Lugnut alternatives for Method Race Wheels

larryo108

Tremor Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction Points
26
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Current Ride #1
2024 Ford F250
I will be having some Method wheels installed on my Tremor in the next couple of days. I had them on my previous F150. I loved everything about them except for the damn lugnuts. I have never been a fan of splined lugnuts. I had the Method lugnuts and a set of Gorilla for my F150, but I am curious if anyone knows of any hex lugnuts that will work with the Method wheels.

I tried some Amazon tuner style lugnuts, but my socket wouldn't fit in the lugnut hole on the wheels. Is it just a matter of getting a thin-walled socket or do I need to look for a different traditional lugnut? Thanks in advance for any help.
 
I had a set of splined lugs for my Raptor with factory beadlock wheels and hated them. Ordered Hex black lugs and ran them.
With my Method 315's on my 250, gotta run splines. Sorta used to them now and it doesn't bother me. I did buy a couple extra splined sockets to have around. (Just wish they made the socket with a 1/2 drive instead of having to use an additional socket.
Good luck finding a thinwall socket that will be as strong as the splined. I never had any luck going that route. (plus the lugs I found I didn't love)
 
That's kind of what I expected. There is a 1/2" drive socket I was able to find for Gorilla lugs. Unfortunately, it did not work for the Method lugs because they are 7 spline rather than 6. I do hate socket inside of a socket. I may just get some of the chrome Gorilla lugs and hope they don't rust like the black ones I had on my F150. PA winters are not kind at all.
 
Do you intend to use an impact to remove/install these lugnuts?
Some of the flip sockets are extremely thin wall compared to an actual impact socket.
You could always use chrome if you are not using an impact.
Tekton Flip socket
 
Screenshot_20261008_160410_Amazon Shopping.webp



 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom