LED Lights worth the $$$

abqbw

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Are the LED lights worth the $1180 (I think) they cost as an option on a Lariat Tremor with Ultimate package? I’m interested in only the functional aspect, not the “look”. Thank you.

Yukon Bush Tremor

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Tremor
100% Especially if you spend any significant amount of time off the well lit path. Or you could always add an aftermarket light bar. Me personally I made sure I got the LED. I do a lot of gravel and back road driving in long dark days.

OP
A

abqbw

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
For sure! LEDs are better looking, better lighting, better visibility, less heat. How can you go wrong?
100% Especially if you spend any significant amount of time off the well lit path. Or you could always add an aftermarket light bar. Me personally I made sure I got the LED. I do a lot of gravel and back road driving in long dark days.
I spend a ton of time driving on gravel roads driving in the middle of nowhere too. I can’t believe how much they cost! I guess I better suck it up and add them to my build. Placing the order Monday...

Driftwood

First Tremor on Methods!
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
I live down a gravel road. Still worth it.

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Reaction Points
Military
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
I have the halogen...this is the main one thing I wish I had. Will probably upgrade in the future. The halogen aren't terrible but the LED are worth it. If you were to buy stock LED after getting halogen, the cost to upgrade the lights is around 3400$

I believe they're worth the 1100$

Grabber

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2009 GT500 & 2018 E350
Absolutely worth the money. The function and look are amazing.

OP
A

abqbw

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Thank you for the opinions and advice. I’ll add the LEDs to my special order tomorrow.

the_doc

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'20 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
'02 Explorer V8
TFL complains about the halogens on their "super tremor" build, so I made sure I optioned the LEDS. You can't believe everything on YouTube, but those guys seems to have decent opinions.

[Edit: can for can't, typo]

Last edited:

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
I think they are definitely worth the extra money. If you wait and try and upgrade later it's going to cost you quite a bit more than the $1100 Ford charges. I really think this should be standard on a Lariat - nearly $75,000 truck.

TrackRat

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT350
Looks like its tough to get the LEDs with the Lariat Sport Package (black out). When I try to build it on the site it keeps reverting me back to chrome front end

the_doc

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'20 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
'02 Explorer V8
Looks like its tough to get the LEDs with the Lariat Sport Package (black out). When I try to build it on the site it keeps reverting me back to chrome front end

LEDs come with the sport package, they are smoked LEDs, so when you try to add the regular LEDS as a separate item its takes the sport package off. Rest assured the sport package for 2020 does come with LED headlights

OP
A

abqbw

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
I saw a video the other day with a sales manager going over the packages. He pointed out what you said, with the sport/blackout the LEDs are not available.

the_doc

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'20 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
'02 Explorer V8
I saw a video the other day with a sales manager going over the packages. He pointed out what you said, with the sport/blackout the LEDs are not available.

Misinformation. It’s frustrating how much bad info is out there

abill

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Oil Burning 2020 F-250 TREMOR
Current Ride #2
2018 Wrangler JL
If you were to compare the costs to upgrade them they will definitely will not pay for themselves. You have to drive the truck for 5 years plus in order for it to make any financial sense.

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just had to. I like the look of the LED's any they are fairly decent on light output...

But unless you do a lot of night time driving they aren't worth it during the day light hours..
:sneaky: oops, sorry I did it again.

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
If you were to compare the costs to upgrade them they will definitely will not pay for themselves. You have to drive the truck for 5 years plus in order for it to make any financial sense.

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just had to. I like the look of the LED's any they are fairly decent on light output...

But unless you do a lot of night time driving they aren't worth it during the day light hours..
:sneaky: oops, sorry I did it again.

haha, now that has to win funniest post of the month! I nearly spit out my drink when I read that. ? ?

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
Yep. Sorry to spread it. I saw someone else’s post here and looked at the ordering guide after I posted....

Don't worry about it! We are all learning about this new truck, options, configurations, and there are a ton of 'em!

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge