and yes ranted. Fla is complicated place and this thread is a small window.

Without a doubt, Florida is beautiful & a thriving state with tons of different opportunities, it’s also getting insanely hard to find decent priced housing on a budget, even retirement communities are outrageously priced with all the people flocking to Florida

7D003607-F9F3-439D-BA99-02919ACA6E0E.jpeg

58 years in St. Petersburg and could not wait to get the hell out of Fl after retiring due to the trumping assholes such as their current governor. If you love cockroaches a fun time is watching them come down from the roach condos that are palm trees at dusk you can sit on the porch with a BB gun and hunt your heart out. But you better have your mosquito spray handy. And some skin lotion (can’t remember name brand which actually does work ) that drives away the no-see-ums. The baptist want to tell you how to live. The angry retired new yorkers ( not the diverse open to others type) think the trump style loudmouth no it all’s that want a law against anything they think lowers their property values dominate. School system that teaches how to keep head down follow the leader instead of critical thinking. Tailgating get out of my way I’m more important than you are people. And taliban like state government. Every rip off artist in the country does business in Florida for a reason. It was a great place until Ronald Reagan but no more. There are beautiful places indeed still but the negatives seriously outnumber the positives in my opinion. So if ya like to wash the bugs off your tremor every other day , ya like too many flags (“last refuge of a scoundrel”) bibles (no diff than the taliban just diff book) , loudmouths every bar or restaurant you visit, paying a couple bucks an hour to park near the beach, heavy traffic anywhere worth visiting including rivers and lakes, backwards thinking politicians and basically mean angry people - then floriduhs the place to go…
Being born in east tenn I jlike that area a lot also but can’t tolerate the political climate there either.
Glad you left

Born and raised Seminole, FL. Thought I’d move as an adult, but I’ve been around and I always come back. Anywhere in Pinellas county is great for convenience. But not a lot of land available in Pinellas if you want acreage. Lakland, Bradenton, Sarasota we’re all open and are now building up. Manatee and citrus counties lots of space still. I personally still live in Seminole, schools are good, lots to do and close enough to stuff to get away beach or woods if you want. Wife grew up in crystal river, that’s still our go to red-necking area. We just spent the weekend there boating off-roading and mini biking for her birthday. That area crystal river, Homosassa is getting more expensive but still is on the cheaper side. Good luck with your search. You are 100% right that the gulf side is where it’s at, I’m 42yo and 2 hurricanes in my lifetime have kissed this area barely and I’ve never had more than some roof tiles and trees down.

Back