Load range

surfscottydog

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Handsome Jack. 2022, F250 Tremor with four wheel camper, Fleet. All the bells and whistle‘s that I might need
Current Ride #2
Subaru Outback
Please forgive me if this question has already been asked to death. I ordered the F250 Lariat Tremor. My question is, the Duratracs, are they rated D or E?

Also add, the capacity is 4080lbs per tire so on the high side of the range I've seen for E rated tires. Many don't like them but I have no complaints personally.
Stock rims are only rated for 3,590 lbs though lol!

zaPctUn.png

Stock rims are only rated for 3,590 lbs though lol!

zaPctUn.png
Where did you find that? Curious what other details are in the document, since it isn't on the main specs page for Super Duty.

Does anyone know why there are two numbers shown for the load index rating? what's the difference between the 129 and the 126q?

stocks load e. depending on what you do, load d are perfectly fine though, if that's your concern. i've seen d's have higher capacity, but e's will be more stable with the flex.

Does anyone know why there are two numbers shown for the load index rating? what's the difference between the 129 and the 126q?
First thing, the Q is the speed rating and applies to both load ratings. So the tires are 129Q or 126Q.

As for the dual load ratings, I'll quote Tire Rack:
When looking at light truck (LT) or newer Special Trailer Service (ST) tires, there are two load indexes branded on the sidewall, separated by a forward slash. Using an LT235/75R15 104/101S Load Range C tire as an example, the load index is 104/101. 104 corresponds to 1,984 pounds, and 101 corresponds to 1,819 pounds. So what is the true load carrying capacity of the tire? The answer changes depending on the situation in which the tire is being used.

Since LT tires are commonly used on trucks with dual rear wheels, they are branded with two load indexes. The first number indicates the load carrying capacity if the tire is installed on a truck with a single-wheel rear axle, and the second number applies when the tire is used in a dual rear application.

Though it may seem counterintuitive that a tire is rated to carry less weight when working in tandem with another tire in the dual pair, the purpose is to build in additional reserve capacity should one of the two tires fail, leaving the sole remaining tire to carry the load normally handled by two tires.

Most tire dealers around here will not mount a D rated tire on a truck that has E or F as standard OEM equipments.

Back