Mickey Thompson Baha Boss All Terrain Tires

They look great. A little quieter going down the highway than the Duratracs. They balanced out pretty well, but not perfect. Going to swing by Ford tomorrow and see if they can improve on Discount Tire balancing.
Tires mounted measure out at 34.75" vs the stock tires at just a hair over 34".

View attachment 30750
Quieter because they are new vs. worn? I've noticed my Duratracs with 20k miles are worse on noise levels than when they were new. I like these tires! Were your measurements equivalent? IE both mounted and on the truck? Thank you so much for sharing.

Been really looking hard at this tire, while it's new it's winter rated and has a 50k mile warranty & from the looks of things has 2 sizes that will fit the stock tremor.

LT305/70R18
35.3"12.2"8-10"9"18.5/32"E - 10 ply3750/3415 lbs65 psi99 mph75 lbsBlack589

35X12.50R18
34.6"12.8"8.5-11"10"18.5/32"D - 8 ply2910 lbs50 psi99 mph73 lbsBlack601

Anybody have any experience with Mickey Thompson tires & thoughts on going with this tire on the Tremor
I'm mounting a set of 305 70 18s on stock rims now. The stock Duratrac 285 75s are a great tire too. The higher rating on the 285s is at 80 psi. They must be close at 65 psi.

They look great. A little quieter going down the highway than the Duratracs. They balanced out pretty well, but not perfect. Going to swing by Ford tomorrow and see if they can improve on Discount Tire balancing.
Tires mounted measure out at 34.75" vs the stock tires at just a hair over 34".

View attachment 30750

Really sharp looking rig

How far out of balance were they & how close did they come??

They look good! Do you notice any difference on how it handles with higher speeds on the highway?

Not really, pretty comparable. Maybe a little softer, but the lower PSI I'm running is likely why. I'll do some more driving tomorrow.

Quieter because they are new vs. worn? I've noticed my Duratracs with 20k miles are worse on noise levels than when they were new. I like these tires! Were your measurements equivalent? IE both mounted and on the truck? Thank you so much for sharing.
The Duratracs were new as well, 2k miles on them. I do like the Duratrac tires and was not planning on changing them out until I saw this thread. Sold the Durtracs to a forum member. Yes, both mounted on the same surface, but the Duratracs had maybe 8-10 PSI more in the tires.

Really sharp looking rig

How far out of balance were they & how close did they come??
I didn't get a readout or anything, but they all took weight. I'll see if Ford gives me some insight when they re-balance tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210816_182225.jpg
    20210816_182225.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 280
I am still waiting for my set, 305/70/18 on methods, from custom Offsets. Supposedly they'll be here in 2-3 weeks.
My 305s

Attachments

• 20210816_182156.jpg
    20210816_182156.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 67
Were you able to get them to balance?

I'm having trouble with mine. Slight vibration at Highway speed, and I have had Discount Tire take a swing at them three times now. They're telling me one is balancing out well, and the other three are taking a ton of weight. I'm pretty picky when it comes to that stuff, so I'm leaning toward sending them back and going with a Ridge Grappler. I'm bummed, I really like the look other than the balance issue I was excited about running these.

I'm having trouble with mine. Slight vibration at Highway speed, and I have had Discount Tire take a swing at them three times now. They're telling me one is balancing out well, and the other three are taking a ton of weight. I'm pretty picky when it comes to that stuff, so I'm leaning toward sending them back and going with a Ridge Grappler. I'm bummed, I really like the look other than the balance issue I was excited about running these.
Yes, but have not run them yet. My local Firestone been doing mine and always mention any balancing issues. I expect to swap them today.
Anticipating no issues

285 vs 305 from the front
Road test down to Lowe's after
that last one

Attachments

• GIF_20210817_165349.gif
    GIF_20210817_165349.gif
    223.6 KB · Views: 249

Could Discount tire get replacements & try those??

Could Discount tire get replacements & try those??
He thought so, but not within the next few days, and I’m heading out of town with the truck soon. While the Ridge Grapplers are available now (in stock size).
I also did not buy the Baja Boss tires from Discount Tire, found them at Simple Tire on eBay and asked Discount to mount them.
3 of 4 tires not balancing was disappointing. If it had been 1/4 I think I would try to find a replacement but I’m just running out of time and expect to put 5k miles on the truck within the next three weeks.

He thought so, but not within the next few days, and I’m heading out of town with the truck soon. While the Ridge Grapplers are available now (in stock size).
I also did not buy the Baja Boss tires from Discount Tire, found them at Simple Tire on eBay and asked Discount to mount them.
3 of 4 tires not balancing was disappointing. If it had been 1/4 I think I would try to find a replacement but I’m just running out of time and expect to put 5k miles on the truck within the next three weeks.

Ya, under such time constraints tires being out of round is a major pain in the ass

The 4 I got balanced out and felt good on the road

I'm jealous. Send pics installed. How you think they compare to the Duratracs?
They have a nice look; and seem great on the 1st five miles. Great fit on stock wheels. Sorry for the "dirty pictures ".
Anyone going to the silver wheels, beware that rear center caps are made in 2 depths. The Tremor wheel takes the deep one. I'm having to buy another pair.

Attachments

• 20210818_082043.jpg
    20210818_082043.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 393
  • 20210818_082106.jpg
    20210818_082106.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 377
  • 20210818_082142.jpg
    20210818_082142.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 355
  • 20210818_082158.jpg
    20210818_082158.jpg