Identifying Wires/Dead end plugs

OmahaBravo

Burt Gummer
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3L BAP
I found two plugs in my engine compartment so far that dead-end. Since Alldatadiy doesnt have my truck yet... i'm stuck on where to look for this information.

The first plug is on the passenger side and is just below the battery/upfitter stuff right next to the airbox. The arrow in the photo is pointing to where its at. Its not very noticeable in the pic but the wires you can see... the come together in one loom. Part of that loom goes along the bottom of the battery tray. This connector is BENEATH that set of wires.
The second plug is on the driver side wheel well. See photos below.

pass side.jpg

driver side.jpg

I have the PowerStroke, which I’m sure uses a different engine compartment harness, but in general, one primary harness is used on the assembly line that covers all plugs for optional items as well.
Those plugs are probably for options that your truck doesn’t have or they are plugs for technicians to access certain systems for updating or diagnosing? I’ll pop my hood and take a look and see.

I figured this to be the case (options i dont have)... i just havent figured out what yet. I'm not finding near as much electrical information for this pickup as I had for my 07 LMM. The GM bodybuilders contained a lot more than the Ford ones i've looked at thusfar.

And theres nothing for this truck on Alldatadiy.

I found the plug on the drivers fender. It’s located to the rear of the battery and it is used. All I can tell is that it goes towards the direction of the firewall.

Unfortunately, re: the other plug on the passenger side, the battery cables for the winch block the view of where those wires go down and towards the front. I couldn’t make out the plug or if it is connected.

Sorry, I’m not physically able to climb underneath to see where either of these go.

For reference. I have the Lariat Ultimate pkg and most other options. Maybe they involve wiring for those extra items?

Sorry I wasn’t much help. I hope you get the info that you are looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_9050.png
    IMG_9050.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9049.png
    IMG_9049.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9048.png
    IMG_9048.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9046.png
    IMG_9046.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
I figured this to be the case (options i dont have)... i just havent figured out what yet. I'm not finding near as much electrical information for this pickup as I had for my 07 LMM. The GM bodybuilders contained a lot more than the Ford ones i've looked at thusfar.

And theres nothing for this truck on Alldatadiy.

I’ve read in threads here that members have invested in the factory wiring diagram books/DVD’s and they sound very informative for locating and identifying the wiring.

Hopefully someone with one of those DVD’s/shop manuals can help you out. 👍

If you need help and don't want to invest in the manuals, you could try hitting up PTT w/Arod. A few bucks for a moment of his time and he can figure all this out in FDRS I believe.

Motorcrafts website eventually brings you to:

They typically offer paper and cd versions. My only experience with manuals is unfortunately with the paperback workshop manuals.

Both published by Helm. They have been top notch for my needs.

20240502_204834.jpg

Since they have caps in them they are intended to be that way. Likely for options your truck doesn't have. Ford doesn't make a different harness for every spec of truck. I wouldn't worry much about them.

Since they have caps in them they are intended to be that way. Likely for options your truck doesn't have. Ford doesn't make a different harness for every spec of truck. I wouldn't worry much about them.
100% agree with ya mattdm. I'm not concerned at all. In fact, my curiosity is based on if i know what they do/wires theyhave... i can buy the mating connector and utilize stock wiring for some aftermarket/diy function... if/when i have that need/desire.

Both published by Helm. They have been top notch for my needs.

View attachment 154694
It should be noted that... i got on amazon and looked one up for my 2022. While it was pricey... it was cheaper than anywhere else. I bought it b/c they had one in stock. After i bought it... price jump $60 (to the same price i was seeing elsewhere).
Thanks for posting. Probably wouldnt have went looking and thus saved some $$ b/c of you.

thanks

Back