Frazior's Tow Rig Build

Frazior

Non Tremor Member
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 F250 6.7 Platinum
To give myself some hope that my rig will eventually show up and help me spend more money on mods/accessories...... Even though my rig isn't a tremor (you guys still have the best HD forum) I hope I can help others spend more money than they intended on their trucks. This will be a RV tow rig and Home Depot runner as I have a company car for work (at least until it dies) Outside of the occasional gravel or BLM road it will be asphalt bound so most of the mods are with this focus in mind. I did go with the Dark Marsala interior because A. All grey/black tones are a bit monotonous B. Everyone else does grey/black C. I like the contrast and think it adds a bit of class to an already drop-dead gorgeous truck. I love some of the darker exterior colors (looking at you Antimatter blue and Iconic Grey) but have always felt that the lighter colors stand out inn poor weather and in the dark.

exterior.png
Interior.png

Here is the build sheet, if you have any suggestions let me know, as it looks like I have time to kill while waiting on my AS.... :rolleyes:

Model
2022 Ford Super Duty F-250 Platinum Crew Cab, 6 3/4’ Box, 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel Engine, TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission, 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio, 4X4, SRW

Paint
  • Star White
  • No Secondary Color

Powertrain
  • 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel Engine
  • 4X4
  • TorqShift® 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio

Packages
  • FX4 Off-Road Package
  • F-250 Trailer Tow High Capacity with Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System and Pro Trailer Backup Assist Package

Exterior
  • 20" Polished Aluminum Wheels (SRW)
  • Splash Guards/Mud Flaps – Rear/Rear
  • Tailgate Step
  • Rear Window – Power-Sliding with Privacy Glass
  • Rear Window – Defrost with Privacy Glass
  • Wheel Well Liner – Front/Rear
  • 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package
  • BoxLink™
  • Engine Block Heater
  • Remote Start System with Key
  • Electronic Shift-On-the-Fly (ESOF)
  • Skid Plates – Transfer Case and Fuel Tank
  • BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-traffic Alert and Trailer Tow
  • Alternator – 397
  • LED Box Lighting
  • Individual Trailer TPMS
  • Power Moonroof
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • Wheel Locks
  • Adaptive Steering System
  • Quad-Beam LED Headlamps/Taillamps and Fog Lamps
  • LT275/65Rx20E OWL A/T Tires
  • PowerScope® Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors
  • Power-Deployable Running Boards

Interior
  • Dark Marsala
  • Dark Marsala Platinum Leather
  • Luxury Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 Front Seats – Dark Marsala
  • Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
  • Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater (Diesel)
  • 110-Volt/400-Watt AC Outlet
  • Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System with Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
  • Upfitter Switches
  • Power Heated/Ventilated Driver/Passenger Seat with Driver Side Memory
  • Heated Rear Seats
  • Easy Entry/Exit Memory Driver's Seat
  • Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers and Heated Steering Wheel
  • Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support
  • Universal Garage Door Opener
  • All-Weather Floor Mats (includes Carpet Floor Mats)
  • B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen® (10 Speakers including Subwoofer)
  • Voice-Activated Navigation System
  • SYNC® 4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition

Upgrades/ Mods
Immediate
  • S&B 60gal tank - Done
  • Retrax MX Pro - Done
  • Bed Rug - Done
  • Rack for kayaks - Done
  • BD Reverse lights - Done
  • DB Fog Lights - Done
  • Sill protectors - Done
  • Ceramic window tint - including sunroof - Done
  • Hood letter inserts - Done
  • Dash letter inserts - Done
  • Tailgate Letter Vinyls - Done
  • dash mount for GPS/RV camera - Done
  • Sulastic shackles - Done
  • Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade - Done
  • LED ambient cupholder rings - Done
  • Carli Backcountry 2.5 level w/ Deaver springs and torsion sway bar - Done
  • rear seat release - Done
  • DC-DC charger for RV (to be able to run the a/c and fridge while towing) - Done
  • Banks CAI - Done
  • Noco engingine heater plug - Done
  • Shorty antennae - Done
  • Stahlbus Oil drain plug - Done

Future
  • Charge pipe
  • disaster prev kit
  • hammerlocks for tow hooks

Last edited:
It’s not a TREMOR, but very nice truck!!! Congratulations 🎉

Last edited:
It’s not a TREMOR, but very nice truck!!! Congratulations 🎉
Nope, it's not a tremor. But when I get finished with it the only difference will be that I won't have trail crawl mode. Looking to add the eaton LS added to the front when I get my Carli setup installed.

Looking good. I’m already digging the subtle mods. The pocket lights look good in contrast to all the white. Any other plans for changes?
Thanks, I like keeping it subtle (or as subtle as you can be with a big arse truck) Today I'll be pulling off the FX4 sticker and putting on the tailgate vinyl. After that I'm on hold for the exterior until Carli can ship the parts for the Backcountry setup. Inside mods will be subtle too. Will post pics

Thanks, I like keeping it subtle (or as subtle as you can be with a big arse truck) Today I'll be pulling off the FX4 sticker and putting on the tailgate vinyl. After that I'm on hold for the exterior until Carli can ship the parts for the Backcountry setup. Inside mods will be subtle too. Will post pics
I think it’s going to look good. I’ll be watching the progress.

It is looking good!
Hmmmm perhaps I should have gotten a diesel, i mean 1005 miles to E!!!!......Mine says 300 miles to E - oh good ole 7.3L

It is looking good!
Hmmmm perhaps I should have gotten a diesel, i mean 1005 miles to E!!!!......Mine says 300 miles to E - oh good ole 7.3L
😂 something is clearly amiss, I get great mpg’s on hwy ~21-22 (not under load) and best I’ve seen is ~650 miles to empty. I actually don’t think I would get quite that far as it’s not a linear drop through the entire tank, tends to drop faster the closer you get to E. That said OP might have an after market big fuel tank and adjusted the onboard computer (if that’s even possible).

😂 something is clearly amiss, I get great mpg’s on hwy ~21-22 (not under load) and best I’ve seen is ~650 miles to empty. I actually don’t think I would get quite that far as it’s not a linear drop through the entire tank, tends to drop faster the closer you get to E. That said OP might have an after market big fuel tank and adjusted the onboard computer (if that’s even possible).
Yep, I have an S&B 60Gallon tank and it is easily the best mod other than the suspension IMHO

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Talons Garage trans skid plate/ cat shield. This thing is nice and can be installed by one person in less than an hour.
skid plate 1.jpg

Not the best pic in the world but you get the idea of coverage.
Here is a shot of the area around the cat.
skid plate 3.jpg

I'll upload a shot of the wing plate that protects the oil filter when I get that put on. I also went ahead and ordered the DFP shield as well.
On the website they say that these require higher than average mechanical abilities to install but I think that if you have the proper tools and you're comfortable assembling a bookcase from Ikea you'll be fine. YMMV

Thanks @Talon2006 !

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Talons Garage trans skid plate/ cat shield. This thing is nice and can be installed by one person in less than an hour.
View attachment 104817
Not the best pic in the world but you get the idea of coverage.
Here is a shot of the area around the cat.View attachment 104815
I'll upload a shot of the wing plate that protects the oil filter when I get that put on. I also went ahead and ordered the DFP shield as well.
On the website they say that these require higher than average mechanical abilities to install but I think that if you have the proper tools and you're comfortable assembling a bookcase from Ikea you'll be fine. YMMV

Thanks @Talon2006 !

Thanks for the shout out! We are getting those bolts sent out in the mail!

I really need to get a photo of that cover on the website as I forgot to put it on for every single photo I took!

Latest Discussions

Back