LED Lights worth the $$$

most definitely worth the money

Are the LED lights worth the $1180 (I think) they cost as an option on a Lariat Tremor with Ultimate package? I’m interested in only the functional aspect, not the “look”. Thank you.
I wouldnt be happy without mine.

Are the LED lights worth the $1180 (I think) they cost as an option on a Lariat Tremor with Ultimate package? I’m interested in only the functional aspect, not the “look”. Thank you.

I say 120% yes. Night vision deceases as the years add up so brighter is safer and less fatiguing and the LED longevity is far superior to any bulb . The LEDs, at least the Sport Pac. ones seriously light up the road and when used with the fog lights you also light up the side of the road very nicely to avoid Bambi. There is the option of LEDs included in Sport Package so you also get WW liner, OEM spray in bed liner, and all the blacked out or color matched trim for the price.

I am enjoying mine. They should be standard when you pay that much for a truck.

They gave me a one as a loaner while mine was getting leveled. Ford non LED headlights just suck unless you like dull yellow headlights. The LED are definitely worth it

So is the Lariat trim the lowest option to get those quad beams?
The XLT trim would be enough for myself, but I like good vision during night.

So is the Lariat trim the lowest option to get those quad beams?
The XLT trim would be enough for myself, but I like good vision during night.
According to the order guide the quad beam led headlights (option 59Q) requires the Lariat ultimate package (96U). Apparently the Lariat sport package comes with LEDs too.

I actually hate the upgraded lights on most newer Ford trucks, Super Duty's most of all and the Tremor especially since it is taller. At first I would get brighted CONSTANTLY so I aimed them as far down as I thought I could get away with. I still get brighted often and there's nothing I can do about it
Technically, the lights are illegal from the factory because they cast plenty of super bright light in to the eyes of oncoming traffic.

I actually hate the upgraded lights on most newer Ford trucks, Super Duty's most of all and the Tremor especially since it is taller. At first I would get brighted CONSTANTLY so I aimed them as far down as I thought I could get away with. I still get brighted often and there's nothing I can do about it
Technically, the lights are illegal from the factory because they cast plenty of super bright light in to the eyes of oncoming traffic.
They are not illegal from the factory. We use a light meter if we pull someone over suspecting they are. Usually just give a " fix it" ticket if at all. The factory LED's are legal

They are not illegal from the factory. We use a light meter if we pull someone over suspecting they are. Usually just give a " fix it" ticket if at all. The factory LED's are legal
We also check for a DOT or SAE stamp. If either are there, you don't get a ticket. You'll only have an issue with some aftermarket lights

We also check for a DOT or SAE stamp. If either are there, you don't get a ticket. You'll only have an issue with some aftermarket lights
How about aftermarket led bulbs in standard Oem halogen headlamp? Is it different for different states?

How about aftermarket led bulbs in standard Oem halogen headlamp? Is it different for different states?
From what I understand it doesn't differ. We're not mechanics so if we see the DOT or SAE stamp, chances are we aren't gonna break out the lumen meter. My diesel is deleted and tuned. We don't crawl under each one to check out those either. For the most part in my state anyway, you're not gonna be bothered. We're not here for that

From what I understand it doesn't differ. We're not mechanics so if we see the DOT or SAE stamp, chances are we aren't gonna break out the lumen meter. My diesel is deleted and tuned. We don't crawl under each one to check out those either. For the most part in my state anyway, you're not gonna be bothered. We're not here for that
I cant speak for each state or officer. I was just clearing up that the factory LED's are definitely not illegal. Can you imagine the lawsuits ford would get for doing that, as well as Toyota, gmc, dodge. Basically any manufacturer that uses LED

Those are illegal. Halogen lamps are not made to take into account the higher luminosity of LEDs, you blind oncoming traffic and vehicles lower to the ground than yourself. Reflector housings are made for halogen lamps. That's not to say it isn't a good idea for you to increase your own visibility but it is much riskier for other drivers on the road and you can be ticketed. That being said I see many F250s around here that use LEDs in reflector housings and it seems like nobody cares. Police probably have much bigger fish to fry at this time.

Latest Discussions

Back