Kill switch for all lights.

Just catching up but it probably doesn't prevent the radio/dash screen from illuminating?
Mine is a 22 so this is how I’ve got mine setup.

With FORscan you need to enable center stack controls and silent mode. You then get a button in the settings to switch silent mode on and off. I think this only works on 22s with sync 4 and is the same as dark mode. The difference being dark mode can only be switched on and off by FORscan change versus silent mode being able to be switched on and off in the sync settings menu.

With silent mode enabled you will get no interior dome lights or exterior mirror lights/etc. when opening a door or pressing lock/unlock on the key fob.

I believe headlights/parking lights can be keeped off by switching from auto to the off position.

To turn the sync display on/off there is a button next to the tune knob and I also believe it can be turned off in the settings menu.

When driving with night vision I think you will still have to deal with a couple things.

I don’t remember exactly what all will be on but I believe you will still have the illumination on the dash. The blue lights on the gauge needles and the LEDs that illuminate the buttons and maybe the screen in the gauge cluster.

You will also have to deal with the brake light illumination that will reflect in the mirrors.

I just do the quick and easy cover the dash with a towel or something and the brake light glare doesn’t seem to bother me too much.

That's correct. Just the interior flood lights. The dash and nav screen still illuminate. As far as I know, the only option for those is adjusting the brightness all the way down, but on new trucks, that's not very dim. My old Chevy would dim to nothing.
Are you aware the screen turns off completely?

Mine is a 22 so this is how I’ve got mine setup.

With FORscan you need to enable center stack controls and silent mode. You then get a button in the settings to switch silent mode on and off. I think this only works on 22s with sync 4 and is the same as dark mode. The difference being dark mode can only be switched on and off by FORscan change versus silent mode being able to be switched on and off in the sync settings menu.

With silent mode enabled you will get no interior dome lights or exterior mirror lights/etc. when opening a door or pressing lock/unlock on the key fob.

I believe headlights/parking lights can be keeped off by switching from auto to the off position.

To turn the sync display on/off there is a button next to the tune knob and I also believe it can be turned off in the settings menu.

When driving with night vision I think you will still have to deal with a couple things.

I don’t remember exactly what all will be on but I believe you will still have the illumination on the dash. The blue lights on the gauge needles and the LEDs that illuminate the buttons and maybe the screen in the gauge cluster.

You will also have to deal with the brake light illumination that will reflect in the mirrors.

I just do the quick and easy cover the dash with a towel or something and the brake light glare doesn’t seem to bother me too much.
Mind if I inquire how you enabled center stack controls? I’m trying to setup exactly what you did and new to forscan.

I think they removed center stack setting from the APIM sadly

I think they removed center stack setting from the APIM sadly
So are you saying the ‘22s with sync 4 can’t enable center stack in forscan? I turned that option on just a few minutes ago but saw no changes anywhere.

So are you saying the ‘22s with sync 4 can’t enable center stack in forscan? I turned that option on just a few minutes ago but saw no changes anywhere.
I was unable to find center stack in APIM as there was no option showing this function. I am hoping it was user error, because I'd love to have this enabled prior to my bull elk hunt

If I remember correctly it took a few key cycles before the Silent Mode menu showed up on my truck. I remember thinking it didn’t work and then the next day it was there.

Did you also enable Silent Mode? I haven‘t noticed any other changes with Centerstack Settings enabled but Silent Mode turned off.

I throw a rag over the center stack, and turn the panel brightness all the way down. As long as you don't have old green phosphor junk, it should be fine. My RNVGs with auto gain do just fine.

I have noticed issues with Centerstack Settings enabled and the Pro Trailer Backup System and ended up turning it back off. I could not get through the trailer setup in the Pro Trailer Backup system with Centerstack Settings enabled.

Curious if anyone else that has Centerstack Settings and Silent Mode enabled has issues with Pro Trailer Backup.

I can’t find center stack option, so will gladly take some assistance.

Back