How to improve suspension performance without lifting the front end?

Well, with my son going crazy for attention I called it a night about halfway through the job. New springs and shocks are on in the front and the shocks are halfway on in the rear. I still need to install the trackbar and dual steering stabilizers...and verify the electronic shocks are working. One of the wires must've got a little too close to the headers and much of the rubber is melted in one spot...I might need to splice a section.
1000006602.jpg

Well, with my son going crazy for attention I called it a night about halfway through the job. New springs and shocks are on in the front and the shocks are halfway on in the rear. I still need to install the trackbar and dual steering stabilizers...and verify the electronic shocks are working. One of the wires must've got a little too close to the headers and much of the rubber is melted in one spot...I might need to splice a section.View attachment 153891
looking good. what are you going to do with the brake lines?

looking good. what are you going to do with the brake lines?
I just bent each side enough to be ok at full droop. The passenger side (pic) was easier to secure than the driver's side.
1000006606.jpg

FML - FML - FML!!! My fault for making assumptions that in 2024 any fairly large scale product would have apps available for Android. Icon came out with the CDEV shocks and IIC module in 2021 (I think) and they still haven't released an Android app to control it yet!!! How in the @#$%ing @#$% @$% @%#$? I just looked back at their product page and buried in the middle of the overview it says IOS. They should have a huge bold disclaimer somewhere on the page that says no Android compatability. I'm so pissed. I guess I have to go to the store now and buy the cheapest IOS device I can find.

• Sad
Reactions: ccw
Man that socks I've been eyeing those shocks for about a month. Just not enough feedback for me to leave my 5160 bilsteins gathering dust. They have been good to me for 40000 miles. I did get the gas springs installed and coming from what I had. These feel good but the rear is harsh. So I will probably get the PMF rear springs and lowering shackles to compliment. I'm not ready to go apple for anything.

I installed everything except the steering stabilizers. I don't have an IOS device yet to log in and look at the IIC settings, but I just drove about 10 miles and it seems to be working ok. I hope the front springs settle with a little more driving because the front measurements from ground to center of fender went from 42" to 44 5/8"...and I'll be very unhappy if they stay that tall. The rear is sitting at 44 3/4"...so basically level.

Man that socks I've been eyeing those shocks for about a month. Just not enough feedback for me to leave my 5160 bilsteins gathering dust. They have been good to me for 40000 miles. I did get the gas springs installed and coming from what I had. These feel good but the rear is harsh. So I will probably get the PMF rear springs and lowering shackles to compliment. I'm not ready to go apple for anything.
would you say the coils are softer than the factory tremor gas coils? how much front end lift did you get?
I installed everything except the steering stabilizers. I don't have an IOS device yet to log in and look at the IIC settings, but I just drove about 10 miles and it seems to be working ok. I hope the front springs settle with a little more driving because the front measurements from ground to center of fender went from 42" to 44 5/8"...and I'll be very unhappy if they stay that tall. The rear is sitting at 44 3/4"...so basically level.
softer ride?
2 5/8" lift? 😳

I have a non tremor so I was starting with a 1.5" bottom mount spring spacer and then I put in the Tremor front springs part #LC3Z5310S. In my rush I forgot to measure both before and after. However it is very close to the same. I also have a Fab Fours Matrix pre-runner winch bumper w/12000 pound winch. The front springs seem to make a difference however they really show that the rear springs need to swapped out if ride quality is what you are after. Again I am running Bilstein 5160 shocks front and rear. I even bumped my tire pressure up 5 p.s.i. all around. I am running 37x11.50r17 on a Icon 17x8.5 w6mm offset wheel. I am one of the crazy ones that run with out a sway bar in the front or rear.

would you say the coils are softer than the factory tremor gas coils? how much front end lift did you get?

softer ride?
2 5/8" lift? 😳
The coils aren't soft by any neans, but are softer than stock...less jarring on suddent bumps. I won't be able to give good feedback though until I get into the IIC app and verify the shocks are functioning properly and get it aligned (next week). Right now the alignment is way off I think/hope, as it is wandering all over the place.

UPDATE:
1) My buddy gave me his old iPhone 8 and I was able to download the app and sync to the IIC about 30 minutes ago and everything appears to be working fine. I did a quick drive down the road and the ride was much more compliant and better over speed bumps than before I logged into the app.

2) I just got off the phone with Icon and we figured out they mistakenly sent me diesel springs (part number 168500 - not sure of SKU) instead of "2023" gas springs (part number 168520 - SKU 62513). They are sending them 2 day shipping to me. I'm pretty pissed I have to spend the time and energy swapping the springs out, but the 2nd time will be much faster. Hopefully the actual gas springs will be only around 1.5" lift.

UPDATE:
1) My buddy gave me his old iPhone 8 and I was able to download the app and sync to the IIC about 30 minutes ago and everything appears to be working fine. I did a quick drive down the road and the ride was much more compliant and better over speed bumps than before I logged into the app.

2) I just got off the phone with Icon and we figured out they mistakenly sent me diesel springs (part number 168500 - not sure of SKU) instead of "2023" gas springs (part number 168520 - SKU 62513). They are sending them 2 day shipping to me. I'm pretty pissed I have to spend the time and energy swapping the springs out, but the 2nd time will be much faster. Hopefully the actual gas springs will be only around 1.5" lift.
Any updates after getting the correct Front Coils for the Gas motor (62513) installed?

Any updates after getting the correct Front Coils for the Gas motor (62513) installed?
The correct coils should arrive tomorrow. The truck is in the garage waiting for me to pop the springs in.

2023 gas coils are on the truck. I'll get pics when the weather is better. Here's a quick pic showing the height difference between the 2023 diesel and gas coils. It looked like ~1" difference. I took measurements, but it is hard to compare to pre-measurements because I put my new wheels/tires on. It is currently sitting at 43 7/8" front and 45 1/4" rear. The front lift does appear to be around 1.5" for the 168520 coils.
1000006682.jpg

Last edited:
I snapped a few quick rainy pics. I won't be driving it until my 4x4 shop adjusts the track bar and does an alignment on Monday.
20240510_162226.jpg
20240510_162239.jpg
20240510_162251.jpg
20240510_162314.jpg

I like it! Looks great

Looks good.

What size tires are installed? 35s?
The new tires are stock size 35s. I went with a milder A/T tire that should be smooth and last a long time for upcoming long road trips. I'll throw on the stock wheels/tires for regional trips where I'll be venturing off the beaten path.

Latest Discussions

Back