FORScan for 2020's

Tried changing the TPMS values. Well now my TPMS looks like this. Not good. Will it relearn over time?
20201031_165350.jpg

Tried changing the TPMS values. Well now my TPMS looks like this. Not good. Will it relearn over time?
View attachment 8228
All fixed. Just had to let the truck stay off overnight, I guess. I went out there today, started her up, and TPMS all fixed.

I still can't see the temperature above the gauges, even though I selected it (or at least I thought I did).

High learning curve. I definitely wouldn't touch anything until having gone through this thread and looked at all the links/spreadsheets.

Is there a 2020 Super Duty Spreadsheet file for all the coding to program with Forscan anywhere yet? I would love to get my hands on one of those so I can start doing all the programming I need to do. Thanks.

All fixed. Just had to let the truck stay off overnight, I guess. I went out there today, started her up, and TPMS all fixed.

I still can't see the temperature above the gauges, even though I selected it (or at least I thought I did).

It would have loaded the settings by just driving around the block. I've changed mine twice and only drove a few hundred feet both times for it to read

Just did most of the mods super easy! I'm going to change nav in motion back as most of the voice commands don't work and I can stand hearing that every time you try to use it.

Alright my Techie people. Whats the cheapest laptop I can get just for doing forscan stuff?

Best buy seemed to have the best prices I saw when looking around for something cheap. Even compared to Amazon. Never got around to it. Talked my teenage daughter into letting me use hers o_O

Tom

Can I turn on the OCR with this on my XLT? I didn't want to pay hundreds of $$ for a click of a mouse.

I just checked - you need Windows to run the Forscan SW to make changes (there is ios and android versions to view the settings). The link is for a Chromebook. While technically possible to load Windows on a Chromebook it's a non-trivial task and probably not worth the headache.

You should be able to find an older used laptop via ebay, craiglist, etc for cheap. The only real issue is make sure it has Windows installed and works so you don't have to buy a Windows license. Ideally you get the Windows license key with it.

I just checked - you need Windows to run the Forscan SW to make changes (there is ios and android versions to view the settings). The link is for a Chromebook. While technically possible to load Windows on a Chromebook it's a non-trivial task and probably not worth the headache.

You should be able to find an older used laptop via ebay, craiglist, etc for cheap. The only real issue is make sure it has Windows installed and works so you don't have to buy a Windows license. Ideally you get the Windows license key with it.
Chromebook are going to have a windows feature like how apple has a windows environment on it but I haven't tested it yet ... I need to test on my chromebook ... But biggest issue is chrome book doesnt read usb obs 2 reader ... I would just get a $200 window laptop

I am not sure a chrome book would work ... go for windows ... 10 if you can
Ok gotcha. So get the laptop with Windows 10 and Forscan is free, then I'm in business

Ok gotcha. So get the laptop with Windows 10 and Forscan is free, then I'm in business
YOu also need to get the adapters on line ... I posted something earlier on the ones I purchased on Amazon and they worked great ... I also purchased the forscan software ... just seemed to me like the right thing to do. It is a little cluggy on running when you start up the first time but actually pretty easy.
Yes, but you need the OBII adapter ... This one worked for me ..

I also purchased an extension wire as the it was tight attaching the adapter attaching directly to the port
ARTECKIN Full 16pin OBD II OBD2 Male to Female Extension Cable Flat Ribbon Cable with Angled connectors 30cm/1ft 16pin

So we nailed down get windows 10. How much memory/ram or what ever is needed. All it will be used for is forscan

Does anyone know if i can just pay someone to program the items i want changed with forscan? I would prefer someone in the Amarillo area but doesnt have to be. I am not computer wizard type and sounds like a mess if i dont know what im doing.

My Final Forscan update:
I got everything I wanted done. Minus the Bambi mode.. I think I changed something in the daytime running lights that conflicted the " Bambi " mode code.
Unless there is anything brand new somebody has unlocked. I will keep digging and share any new codes, please keep updating if you unlock any more treasures.

Possible items.

1).Change the closing " Ford" screen to different screen like you can do on the start up.
2). confirm LED DTRL settings on the 2020 SD
3). confirm or set up power windows up or down on Key fob. ( sunroof)
What is the set up power windows up and down?

Back