Grill guard or new bumper for Tremor with factory winch?

I was told that since it’s on the invoice, it is part of the build charge. Mine came in with it installed. Not sure who installed it.

It does show on the sticker, and part of the invoice the dealer has to pay. However they are all still dealer installed, and they ship separate from the truck.

So you have a couple options before your truck shows up. Well, not you. But you get it.

1. have them install it. (if you do this tell them you want all parts returned to you)
2. tell them not to install it, and drop the pallet in the bed when you pick it up. find a buyer yourself.
3. Ask your sales guy if they'd entertain giving you a credit for the winch against your truck purchase. They can always install it on a lot truck like they do aftermarket wheels and shite.

It does show on the sticker, and part of the invoice the dealer has to pay. However they are all still dealer installed, and they ship separate from the truck.

So you have a couple options before your truck shows up. Well, not you. But you get it.

1. have them install it. (if you do this tell them you want all parts returned to you)
2. tell them not to install it, and drop the pallet in the bed when you pick it up. find a buyer yourself.
3. Ask your sales guy if they'd entertain giving you a credit for the winch against your truck purchase. They can always install it on a lot truck like they do aftermarket wheels and shite.
Dealer also told me that the winch bumper is different than non winch bumper. I guess it has a cutout for the fairlead. Not a straight install from my truck to non winch even with winch mount because of the bumper.

Dealer also told me that the winch bumper is different than non winch bumper. I guess it has a cutout for the fairlead. Not a straight install from my truck to non winch even with winch mount because of the bumper.
I guess I can’t say definitively, but I’m about 95% sure there is no OEM winch bumper. All 2020+ trucks are compatible with the winch from a mounting standpoint. Only requirements from Ford is dual batteries and 397 amp alternators.

Was there enough metal to just drill 4 new holes to keep it centered or did you drill 2 and use 2 that were already there with the winch offfset a little?
No I kept the factory warn winch mounting bracket there and used a plasma cutter on the new front bumper plate in the middle and fabricated it for the fair lead

Instead of installing a winch myself, I ordered the factory offering from Warn. In researching grill guards, I discovered that most won’t work with the factory winch option. Anyone have any experience or work around?
Resurrecting this thread to see if anything has changed in the last few months. My internet searches show that there are no bolt on solutions with the OEM winch installed as is. I have the factory winch and don't want a new bumper just a grill guard. The Ranch Hand looks good and works with the camera and radar; has anyone lined one up to see how "incompatible" it is with the winch? If it's just a couple hundred dollars of fab shop work that'd be alright. I'm in Fort Worth, TX and wondering if I could be so lucky as to have a Ranch Hand dealer and fab shop all-in-one around here.

Reactions: ccw
Resurrecting this thread to see if anything has changed in the last few months. My internet searches show that there are no bolt on solutions with the OEM winch installed as is. I have the factory winch and don't want a new bumper just a grill guard. The Ranch Hand looks good and works with the camera and radar; has anyone lined one up to see how "incompatible" it is with the winch? If it's just a couple hundred dollars of fab shop work that'd be alright. I'm in Fort Worth, TX and wondering if I could be so lucky as to have a Ranch Hand dealer and fab shop all-in-one around here.
The one thing that has changed for me is that I got a Westin grill guard with winch plate and had the installer move the factory winch . It required drilling new mounting holes to match the factory winch. I have used it many times so far and it has been bulletproof! I think it looks great as well.

Thread 'FORD MOTOR COMPANY 2021 SEMA BUILD BY ADVANCED ACCESSORY CONCEPTS' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/...ma-build-by-advanced-accessory-concepts.7450/

-AFN 4x4 USA Front and rear Bumpers ( this is my company, well I'm the North American Distributor..) We got approved to design the bumper around the Ford Factory Tremor Winch so it runs that sweet fairlead and winch setup.

Edit: Above statement taken from thread posted

Thread 'FORD MOTOR COMPANY 2021 SEMA BUILD BY ADVANCED ACCESSORY CONCEPTS' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/...ma-build-by-advanced-accessory-concepts.7450/

-AFN 4x4 USA Front and rear Bumpers ( this is my company, well I'm the North American Distributor..) We got approved to design the bumper around the Ford Factory Tremor Winch so it runs that sweet fairlead and winch setup.

Edit: Above statement taken from thread posted
I saw that above, looks pretty cool, but just looking for grill guard to go with factory bumper.

I saw that above, looks pretty cool, but just looking for grill guard to go with factory bumper.
Looking for the same thing as well. Any luck yet? I have yet to find a grill guard to work with the factory bumper/winch combo.

Looking for the same thing as well. Any luck yet? I have yet to find a grill guard to work with the factory bumper/winch combo.
Not yet, but I did park next to another F350 of the same year that had the Ranch Hand guard so I climbed under looking at the mounting points and I think it would work with minimal or no fab work. Ranch Hand replied and said they have no bandwidth to evaluate it even though I volunteered to bring them my truck. I need to get to a local shop here in Texas that stocks the RH models and ask their tech to test fit one.

Back