Lack of heat in driver's side footwell...I think I have come up with a solution!

Seems that everyone who used 3M tape came unglued during the summer months, myself included.
Can confirm, my is almost falling off as well. Was worth a shot!

FWIW - Mine is holding strong with VHB. This same tape holds solar panels to the roof of our Airstream. It was originally developed to bond panels to the frames of ambulances. If properly prepped, it won't go anywhere. Note, this isn't the cheap double sided 3M tape which will absolutely fail.

Unknown if the alien tape would have held or not through the summer, the tech removed it when my truck was flooded with rain water and they needed to dry out the floor. I need to remount it soon though. :)

The few months we have had this installed have been GLORIOUS. Great design. We opted for VHB instead of the rivets. So far so good. Great customer service as well.

FWIW - Mine is holding strong with VHB. This same tape holds solar panels to the roof of our Airstream. It was originally developed to bond panels to the frames of ambulances. If properly prepped, it won't go anywhere. Note, this isn't the cheap double sided 3M tape which will absolutely fail.
Interesting. Mine was definitely VHB. Don’t think I cleaned with alcohol, though. Was pretty clean (no visible dirt, for example, and extremely unlikely to have grease there). But guess it wasn’t clean enough?

I used Gorilla Tape (2 sided) and mine has held up all summer no problem here in Missouri. I look forward to this winter when I can really get to see how well it works

Interesting. Mine was definitely VHB. Don’t think I cleaned with alcohol, though. Was pretty clean (no visible dirt, for example, and extremely unlikely to have grease there). But guess it wasn’t clean enough?
The first time I tried to mount it without wiping the area with some alcohol it didn't stick well at all. I have no idea if it came off easily or not for the tech when he was working on my truck, all I know is it was sitting on the center console when I picked it up.

Looks like a great product for pre 23 trucks. I looked in the driver's foot well and Ford has addressed the venting angle...

DA

Attachments

• 20231004_171620.jpg
    20231004_171620.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20231004_171554.jpg
    20231004_171554.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 101
I used VHB and cleaned with alcohol... mine still fell off.

Cant speak necessarily to this application as mine has only been installed for a few months, but we have used VHB extensively with our sprinter vans (we purchased roles in 100' increments) and the alcohol prep was mandatory to a successful installation AND you had to be very congnizant of ambient temperatures. I cant recall the technical specs, but if it was any colder than 60*F we would hold off unit it was warmer. Not sure if this is helpful or not but figured Id share.

I would like to purchase one of these !! It's starting to get cold

Thanks to all the members who have ordered and given me great feedback. I am glad I have been able to come up with something that actually helps. It is getting ridiculously cold here again...I am all caught up on orders and stocked on materials. If anyone else is interested feel free to PM me and I can get these knocked out pretty quick.

Also, you all have so much experience with this platform and I love how much everyone on here USES their trucks. If you have any issues or wants that you think 3d printing might work for, reach out to me and we will see if we can come up with a solution. Thanks guys.

Well I am here in GA, the weather is more emotional than the average teenager. It was 80s over the past week and I had this installed and this thing works in both directions with the auto climate directing everything as I rec'd cold toes and this morning it was 30° outside and had both feet pleasantly and almost equally warm. 10/10.

Any way we can get something like this for the passenger side? Is it even necessary? Wife complains and usually puts both feet over to one side after i asked her and she started paying attention.

Well I am here in GA, the weather is more emotional than the average teenager. It was 80s over the past week and I had this installed and this thing works in both directions with the auto climate directing everything as I rec'd cold toes and this morning it was 30° outside and had both feet pleasantly and almost equally warm. 10/10.

Any way we can get something like this for the passenger side? Is it even necessary? Wife complains and usually puts both feet over to one side after i asked her and she started paying attention.
I have had a few people asking about passenger side lately...I will do some testing and see what I can come up with. Shouldn't be too hard. I will update this thread when I have something. Thanks for the feedback!

@gord1895 Hi there, I don't think I can PM you yet, maybe because I am a new member. Is it possible for you to PM me? I am interested in purchasing one of these for my F350. Thank you!!

@gord1895 Hi there, I don't think I can PM you yet, maybe because I am a new member. Is it possible for you to PM me? I am interested in purchasing one of these for my F350. Thank you!!
I sent you a message to your profile on here. Hopefully you got it, if not my email is [email protected]. Feel free to reach out.

It's so funny - I took mine off while doing my HAM radio install (mainly because I caught so much garbage for the wide 3M tape I used ;) ) and now I need to put it back on. I am going to use black screws - because this should have been OEM and no one will ever want to take it off!

Back