It's here! 11 days early. Toms build thread.

Crazy snow up on the mountain today. Crazy for Vegas anyways. 17 inches or so officially and still dumping when I left at sunset. 30+++ recoveries/assists SNORR completed. NHP, Metro, Forest Service, the ski lodge, etc all loving us helping out.

Screenshot_20210125-202242_Facebook.jpg

20210125_161225.jpg

20210125_163131.jpg

20210125_165936.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
Crazy snow up on the mountain today. Crazy for Vegas anyways. 17 inches or so officially and still dumping when I left at sunset. 30+++ recoveries/assists SNORR completed. NHP, Metro, Forest Service, the ski lodge, etc all loving us helping out.

View attachment 15281

View attachment 15282

View attachment 15283

View attachment 15284

Tom

Very nice! I'm in Vegas too and just joined your facebook group. One day when my Tremor shows up in my driveway I'd like to volunteer to help too. Great job and great pics!

Hey Tom, do y’all carry any extra kind of insurance or have any kind or legal form for when you do recoveries? In today’s world, I would be worried about someone coming after you if they damaged their vehicles.

Hey Tom, do y’all carry any extra kind of insurance or have any kind or legal form for when you do recoveries? In today’s world, I would be worried about someone coming after you if they damaged their vehicles.
Looks like they require this waiver to be signed before actively recovering.

They've looked into it. Incredibly expensive for insurance. Out of reach expensive. We do have waivers/forms, have done video interviews with commentary your not going hold us liable, etc type of stuff. In the end I'm sure any competent lawyer would destroy. It's a be careful hobby for sure.

Tom

Thanks! I pulled someone out of a ditch over the weekend. Combination of bald tires and a wet road. It was easy and straight forward, but got me thinking about the liability of it if something was broken on their car.

I’ve been watching Matt’s off-road on YouTube and seen lots of plastic get pulled off of cars during recoveries. Growing up in the snow, it was semi-normal to either need to get pulled out, or pulling another driver out of a snow bank or ditch. 25 years ago, not only were the cars more robust, but people were much different also. Nobody would have ever thought about suing the farmer that helped them out.

Very nice! I'm in Vegas too and just joined your facebook group. One day when my Tremor shows up in my driveway I'd like to volunteer to help too. Great job and great pics!
Awesome! There's 4 Tremors now that are part of SNORR. And I know one other from work that has done a couple trail runs with me to learn his trucks capabilities but not part of SNORR.

I didn't get into it for the recovery aspect. It was back thinking what If I break down or need help way out yonder alone. What to do... What many members are there for. In case. There's <50 active in the recovery side verse the thousands of members.

I sold my fishing boat earlier this year since the daughter's are no longer into 0300 alarms and being alone out there is no longer fun. Shooting is out right now due to the great primer shortage of the 21st century. So this went from being a member in case to being more active as a replacement hobby.

Tom

Kept busy today. My boss got a new Chivy Trail Boss and wanted to go somewhere. So hit the mountain. One lap he was good to go and headed out so I rolled into SNORR Snow Patrol mode since it was worse than I was thinking it was going to be. Got ahold of a couple of the guys in town on the radio and had a fun afternoon.

There was maaaaany more. Just some pics a buddy took from his diesel Tremor.

received_2871707909816353.jpeg

received_473144593857651.jpeg

This one with few connection points I had her just stand on the brakes and grabbed it by the tire rim and slid her out. So slippery. Slid right on out into the road without touching the gas.

received_2740971656170083.jpeg

received_831828130730702.jpeg

received_4249332495077471.jpeg

received_110653147583464.jpeg

received_207086117832446.jpeg

Tom

Did these about a month ago. Love them with the boat! Rigid D-Series Pro w/flood beam.

View attachment 1714

View attachment 1716

View attachment 1717

Just did these this afternoon. Sitting here waiting for darkness so I can run out and test them... Mount still needs a little work to be dialed. Baby steps. Rigid D-SS Pro (side shooter's) w/spot main beam.

View attachment 1720

View attachment 1719
Nice truck! I love the led lights you have, looks totally awesome!!

I have the '21 F-350 XLT 6.7 Tremor on the way. I will immediately upgrade from the halogen lights. Will the Rigid D-Series Pro w/flood beam fit as a direct replacement for the stock oem fog lights (XLT version)? Any special in-line fuse or wiring harness required?
I plan to also replace the oem quad halogen headlights with a creed hid kit, creed LED reverse/license plate bulbs.

Nice truck! I love the led lights you have, looks totally awesome!!

I have the '21 F-350 XLT 6.7 Tremor on the way. I will immediately upgrade from the halogen lights. Will the Rigid D-Series Pro w/flood beam fit as a direct replacement for the stock oem fog lights (XLT version)? Any special in-line fuse or wiring harness required?
I plan to also replace the oem quad halogen headlights with a creed hid kit, creed LED reverse/license plate bulbs.
One could do a flush mount version of those lights in that spot or look at the Baja Designs setup. They make a drop in light kit and brackets that fits in the stock fog light pocket area. Just search for the Baja Designs here in these forums if interested. Wiring wise just a matter of getting wires to the upfitters. They are fused and relayed. If no upfitter most of the Rigid light kits come with a harness.

Tom

Forgot about the rear bumper. Just noticed it on the last snow post pictures.

Anyways back in late December a buddies F150 decided it didn't want to stop on ice. A really slippery parking lot with a slight down hill angle we were just pulling out of. I could hear him swearing out his open windows left and right like a proper sailor. Not much I could do with a jeep a couple lengths ahead of me stopped also. I goosed it just before impact to help lighten the impact. He was only doing a couple mph at best. Luckily the pre-runner bar on his custom bumper hit dead center on the right side rear bumper so no tailgate or body damage. A couple hundred dollar piece plus paint was estimated on our side. So he tossed me some change at the end of the day to cover what we figured was half. It was truly an accident. (That parking lot up on the mountain is no longer open. Soooo slippery in there. )

So me being me no reason for stock. 15% sale and free shipping happening until the end of the year from Chassis Unlimited. So hit the order button. A little over 3 weeks to get built and shipped to Vegas.

It's crazy how many brackets, nuts, bolts and stuff there is in the oem bumper compared to a nice solid bumper. Bumper, a couple nuts/ bolts and 2 brackets. Done.

You can see the small crease in it and out of whack plastic fitment.

20210126_075524~2.jpg

Then the new stuff. (You just have to laugh at all of the fragile stickers ? Steel bumper...)

20210126_100638.jpg

20210126_152413.jpg

20210126_152424.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
So wanting to reclaim a upfitter for another use I pulled all the wiring to it from my ARB compressor in the bed and rewired it so I can power it from the bed. (Really overkill powering a solenoid with a 25amp fuse/relay anyways.) I found a killer place to mount a switch that involved zero tools. A preexisting hole!

So now I could accidently leave it on since it is now a hot switch verse ignition controlled but not too concerned. I have a solid habit of turning it off then letting the remaining air out of the lines and system before putting the hoses, etc away.

I just pulled the tail lamp to help some with running the wires inside that area then into the fender, across the wheel well then up and through a hole in the same area in the front of the bed where the compressor is at. A little power taping here and there and done.

20210204_101150.jpg

20210204_101424.jpg

20210204_101201.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
So wanting to reclaim a upfitter for another use I pulled all the wiring to it from my ARB compressor in the bed and rewired it so I can power it from the bed. (Really overkill powering a solenoid with a 30amp relay anyways.) I found a killer place to mount a switch that involved zero tools. A preexisting hole!

So now I could accidently leave it on since it is now a hot switch verse ignition controlled but not too concerned. I have a solid habit of turning it off then letting the remaining air out of the lines and system before putting the hoses, etc away.

I just pulled the tail lamp to help some with running the wires inside that area then into the fender, across the wheel well then up and through a hole in the same area in the front of the bed where the compressor is at. A little power taping here and there and done.

View attachment 16267
View attachment 16268

View attachment 16269

Tom
Living the dream of many on here. GOD BLESS YOU TOM. I love all the mods absolutely Awesome Sauce. ??????????

So wanting to reclaim a upfitter for another use I pulled all the wiring to it from my ARB compressor in the bed and rewired it so I can power it from the bed. (Really overkill powering a solenoid with a 30amp relay anyways.) I found a killer place to mount a switch that involved zero tools. A preexisting hole!

View attachment 16267
View attachment 16268

View attachment 16269

Tom
Hey Tom,
I’m here in northwest vegas as well, same dealership. Would love to connect when my truck comes in and check out your molle set-up and ARB setup. Debating between molle panels, or a Leitner rack and decked boxes with the bed.
-brett

Hey Tom,
I’m here in northwest vegas as well, same dealership. Would love to connect when my truck comes in and check out your molle set-up and ARB setup. Debating between molle panels, or a Leitner rack and decked boxes with the bed.
-brett
Would love to. I'm usually free Friday- Sunday.

Tom

So this happened today. These gentlemen from Vegas got themselves into a little mess last night up in Utah just off Warm Creek Bay Lake Powell. Just hundreds of yards away from their planned camping spot. They hiked ~5 miles to get cell service and after not a lot of luck that didn't involve thousand/s of $$ nearby they hit up the SNORR, Southern Nevada Off Road Recovery FB page. Not ones to leave anyone stranded we accepted and embraced the challenge leaving the house at 0330 this morning and getting back home at 1700. 552 miles covered, which many of I have never been on. Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Arizona and finally back into Utah again then reversed. Beautiful scenery everywhere as this drive skirts Zion National Forest. What a great day!

The Raptor was an easy pull but the thick gooey mud wasn't about to give up the Jeep Gladiator without a struggle. Eventually both made it to solid ground. The winches got a serious workout today.

I've never ever encountered mud like this... The videos below do not lie!

We first checked it out from this side but 200ft or so of goo to solid ground. From the Raptor side it was solid right up to a truck length or two from the Raptor.

20210213_094726.jpg

So I'm in the back. Heavy weights last just in case. (Send in the Jeeps and Toyota's first!!! The Guinea pigs ?) I anchored the Jeep winching. The Tacoma took 50% of the pull weight since we rigged the lines using a snatch block to double the pulling power with the end of that line going to the Tacoma.

20210213_103445.jpg

Both of them had roof top tents for the night.

20210213_105532.jpg

20210213_105650.jpg

20210213_114032.jpg

20210213_114747.jpg

20210213_120311.jpg

20210213_114802.jpg

20210213_114755.jpg

20210213_120016.jpg

20210213_122251.jpg

20210213_124055.jpg

20210213_124203.jpg

Airing up it started to dump. Close call on timing! The weather guesser predictions for this area was spot on.

20210213_124722.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
So this happened today. These gentlemen from Vegas got themselves into a little mess last night up in Utah just off Warm Creek Bay Lake Powell. Just hundreds of yards away from their planned camping spot. They hiked 5 miles to get cell service and after not a lot of luck nearby they hit up the SNORR, Southern Nevada Off Road Recovery FB page. Not ones to leave anyone stranded we accepted and embraced the challenge leaving the house at 0330 this morning and getting back home at 1700. 552 miles covered, which many of I have never been on. Beautiful scenery everywhere as this drive skirts Zion National Forest. What a great day!

The Raptor was an easy pull but the thick gooey mud wasn't about to give up the Jeep Gladiator without a struggle. Eventually both made it to solid ground. The winches got a serious workout today.

I've never ever encountered mud like this...

We first checked it out from this side but 200ft or so of goo to solid ground. From the Raptor side it was solid right up to a truck length or two from the Raptor.

View attachment 17067

So I'm in the back. Heavy weights last just in case. (Send in the Jeeps and Toyota's first!!! The Guinea pigs ?) I anchored the Jeep winching. The Tacoma took 50% off the pull weight since we rigged the lines using a snatch block to double the pulling power with the end of that line going to the Tacoma.

View attachment 17068

Both of them had roof to tents for the night.

View attachment 17069

View attachment 17070

View attachment 17071

View attachment 17072

View attachment 17073

View attachment 17074

View attachment 17075

View attachment 17076

View attachment 17077

View attachment 17078

View attachment 17079

Airing up it started to dump. Close call on timing! The weather guesser predictions for this area was spot on.

View attachment 17080

Tom

Strong work SNORR!!

So this happened today. These gentlemen from Vegas got themselves into a little mess last night up in Utah just off Warm Creek Bay Lake Powell. Just hundreds of yards away from their planned camping spot. They hiked ~5 miles to get cell service and after not a lot of luck that didn't involve thousand/s of $$ nearby they hit up the SNORR, Southern Nevada Off Road Recovery FB page. Not ones to leave anyone stranded we accepted and embraced the challenge leaving the house at 0330 this morning and getting back home at 1700. 552 miles covered, which many of I have never been on. Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Arizona and finally back into Utah again then reversed. Beautiful scenery everywhere as this drive skirts Zion National Forest. What a great day!

I've never ever encountered mud like this... The videos below do not lie!

View attachment 17067

So I'm in the back. Heavy weights last just in case. (Send in the Jeeps and Toyota's first!!! The Guinea pigs ?) I anchored the Jeep winching. The Tacoma took 50% of the pull weight since we rigged the lines using a snatch block to double the pulling power with the end of that line going to the Tacoma.

View attachment 17068

Both of them had roof top tents for the night.

View attachment 17069

View attachment 17070

View attachment 17071

View attachment 17072

View attachment 17073

View attachment 17074

View attachment 17075

View attachment 17076

View attachment 17077

View attachment 17078

View attachment 17079

View attachment 17080

Tom
Tom, As usual Hats off to you and your your crew. Doing GODS work helping out those in need GOD BLESS YOU ALL BROTHER MAN. Very impressive stuff. ? ? ? ???:cool:

Latest Discussions

Back