How to improve suspension performance without lifting the front end?

Well, I just pulled the trigger while Icon has the sale still going and purchased the component shown in the pic. I will likely purchase the Carli shackle as well. I figure I can play around with the rear springs later if/when I am unhappy with how it rides with just a shock/shackle upgrade in the rear. I can also mess with the front sway bar if/when I want even more compliance in the front. I ended up choosing to get the front springs as I was pretty sure the stock springs' ride wouldn't be improved by just a shock upgrade enough for me to be happy. We'll see how this all turns out.

View attachment 151367
Please keep us posted as to how this turns out. I am a big fan of the CDEV Icon shocks and Coil Overs and I want to install them on my truck as well.

I'm curious to see how much lift you actually get from the front Coil Springs for the 7.3L.

I am in the same boat as you, as I already ordered the Carli Rear Shackles and Torsion Sway Bar.

A few goodies just showed up on my doorstep. I'm not sure when I'll find the time to install them.
20240411_140829.jpg

Send them to me and I will install them !

Wow those look nice, 🥹

I curious how much lift that CDEV kit is going to give you. The website says 3-5” over stock. All I want to do is barley raise my front end enough to get 37” tires to fit.

I curious how much lift that CDEV kit is going to give you. The website says 3-5” over stock. All I want to do is barley raise my front end enough to get 37” tires to fit.
I think you must be looking at the wrong part numbers. It should be 1.5" max lift front on gas Tremor. I'm sticking with stock leaf springs/block for now, so no height change there. Based on what I've read, you can fit 37s with these front springs with the proper wheel offset.

I’ll have to check out the different part numbers. As much as I think the Carli system would be nice I just can’t justify the price vs something like the ICON system that I think would get you 80-90% there

Well, I finished all the electrical for the Icon CDEV system and ran the shock wires to all 4 corners. Now I just need to find time to install the shocks, springs, trackbar, and steering stabilizers. None of it was too difficult, but the sheer number to steps in the install is a bit tedious.
20240414_145114.jpg

How long did this step take you?
Probably 6 hours...trying to keep the wiring clean and route/secure everything properly. One of the most annoying setbacks was trying to get the fusebox closed without damaging the wire that was routed into it.

I was all pretty basic stuff, but it could be a daunting task for someone who isn't used to splicing wires, adding connectors, etc. Also, it takes some time to properly route and secure the wiring to all 4 corners.

What's required:

Mount controller plate: utilizes one pre-existing hole, drill one hole, & self tapping screw for the third mount point.

CDEV Controller wiring: Comes with 4xquick disconnect connectors for the 4x CDEV shock wires...also has 2 black grounds and two red wires. The two grounds need to have connectors added. One red wire needs to be spliced onto a provided in-line fuse and a connector added to attach to the positive battery terminal. The other red wire needs to be spliced to a fuse tap. There are two slots in the fuse tap and you insert a proved 5A fuse above, and the 10A Snow plow fuse, and then insert the fuse tap into the snow plow fuse space.

Run the 4 shock wires: This sounds fairly simple, but routing long wires with connectors can be a PIA.
ICON CDEV wiring diagram FSD.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds “easy” but maybe a bit time consuming. Please update as you go. I’m really curious to see how these Icon’s work out. I won’t be doing anything until my tires need to be replaced but I’m considering going this route as well.

Well, I finished all the electrical for the Icon CDEV system and ran the shock wires to all 4 corners. Now I just need to find time to install the shocks, springs, trackbar, and steering stabilizers. None of it was too difficult, but the sheer number to steps in the install is a bit tedious.
View attachment 152628
I had the same parts delivered to my door last Friday. Still waiting on the IIC.

Please post pictures of everything installed. I'm curious to see how much Lift the Front Springs actually have.

Once the IIC is mounted is there enough clearance to open the top and get into the fuse box underneath?

I had the same parts delivered to my door last Friday. Still waiting on the IIC.

Please post pictures of everything installed. I'm curious to see how much Lift the Front Springs actually have.

Once the IIC is mounted is there enough clearance to open the top and get into the fuse box underneath?
There is enough room to access the fuse box after installing the IIC...it is a bit of a PIA though. It would be easier to do it first before installing the IIC mount plate.

There is enough room to access the fuse box after installing the IIC...it is a bit of a PIA though. It would be easier to do it first before installing the IIC mount plate.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the info.

View attachment 152628
Have you installed the Springs, Shocks and other Items in the Icon Lift?

i'm curious how the springs ride and how much lift they provide

Have you installed the Springs, Shocks and other Items in the Icon Lift?
I tried a week ago when I only had a few hours to spare and that was a mistake. I got halfway through and realized I wasn't going to have enough time to finish and spent the next hour putting the stock components back in. I also need to figure out how I'm going to get those new taller springs in...the axle wasn't lowering enough to get them in even with swaybar end links disconnected as well as the trackbar. I have taken off the next few days to clean the garage and install the suspension...wish me luck.

1000006601.jpg

Every time I do something on one of my vehicles, I curse myself for not getting a lift and promise I'll get one soon...then I finish and forget about getting a lift. I'm in the cursing myself stage again right now.

Plus a 14 foot ceiling well maybe 13

Back