FORScan for 2020's

OK so you were on to something. I did no to load a profile and it all worked. I should have stopped with the tire pressure though cause I messed something up, hopefully you might be able to help me figure out what I need to do to fix it.

So i went into the tire circumference and changed it so that my speedo would be correct. Now i got a check engine light and a wrench shows up on the dash telling me to see manual :(. Any idea what I need to do there?
There is a process you have to follow for tire circumference in addition to making the initial change. I have posted the process on here before but don't remember off the top of my head. I'll see if I can find it...

Yes sir, after searching last night for a bit I quickly regretted trying to change the tire size. It seems to be a tricky thing to do.

I changed it back to factory last night and did the resets on PCM and TCM and still have the errors. I went looking for some other
things to try and ran across your post on this as well. It got super late last night so didn't try it but I am hoping this does the trick
today. It shows doing the re-learn options so its different from what I have done so far.

Remarkably I find myself feeling all of a sudden quite OK with the speedo inaccuracy, just want the lights off, lol

OK so you were on to something. I did no to load a profile and it all worked. I should have stopped with the tire pressure though cause I messed something up, hopefully you might be able to help me figure out what I need to do to fix it.

So i went into the tire circumference and changed it so that my speedo would be correct. Now i got a check engine light and a wrench shows up on the dash telling me to see manual :(. Any idea what I need to do there?
I asked the guys at CJC Offroad when I had my E-Venture installed about the calibration to match the 38s. They mentioned the CEL so I left that speedo issue alone and moved on to other things. I also tried the "enter Nav destinations while the truck is in motion," but it throw a backup camera error, so I put it back to what it was and left that alone also 😂
Here is the list I used FORScan Codes for 2017+ Super Duty - Google Drive.html

Last edited:
Yes sir, after searching last night for a bit I quickly regretted trying to change the tire size. It seems to be a tricky thing to do.

I changed it back to factory last night and did the resets on PCM and TCM and still have the errors. I went looking for some other
things to try and ran across your post on this as well. It got super late last night so didn't try it but I am hoping this does the trick
today. It shows doing the re-learn options so its different from what I have done so far.

Remarkably I find myself feeling all of a sudden quite OK with the speedo inaccuracy, just want the lights off, lol
2800mm and some change is max that 2020s will take, anything more than that and the codes will keep reappearing. Ironically for me running 37s, 2800mm got my speedometer within .2mph of GPS speed.

I had codes that wouldnt clear for values over 2800, but since setting it at 2800 and relearning TCM and PCM no issues in 2000 miles or so.

2800mm and some change is max that 2020s will take, anything more than that and the codes will keep reappearing. Ironically for me running 37s, 2800mm got my speedometer within .2mph of GPS speed.

I had codes that wouldnt clear for values over 2800, but since setting it at 2800 and relearning TCM and PCM no issues in 2000 miles or so.
Thanks, after lots of reading I decided to change it back to the factory number, but the lights were still on.

It sat overnight and in the morning the lights were gone. 68 is 70 and 72 is 75 so 2-3 mph difference won't bother
me anymore after that ordeal, I won't lie, it had me worried.

Can someone direct me to to find an answer to if anyone has found out how to disable or increase the remote idle/running time from the factory 10 minutes?

Also, when left idling how to disable or increase the time from 30 minutes from auto shut off?

I had done this through Forscan some time ago but it seems it never took effect.

Remote start can be extended via dash (IPC)

Auto shutdown can be disabled via ForScan. Check the ForScan sheet.

ZooDad

Can the LED headlight brightness (low and and high beam) be changed in Forscan?

As part of a minor collision repair, I recently had one of my LED headlights and ballast replaced with a new OEM LED headlight and now the overall light output from my low and high beams on both headlights has been reduced significantly, maybe 25-50% of the original brightness.

I did refer to the Forscan spreadsheet, but all that was listed was the "DRL Full Brightness with Headlights" which is just the [ ] lights (which is not the issue).

Just wanting to know if this can be adjusted in the BCM or elsewhere?

@MIX
I have never seen or heard of the actual headlight brightness decrease or increase, but if you have your original factory AsBuilt (or a BdyCm backup) from before the repair, make a backup and compare the data.

ZooDad

@MIX
I have never seen or heard of the actual headlight brightness decrease or increase, but if you have your original factory AsBuilt (or a BdyCm backup) from before the repair, make a backup and compare the data.

ZooDad
I would have sworn there was a setting for this and thought the topic came up before. Maybe it was just for the DRLs though?

Has anyone here tried to modify anything on their new 2020 with FORScan yet? I am very interested and have been looking at other boards for this also. Tweaking the parameters to override some of the NANNY functions make for a much better Owner experience. I have the new OBDLink EX on order and set to arrive next week. There have been a few reports of different parameters between the 2019 to 2020. Any help in this area will be appreciated by all. It's a delicate operation and has the potential for unwanted results, so be careful.

** Update **

2020-2021 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

** Popular Changes
just fixed the rapid flash blinkers :) thanks to everyone ...Im learning.. now to find a way to kill the dam 30 min shut down..lol.;)

Back