$H!T.... New truck, blown knee and now laid up!!

Rest, drink, sleep, eat, and scratch. Do what the Dr. recommends and heal up soon. I know the feeling been there 2 times on each knee. Players

Just spent two days snowmobling in the Little Belts we finally got some snow but boy was I beat !! Knees suck always fighting them darn things. Good luck on your surgery and recovery!

Well, surgery went well and everything was repaired and looks good according to the Doc. Just stiff, swollen, sore and tired and not in a good way.........LOL

Been doing the cold therapy with this ice machine and that works pretty slick. I'm definitely not use to sitting and laying around, my lower back is killing me!!! The pain meds really don't do anything except for tie your guys up into a knot, so I've laid off those dumb things. Last night I was able to sleep and only woke up 5 times, so that's a plus too!!

Anyways, just thought I would check in! Later guys.

Well, surgery went well and everything was repaired and looks good according to the Doc. Just stiff, swollen, sore and tired and not in a good way.........LOL

Been doing the cold therapy with this ice machine and that works pretty slick. I'm definitely not use to sitting and laying around, my lower back is killing me!!! The pain meds really don't do anything except for tie your guys up into a knot, so I've laid off those dumb things. Last night I was able to sleep and only woke up 5 times, so that's a plus too!!

Anyways, just thought I would check in! Later guys.
That’s great to hear. Where did they get the ligament from? Just curious. Use the shit out of the bend machine. That was a blessing for me.
GET BETTER MY FRIEND. GOD BLESS BROTHER ??????????

Yes, awesome news. Flat all went well. Yeah my buddy had his third knee surgery a year or so ago and according to him that ice machine was a Godsend. Keeping you in the prayer list. Rest up

Hey Guys,

So I ended up blowing my knee out the other day while on a snowmobiling trip. Basically a torn ACL and torn meniscus, which means surgery. This coming Friday is surgery, so I know I'll be laid up for a while......which sucks. New truck sitting in the garage with 300 miles, just staring at me!!

So anyways, I have never had knee issues or knee surgery so I was wondering if any of you guys have any words of advice, tips, tricks or advice ??

Anyways, thanks in advance !!
Just finished a double knee replacement (partial for each knee). Make sure the doctor is good (actually better than good) and do the physical therapy.

Hey Guys,

So I ended up blowing my knee out the other day while on a snowmobiling trip. Basically a torn ACL and torn meniscus, which means surgery. This coming Friday is surgery, so I know I'll be laid up for a while......which sucks. New truck sitting in the garage with 300 miles, just staring at me!!

So anyways, I have never had knee issues or knee surgery so I was wondering if any of you guys have any words of advice, tips, tricks or advice ??

Anyways, thanks in advance !!
Learn to drive left footed....

That’s great to hear. Where did they get the ligament from? Just curious. Use the shit out of the bend machine. That was a blessing for me.
GET BETTER MY FRIEND. GOD BLESS BROTHER ??????????
They actually harvested the ligament and bone from the front part of my knee. Basically, bone on both ends with ligament in the middle. They then insert each of those "bone" ends into spots they drilled out. After inserted, they then put a small wedge screw in, to hold each of the ends in. From listening to the doc and doing research, recovery is "supposed" to be better as its bone healing on bone instead of a ligament being sewn together having to heel.

Right now, it feel like someone hit me square in the knee with dull hatchet!!

Yes, awesome news. Flat all went well. Yeah my buddy had his third knee surgery a year or so ago and according to him that ice machine was a Godsend. Keeping you in the prayer list. Rest up
YES!!! the ice machine is probably the best recommendations I got from others!! If anyone has any kind of injury or surgery where icing comes into play...............get a machine!!!!!

They actually harvested the ligament and bone from the front part of my knee. Basically, bone on both ends with ligament in the middle. They then insert each of those "bone" ends into spots they drilled out. After inserted, they then put a small wedge screw in, to hold each of the ends in. From listening to the doc and doing research, recovery is "supposed" to be better as its bone healing on bone instead of a ligament being sewn together having to heel.

Right now, it feel like someone hit me square in the knee with dull hatchet!!
I was able to walk on it with no wait bearing or maybe 5% bearing in days. But it was a Bitch of a recovery for me. I had bad injuries though. Hang in there my man. The pain meds are so evil though. They make you shit concrete balls. FUCKING worst shit to take but it did help me at times. Dang bringing back really bad memories. Sorry Brother You Are Going Yo Be Back Sooner Than I Had Been.
GOD BLESS BROTHER ?????????
Don ?

I was able to walk on it with no wait bearing or maybe 5% bearing in days. But it was a Bitch of a recovery for me. I had bad injuries though. Hang in there my man. The pain meds are so evil though. They make you shit concrete balls. FUCKING worst shit to take but it did help me at times. Dang bringing back really bad memories. Sorry Brother You Are Going Yo Be Back Sooner Than I Had Been.
GOD BLESS BROTHER ?????????
Don ?
Thanks bud!

I actually threw the pain pills away, I have never had luck with that crap. They really don't do anything for me other then make my head cloudy and the pain is still there.

Doc. claims it was straight forward and everything went well. I have my first follow-up this Wednesday and my first appointment with my physical therapist Wednesday as well, so I'm hoping to hit hard and keep moving forward!!

Thanks to all you guys, the kind words do mean a lot!!

Thanks bud!

I actually threw the pain pills away, I have never had luck with that crap. They really don't do anything for me other then make my head cloudy and the pain is still there.

Doc. claims it was straight forward and everything went well. I have my first follow-up this Wednesday and my first appointment with my physical therapist Wednesday as well, so I'm hoping to hit hard and keep moving forward!!

Thanks to all you guys, the kind words do mean a lot!!
Sounds like a bad trip ... but with the left leg, you should be able to climb in with your right and drive !!! My left knee replacement was the worse of only about 3 weeks of pain ...

Good luck with your recovery! Do the physical therapy....Tylenol worked pretty good for me for my hip surgery.

Hey Guys,

Checking in, as I just hit the two week mark since surgery!!

Good news at my first check in at 6 days post op, I was able to straighten to 0 degrees and was actually able to bend the knee a little. The therapist said that was great but I still felt like $h!T..... I also ended up with a ton of left hip pain and after talking to the doc, sounds like they messed up the nerve block. So...dealing with that too which kinda sucks.

Today, marks basically two weeks post op. PT was today and I was able to get to 90 degrees and I started putting more then just touch pressure on the left side. Working on walking and putting weight on (with crutches) and of course new PT exercises they introduced today, which are SO MUCH FUN!! NOT. But I know its the path I have to take to get this crap over with!!

I just wish I could hat the fast forward button as I'm one of those impatient people!! LOL

Keep up with the PT! It’s not fun but it’s the path to recovery.

Hey Guys,

Checking in, as I just hit the two week mark since surgery!!

Good news at my first check in at 6 days post op, I was able to straighten to 0 degrees and was actually able to bend the knee a little. The therapist said that was great but I still felt like $h!T..... I also ended up with a ton of left hip pain and after talking to the doc, sounds like they messed up the nerve block. So...dealing with that too which kinda sucks.

Today, marks basically two weeks post op. PT was today and I was able to get to 90 degrees and I started putting more then just touch pressure on the left side. Working on walking and putting weight on (with crutches) and of course new PT exercises they introduced today, which are SO MUCH FUN!! NOT. But I know its the path I have to take to get this crap over with!!

I just wish I could hat the fast forward button as I'm one of those impatient people!! LOL
GOD BLESS BROTHER. ACL recovery was a bitch for me. My Left one was way worse than the right one. Hang in there. ?????????

Hang in there, you'll be good as new before you know it.
I got so many worn out parts that I do PT every morning for 1 hour, makes a HUGE difference to get the day started.

Your truck will be waiting.

Five weeks!

Officially ditched the brace and only using one crutch at times. Only time I need the brace now is for extended walks and if I end up on uneven ground or if there is a chance for slipping and falling.

Still super stiff and pain isn't bad, but it does bite ya once and while where it will make ya jump!! The PT has been going good too, just feels like I hit a little bit of a plateau lately. Just working on getting more range of motion at this point and building the strength back up. I was able to leg press a whopping 70 pounds with the bad leg, but it felt like I was going to $h!T myself!! LOL

Still on the cyro (ice machine) which works wonders and I highly recommend one of these for any you.....above average in age weekend warriors, who tend to overdue things!! ha ha.

So, things are moving along, I'm back at work.........."light duty / desk only" but I still cannot get into my damn truck!! I've got a grand total of 350 miles on her!! I'm hoping within the next week or two I might be able to crawl my way up in there and finally take her for ride!!

Back