Manual release of hood from outside of vehicle

I never thought about this problem happening, but in my case I have an Anderson plug wired directly from one of the batteries to the rear bumper. This is for charging a trailer dc-dc charger with higher amperage than the seven pin will provide. It also runs my electric over hydraulic jack. Pretty easy to apply current to the conductors in that plug and get the truck open. BTW, how many of you leave an electronic key in the secret hiding place in the truck so you don't have to carry one around ll the time?

I never thought about this problem happening, but in my case I have an Anderson plug wired directly from one of the batteries to the rear bumper. This is for charging a trailer dc-dc charger with higher amperage than the seven pin will provide. It also runs my electric over hydraulic jack. Pretty easy to apply current to the conductors in that plug and get the truck open. BTW, how many of you leave an electronic key in the secret hiding place in the truck so you don't have to carry one around ll the time?
I just leave mine in the closing cubby thingy. But, I don't leave it there for long. Just to go into a store or things like that. Love the keypad, hate carrying the heavy fob/my little "swiss army" key holder

Locksmith was able to help, he pulled the door handle, took about an hour as it was tough to do. Trucks in the shop now as i believe it has a parasitic draw since batteries are a few months old.
Glad to hear you got it to the shop. In the future, I would suggest installing a battery maintainer that you can plug in from the outside. (Such as the Noco) It may not help if you are stranded in the wilderness but if you are anywhere near AC voltage, you can plug it in and restore enough to get the truck open. This is essential if you leave the truck unattended for any length of time, the computers draw current at all times. Not much, but it can run the battery down within a few days or weeks, depending on the state of charge on the battery.

And if you are in the wilderness with a dead battery and have other tremors nearby, you can use their on-board AC to charge your battery. 😁

Locksmith was able to help, he pulled the door handle, took about an hour as it was tough to do. Trucks in the shop now as i believe it has a parasitic draw since batteries are a few months old.
Glad you made it in! And good to hear the locksmith was able to get it done.

May be a parasitic draw, could also be bad batteries if they're the factory ones. They're known for failing early.

Latest Discussions

Back