Lack of heat in driver's side footwell...I think I have come up with a solution!

Hmmm, dont know how I missed this thread, but since all the "cool kids" are getting one, I am experiencing FOMO, so DM sent!

also, @Vermonster

scissors.gif

Last edited:
I go away busy with work and training for a few weeks and I nearly missed this.

Back in December of 2019 I made a little kydex diverter for my 19 F150 and don’t know where I put it when I traded the truck and I’ve been missing it.

This looks worlds better than what I had and can’t wait to try it out.

I go away busy with work and training for a few weeks and I nearly missed this.

Back in December of 2019 I made a little kydex diverter for my 19 F150 and don’t know where I put it when I traded the truck and I’ve been missing it.

This looks worlds better than what I had and can’t wait to try it out.
You can't blink around here, you'll get left behind! 😁

The usps machine is churning mine right now in the distribution center for a few days, happens sometimes (I ship plenty of things) but always annoying when it does, it’s like waiting at the bowling alley wondering when your ball is gonna get spit out after taking an abnormal amount of time. :p

Installed mine today...

I took a few videos to show the impact. All are with the footwell blower on high. Yes the second video has the blower on, but there is basically no airflow down there:

Before:

The largest difference I see is in the floor tell-tale... There is now airflow coming down the floormat essentially where there was zero before. Since heat will rise this will provide a more uniform distribution through the foot well.

Great job @gord1895 !!

After:

That is a great visual representation. I can honestly say when I started this, I knew it felt better but that is hard to convey and convince people of. When I took the temp readings and made the chart though I had to redo the test multiple times because I couldnt believe how obvious the difference was. I would love to know if this was a huge oversight by Ford or if they really thought they had reasoning for this. Either way I am just glad I dont have to fight it anymore.

Received my diverter yesterday. I stuck it on with 3M VHB double sided tape and went for a 40 min drive last evening, 32*F ambient, high temp heat setting and blower on level 7, and the diverter works great. No more cold feet. If the 3M tape does not last, will rivet on. Thanks to @gord1895 for figuring out a cost effective solution.

Attachments

• 69940876083__8EAC2AC5-1165-4AEA-9A7E-22A4850084F9.jpeg
    69940876083__8EAC2AC5-1165-4AEA-9A7E-22A4850084F9.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 37
You guys got lucky, my footwell panel was tweaked, so the gord1895 Fluxheater did not sit flush to just use tape. I had to put in 4 self tapping screws and the top one by the firewall was a PIA.

You guys got lucky, my footwell panel was tweaked, so the gord1895 Fluxheater did not sit flush to just use tape. I had to put in 4 self tapping screws and the top one by the firewall was a PIA.
I installed mine this morning, it was also tweaked but I used alien tape and reached to the back to press the panel into the diverter and it seemed to stick well after that. Note I did need to wipe the plastic with alcohol before it'd stick well. It was cold out and I tried just sticking it on first thing in the morning and it didn't want to grip well till I went and got some denatured alcohol and wiped the plastic first.

I installed mine this morning, it was also tweaked but I used alien tape and reached to the back to press the panel into the diverter and it seemed to stick well after that. Note I did need to wipe the plastic with alcohol before it'd stick well. It was cold out and I tried just sticking it on first thing in the morning and it didn't want to grip well till I went and got some denatured alcohol and wiped the plastic first.
I did the same thing with mine and it's still stuck tight. Pretty impressed with the alien tape. But the alcohol is important.

I had to remove the screw that holds the panel in place so it sits flat and then clamp the vent shroud in place for the tape to set overnight. Then reattach the screw. Seems pretty secure now.

My only complaint is I occasionally tap the vent with the side of my foot now. I'm sure I'll get used to a different position for my foot. The warm air is worth that small sacrifice.

Nice work, Gord!

This piece makes a night and day difference. I actually notice my feet are warm now rather than noticing they are cold.

The panel is definitely easier to remove and do the work. I dont know how any of you can contort up under there lol. The tweaked panel issue was the main reason I went down the rivet path. Sucks everything together very nicely and the aluminum rivets are easy to remove for whatever reason. Glad every one is seeing good results. I just got my truck back from the dealer after far too long. I feel the feet heat is better than all my other cars now haha. Thanks again everyone!

Back