LED Headlight Plastic Issue

Update... both of the headlights were replaced under warranty yesterday without any issue. Still have lots of warranty left but hopefully this set will not peel like the first ones did. My old ones never fogged up, hoping these do not either. There is a SD with the LED headlights that I see parked at the gym all the time, his headlights are regularly fogged up.

mine is doing the same thing; dealer is taking care of it under warranty
update here: mine were replaced under warranty with no issues other than being on back order for two weeks, Good dealer experience.

I’m having the same issue with my headlights peeling but my Ford dealership says they haven’t seen it before and it’s not under warranty. Guy said he thought it was some kind of tree sap. Wtf?

I’m having the same issue with my headlights peeling but my Ford dealership says they haven’t seen it before and it’s not under warranty. Guy said he thought it was some kind of tree sap. Wtf?
Are you still under your 3/36?

Not under warranty as in you are outside of the b to b warranty? While not super common it happens, happened on some of the previous gen headlights too. It would be covered under the 3yr/36k warranty but it requires the dealer to take good photos and give a good description of the failure when submitting the warranty approval request.

They replaced both mine under warranty no questions asked. Said it was common at my dealer. But I think he did say it had to be under the 12/12000 b2b

They replaced both mine under warranty no questions asked. Said it was common at my dealer. But I think he did say it had to be under the 12/12000 b2b
Earlier in this thread you posted about your headlights fogging up, not peeling like the others are talking about. Were yours replaced for the clear peeling, or was it for excessive fogging?

The clear coat failure is covered by the 3yr/36k mile warranty. Fogging beyond what is considered normal or acceptable I don't know, but I would expect the same peeiod of coverage.

I was past 12/12 when mine happened, but within 3/36. No problem, they replaced them both.

Just had mine replaced at just over 2 years for the peeling. Plus the recalls.

Both of my 2020 trucks did this, both were replaced under the 3/36 warranty. One at 34k and the other at 22k. The first set replaced are doing it again now that I’m far outside the warranty at 90k. The replacement parts warranty is 12 months so I’m on my own. Ford ESP doesn’t cover this issue either.

Mine are fine so far - and I am wondering what I can put on them to protect them. Maybe some sort of UV protectant.

Both of my 2020 trucks did this, both were replaced under the 3/36 warranty. One at 34k and the other at 22k. The first set replaced are doing it again now that I’m far outside the warranty at 90k. The replacement parts warranty is 12 months so I’m on my own. Ford ESP doesn’t cover this issue either.
ESP doesn't cover it even with the lighting add on? That's disappointing.

same issue on my '20. Was replaced under warranty

Correct, and very disappointing. What sucked even more was being out of the parts warranty by 41 days when I took it in for the lights!
Is this happening on the BAP or standard LED’s as well?

Back