More than just a wrecked bumper call for advice

I would sell the Ford OEM winch tray, bracketing and fairlead on the Tremor forum and keep the winch and mount it on the after market bumper.
The mounting bolt pattern is not standard. But you can always drill new mounting holes to bolt it down.

I would sell the Ford OEM winch tray, bracketing and fairlead on the Tremor forum and keep the winch and mount it on the after market bumper.
Who would be looking for the brackets without the winch?

All, I already posted a classified in search of a black bumper. I may have tried to rip mine off with a rock (long story). However, I’m wondering if I should just replace it with an aftermarket option. I have the winch mounted (which did save my ass in said story) and would prefer to retain it. Points to consider: I don’t want to modify a bumper if I don’t have to accommodate the winch. I don’t have adaptive cruise just the forward collisions stuff. My truck is a 22 f350. No ultimate trailer tow so I might be open to a grill guard one. Any input is appreciated. See picture.
I’ll buy the winch/mounting hardware/controllers if you decide to offload it. Send me a message if we can talk price and shipping.

You mentioned “ no ultimate trailer tow” and I was wondering why. I just installed an aftermarket replacement bumper with a light bar and it blocks the lower portion of the front center camera. I am looking into relocating the camera and was wondering if there is any tuning or calibration on the cameras or what you see is what you get.
Anyone know?

Not a bad idea, I wonder if you could use that to mount a regular 12k warn winch on a stock bumper.

I’ll buy the winch/mounting hardware/controllers if you decide to offload it. Send me a message if we can talk price and shipping.
I got a pm from a guy already about the winch. I’ll figure that out after hunting season. No action will be taken on the bumper until after I’m done running around in the mountains this fall. Then I’ll figure out what I’m gonna do. Whoever ends up getting the winch I’ll cut you a decent deal because I would want you to get a new winch line for it since that’s what I would do if I bought a used winch.

You mentioned “ no ultimate trailer tow” and I was wondering why. I just installed an aftermarket replacement bumper with a light bar and it blocks the lower portion of the front center camera. I am looking into relocating the camera and was wondering if there is any tuning or calibration on the cameras or what you see is what you get.
Anyone know?
I’m pretty sure it’s what you see is what you get that’s why a lot of aftermarket options say camera compatible or something.

Last edited:

I was thinking of replacing my mangled bumper with this guy. And a fairlead for the winch line. And it looks like I could do a little cutout to access the plug for the winch controller. @Nick@ApolloOptics am I insane?
Not insane at all. We can make that work. Frankly, you wouldn't need to change the fairlead unless you really wanted to. I'd go with a synthetic line winch which will come with a Hawse fairlead. Maybe swap out your hook for an upgraded Factor 55 setup as they look great and add some additional functionality. Depending on your winch, a lot of them have wireless controllers, too.

It's pretty easy to put a aftermarket bumper on the truck and keep the winch on there I did it 👍 and if you want the original bumper to this truck I have one you will just have to paint it

Back