Front license plate with winch

There is enough room for the factory 55 winch sucked in. It's fatter than the factory one.

Reactions: ccw
Price will be approx $90 plus shipping if I can get 10 people to order. If we can't get 10 the price will have to be more. The prices of the materials keep changing on me. PM me if you are interested

Price will be approx $90 plus shipping if I can get 10 people to order. If we can't get 10 the price will have to be more. The prices of the materials keep changing on me. PM me if you are interested
I might be interested (late to the show) what does it look like. It just a matter of time before I get pulled over in MT.

I went with the flipster v3 and am very happy with it.

I can take additional if needed tonight when I get home

Attachments

• C424D627-E25D-4C78-AC81-987129FDF5F2.jpeg
    C424D627-E25D-4C78-AC81-987129FDF5F2.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 131
I have mentioned this in another thread a while back but per the ford website the winch specific plate should be included if your state requires one. Mine did not but I went back to the dealer showed them the info from the page and they added it no charge.

No need to pay for something they were supposed to include :)

Notes:

Optional part : Front License Bracket LC3Z-17A385-BA in states/provinces requiring. See a Ford Dealer or www.FordParts.com for more information. A Factory Ordered Winch option does include the brackets in a vehicle prep kit.

In Washington state no one really cares in my experience, we are supposed to have the front however.

In WA state we can also get an exception from the state patrol.
Do you know the RCW for this.

Do you know the RCW for this.
I got you.

RCW 46.16A.200, sub-section 5 states:

(5)(a) Display. License plates must be:
(i) Attached conspicuously at the front and rear of each vehicle if two license plates have been issued;
(ii) Attached to the rear of the vehicle if one license plate has been issued;
[...]
(b)(i) The Washington state patrol may grant exceptions to this subsection if the body construction of the vehicle makes compliance with this section impossible.
[...]

Cut out the bits not relevant to the front license plate exemption for vehicles.

Excellent suggestion. I trimmed a couple of the plastic tabs off the back of the factory bracket and used the rubber magnets from Amazon link below. Turned out to be perfect. The magnets had 3M tape as well.

View attachment 110824View attachment 110825View attachment 110826
Thanks for the idea and part number for the magnets. Here's my install.. Took less than 30 minutes for everything. Very solid and easy to remove.

Attachments

• Plate Bracket Front.jpg
    Plate Bracket Front.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Plate Bracket Rear.jpg
    Plate Bracket Rear.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Plate Bracket Top View.jpg
    Plate Bracket Top View.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Plate Bracket.jpg
    Plate Bracket.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 59
Thanks for the idea and part number for the magnets. Here's my install.. Took less than 30 minutes for everything. Very solid and easy to remove.
Looks great! Go dawgs!!

No factory mount after winch = not putting a front plate. 🍻

I have also decided to bag the front plate idea. It's required by law in Vermont, but with the Ultrahook and all the sensors, I really do not have a good place to put it. Even the tow hook option blocks my block heater plug.

I have yet to be detained for such a legal infraction.

I have also decided to bag the front plate idea. It's required by law in Vermont, but with the Ultrahook and all the sensors, I really do not have a good place to put it. Even the tow hook option blocks my block heater plug.

I have yet to be detained for such a legal infraction.
I am watching people drive without windshields and uncovered light bars. (required by law to be covered in WA)

Trucks / cars without tail lights, headlights, etc. go find something else to do. I Also don’t put my new tabs on.

My flip-up Peterbilt plate cover hasn’t failed me yet!

Attachments

• IMG_7212.jpeg
    IMG_7212.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7211.jpeg
    IMG_7211.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 26
Back