Godzilla fuel injector

PWRLNE

Tremor Newbie
Joined
Dec 17, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction Points
1
Location
Southern Maryland
Military
USMC
First Responder
Firefighter
Current Ride #1
2022 Ford F250 Tremor
I have a misfire on cylinder 5 only. I have changed the spark plug (twice), swapped coils and plug wires with cylinder 6 and still showed the misfire on cylinder 5. I put my stethoscope to cylinder 6 which is always clicking. Then put it on number 5 and it clicks but stops intermittently. I assume it’s a bad injector and for the life of me I can’t find a video on replacing the injector. Any suggestions on what else to look for! And does anyone know of a video for replacing the injector? It’s a 2022 for reference.
 
I'm having a similar issue with cylinder 6. Taking it to the dealership since it's still under warranty and wonder if it's the injector or the ECU. I'm leading towards ECU as restarting the truck clears the issue and then it randomly returns. Changing wire and coil to new ones didn't solve it and a bad plug wouldn't be as likely to intermittently misfire.

Here's a video on how to change the fuel rail:

 
Taking it to the dealership since it's still under warranty
Keep us posted. Curious to see what they find considering all that you guys did trying to fix it in Moab.
 
I'm having a similar issue with cylinder 6. Taking it to the dealership since it's still under warranty and wonder if it's the injector or the ECU. I'm leading towards ECU as restarting the truck clears the issue and then it randomly returns. Changing wire and coil to new ones didn't solve it and a bad plug wouldn't be as likely to intermittently misfire.

Here's a video on how to change the fuel rail:

Thanks for the video. I’m just over 100k miles so no warranty for me. Hopefully it’s just the faulty injector and not the ECU.
 
Its super easy to replace, I did it when installing the Whipple, you just remove the fuel rails and the injectors come right out.
 
Back
Top Bottom