I think my truck is trying to kill me.

Why is there a TSB on this then?

Why is there a TSB on this then?
Did you actually go and read the TSB to understand what the issue is? Same as we just mentioned above. Get in front of it, do the same check as @James Bombed mentioned above.

“This water/moisture intrusion may be related to the BJB cover not installed completely or broken cover tabs/locking fingers allowing water/moisture into the BJB. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to inspect for water/moisture intrusion into the BJB and replace the BJB if water/moisture intrusion is found.”

Ha. This has happened to me. In fact, I caught it on my dash cam 3-4 times. Ford has basically said it doesn't exist. Do you want to know the worst part...in order to stop the engine acceleration you have to release the brake. It's the last thing you feel like doing when your engine is revving up while you're 6' behind the vehicle in front of you with the brake pedal pressed! You can't push hard enough. I bought a dashcam b/c of it. If I happen to hit something when it does this I want it to be recorded. I have 22,000 miles on my 2021 Tremor 6.7 and it's probably happened 6-7 times. I am almost used to it by now. I at least know how to handle it.
So depress the brake and then press the brake to slow down as to not hit someone? Or depress the brake and shift into p and pray,

Did you actually go and read the TSB to understand what the issue is? Same as we just mentioned above. Get in front of it, do the same check as @James Bombed mentioned above.

“This water/moisture intrusion may be related to the BJB cover not installed completely or broken cover tabs/locking fingers allowing water/moisture into the BJB. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to inspect for water/moisture intrusion into the BJB and replace the BJB if water/moisture intrusion is found.”
In the video I watched, the Ford tech removed the underhood fuse panel and replaced it with a new one. Apparently water had worked its way down through the fuse box and into the wiring harness connectors below it as well. He dried the connectors out and applied a liberal dose of dielectric grease to them. Problem solved.

My 21' Tremor is my 4th new Super Duty since 17'. I've learned the first service needs to include replacing the Ft Brake Pads ( I hate excessive brake dust ) Greasing the Ft Axle U Joints ( don't assume they're properly greased ) Then applying Die Electric Grease to all the Electrical Plugs that surround the Spare Tire. I then seal them up by wrapping all the plugs with Water-proof Rubber Tape.

My 21' Tremor is my 4th new Super Duty since 17'. I've learned the first service needs to include replacing the Ft Brake Pads ( I hate excessive brake dust ) Greasing the Ft Axle U Joints ( don't assume they're properly greased ) Then applying Die Electric Grease to all the Electrical Plugs that surround the Spare Tire. I then seal them up by wrapping all the plugs with Water-proof Rubber Tape.
Thanks for the tip on the front axle U-joints. I haven't heard of this being an issue, but I am down with any improvements that I don't need to drop a ****ton of coin on.

Good grief. This is borderline insanity that anyone has to experience this. And we paid how much for these trucks with all their “advancements?” Maybe a class-action suit for a billion or so might get Ford’s attention? Maybe fire and replace the folks who designed this configuration? I don’t know. I’m willing to put up with some stuff on a new SD but this is reading like a cheap horror movie! I hope everyone affected keeps the rest of us in the know. Thanks. And please stay safe if you’re able to!

This sounds similar to the problem I had with my 2006 F-150 where water intrusion into the IWE solenoid and vacuum lines (mounted on the passenger firewall ) caused 4WD to malfunction.

Good grief. This is borderline insanity that anyone has to experience this. And we paid how much for these trucks with all their “advancements?” Maybe a class-action suit for a billion or so might get Ford’s attention? Maybe fire and replace the folks who designed this configuration? I don’t know. I’m willing to put up with some stuff on a new SD but this is reading like a cheap horror movie! I hope everyone affected keeps the rest of us in the know. Thanks. And please stay safe if you’re able to!
Shit, the Super Duty's problems are minimal compared to when I worked at my families GM and Chrysler Dealerships. Try explaining to new Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Buick and Chevrolet owners that their brand new 5.7 Diesel cars were a pile of shit and they were pretty much stuck with them. After these customers traded-in their Diesels, they bought new Cadillacs powered by the 4-6-8 .. :eek: .. It gets better, the same poor Cadillac loyalist then traded for the Cadillacs with the HT4100 .. 😥 .. such a shame. After GM introduced the 700R4 transmission, their Dealers were forbidden to sale these vehicles until GM could determine how fix its problems. Many of these car and trucks were actually shipped to the dealers broken, barely able to get off the trains and trucks.
Or, I can start talking about the K car and Chryslers Lean Burn systems .. 😂 ..

I stand corrected with expanded perspective! Thanks. I do remember the K and X cars. American ingenuity they weren’t.

So depress the brake and then press the brake to slow down as to not hit someone? Or depress the brake and shift into p and pray,
Pressing the brake is part of the problem to begin with.

Let off the brake for a split second and it will stop the acceleration. I teel you, it's nerve wracking. Goes against all natural instinct.

For those interested in my and many others electrical mystery, the dealer found the problem yesterday.

After two weeks of good rain amounts here in the desert, the tow mirrors would not telescope back in anymore. They had remained fully extended out, driving me absolutely nuts.

Well - I need a new battery junction box.

I am not sure of the extents of the damage but sure enough, the lid was traveling freely and would not snap into place. They found corrosion on the bottom of the box, which was causing the mirrors to be fully telescoped out, among other things that you all have mentioned.

There is a new one on order for replacement pending arrival.

I am not sure of the extents of the damage but sure enough, the lid was traveling freely and would not snap into place. They found corrosion on the bottom of the box, which was causing the mirrors to be fully telescoped out, among other things that you all have mentioned.
Glad you figured it out! How do you think the lid became unseated?

Seems like at a minimum the lid could use a redesign to make it easier to seat correctly.

What/where is this box?
It’s the engine bay fuse box. For whatever reason Ford’s official name for it is battery junction box.

Can find it passenger side towards the rear of the engine bay, behind the battery.

It’s the engine bay fuse box. For whatever reason Ford’s official name for it is battery junction box.

Can find it passenger side towards the rear of the engine bay, behind the battery.
Oh yeah, of course. All familiar with it. my post #20 above is on this topic, just didn't know it was called the junction box. Crazy how many problems it is causing for everyone. If the lid snaps into place (properly seated) i cant see how the water would get inside. But everyone should go and check if the lid is where it should be even if you dont have problems yet.

Reactions: ccw
Glad you figured it out! How do you think the lid became unseated?

Seems like at a minimum the lid could use a redesign to make it easier to seat correctly.

I questioned the exact same thing myself.

After reading numerous post on this thread, I went out one and looked in the engine bay, passenger front. The fuse box that you can easily see appeared to be fine from a glance. Lid was correctly placed and showed no sign of moisture or water intrusion. There was a light drizzle that very moment.

After my mirrors would just not cooperate, I drove the dealership and it turns out there is another box closer to the firewall, behind the battery, tucked in some. Sure enough, the lid was just dancing freely. We tried to snap it back in place and it would just not.

They took it in and after further investigation, there was moisture and corrosion.

I called my personal mechanic who is the only one who has touched my truck since I took delivery last October and he said he has had no reason to even open that box for all the modifications that has been done to the truck. All mods/lighting, etc, have come out from the fuse box mentioned in my first paragraph and as you all may know.

Could this be a design flaw? Sure seems like it from the mutiple owners running into the same issue.

I questioned the exact same thing myself.

After reading numerous post on this thread, I went out one and looked in the engine bay, passenger front. The fuse box that you can easily see appeared to be fine from a glance. Lid was correctly placed and showed no sign of moisture or water intrusion. There was a light drizzle that very moment.

After my mirrors would just not cooperate, I drove the dealership and it turns out there is another box closer to the firewall, behind the battery, tucked in some. Sure enough, the lid was just dancing freely. We tried to snap it back in place and it would just not.

They took it in and after further investigation, there was moisture and corrosion.

I called my personal mechanic who is the only one who has touched my truck since I took delivery last October and he said he has had no reason to even open that box for all the modifications that has been done to the truck. All mods/lighting, etc, have come out from the fuse box mentioned in my first paragraph and as you all may know.

Could this be a design flaw? Sure seems like it from the mutiple owners running into the same issue.

After the plastic vent on the back of my truck not being snapped into place, and thus flooding my passenger side, I wouldn't rule out sloppy assembly and qc.

Back