FORScan for 2020's

First time to FORScan. Did some changes last week and a couple today. Happy with all!

Tremor/7.3L/Lariat/Ultimate/Sport.

Off my note sheet I'm keeping in the truck and on file the changes I have made:

04-16-2020 Backed-up all 25 as built factory files to laptop and to a flash drive in the glove box.

04-16-2020 BCM (English)
Double honk on leaving cabin – Disabled.

04-17-2020 BCM (English)
Using front fog lights w/high beams – Allowed.
TPM Placard rear 60psi (Changed noted in Ford APP. It was 60/80 and is now 60/60.)

04-17-2020 IPC Module (English)
Chimes driver’s seat belt minder – Disabled.
Chimes passenger seat belt minder – Disabled.
Chimes vehicle running with door open – Disabled.

04-17-2020 APIM (English)
Splash screen boot animation. #16 Ford Performance.

04-17-2020 IPC (As Built)
Add temp above gauges. 720-07-01 xxxx xA5x xxxx (was 8401 0AA0 0866)
Disable triple ding at start-up. 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx (was 220B 50A7)
Add average speed to trip/fuel. 720-01-01 xxxx x4xx xxxx (was 2C0F 1004 70E8)

04-17-2020 APIM (As Built)
Heated/vented seats icon on home screen. 7D0 01-01 xxxx xxxx x2xx (was AA0A 0103 0091)
Nav in motion (texts too). 7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xxxx (was 5553 0103 F47A)

04-17-2020 SCCM (As Built)
Change turn signal flash count to 5. 724-01-01 xxxx xAxx xxxx (forgot to take a picture)

04-17-2020 BCM (As built)
DRL full brightness w/headlights. 726-42-01 x2x2 xxxx xxxx (was 0303 0404 0583)

04-23-2020 BCM (English)
Panic activate (Double Click). (Was Pulse Click.)

04-23-2020 Global windows close (takes 4 actions)
BCM (English) Global windows close (Remote).
DDM (English) Global windows close (Enabled). (Driver’s window.)
IPC (English) Global windows close (Enabled).
*This added a check box option in settings/advanced settings/vehicle/windows for closing them.
PDM (English) Global windows close (Enabled). (Passenger’s window.)

Today's changes on windows closing was me being brave and going out on my own. All the others I have found on forums/files as good for 2020 trucks. I first tried the 2017-19 as built files with no luck/getting not compatible errors, etc then went from there. For a bit only the passengers window would go up then once I got to the DDM (English) both windows would go up. Had me spooked for a bit. lol I just hit up (English) files that the 2017-19 notes said change as built files and found stuff about the windows and selected and moved on. I did see some stuff about rear windows but didn't mess with those to see what happens.

These worked for my gas truck. "Most" should work on a Diesel. Except maybe the temp above gauges. I think it is a different code due to boost gauge. All of my notes are specific to my truck/build and what worked for me.

Tom
Tom,
I just used your programing above, I want to thank you, it made my mods much easier to work with. However I have some questions that are in the IPC Module.
Chimes vehicle running with door open. The option it shows says "Automatic Transmission", you show disabled. I did not go any further into making the change, thought I better ask first. Therefore I don't know what the options were in the pop up screen to make the change. Did you see the same thing?

Disable Triple Ding at start up. You show before your change the value was 220B 50A7, mine shows 221B 90F7. I did not place the 2 in the second position of the second value. Again thought I would get an opinion first.

Call me spooked, but my truck is not even a week old and I didn't want any problems.....Everything else was a no brainer. Love this forum, could not have ever done this without everybody's help.

Tom,
I just used your programing above, I want to thank you, it made my mods much easier to work with. However I have some questions that are in the IPC Module.
Chimes vehicle running with door open. The option it shows says "Automatic Transmission", you show disabled. I did not go any further into making the change, thought I better ask first. Therefore I don't know what the options were in the pop up screen to make the change. Did you see the same thing?

Disable Triple Ding at start up. You show before your change the value was 220B 50A7, mine shows 221B 90F7. I did not place the 2 in the second position of the second value. Again thought I would get an opinion first.

Call me spooked, but my truck is not even a week old and I didn't want any problems.....Everything else was a no brainer. Love this forum, could not have ever done this without everybody's help.
I'd need to renew my forscan to go back in looking. Off the top of my head I do not recall at all seeing anything about Automatic Transmission when choosing disabled on the seat Chimes/door open stuff on the IPC Module. I'm fairly certain it was enabled or disabled. Just looked at my scratch notes to be sure and they say I chose disabled.

On the other maybe something is different on our builds that makes the numbers slightly different. I'd say add the 2 and see what happens. Some of the stuff I did was experimenting. Take a snap shot before, try it and if it didn't work reverse.

I haven't touched forscan since that post. Everything i did is solid on my truck.

Tom

I'd need to renew my forscan to go back in looking. Off the top of my head I do not recall at all seeing anything about Automatic Transmission when choosing disabled on the seat Chimes/door open stuff on the IPC Module. I'm fairly certain it was enabled or disabled. Just looked at my scratch notes to be sure and they say I chose disabled.

On the other maybe something is different on our builds that makes the numbers slightly different. I'd say add the 2 and see what happens. Some of the stuff I did was experimenting. Take a snap shot before, try it and if it didn't work reverse.

I haven't touched forscan since that post. Everything i did is solid on my truck.

Tom
Thanks Tom, thanks for getting back to me. Next up I have to get rid of that obnoxious parking break chime.

Thanks Tom, thanks for getting back to me. Next up I have to get rid of that obnoxious parking break chime.
That thing drives me a little nuts too. Never looked into it though.

Tom

That thing drives me a little nuts too. Never looked into it though.

Tom
1000000% worth it i removed all the Chimes because fuck all of them

I had an old P71 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. It had a "police" mode that disabled the interior lights when doors opened. From what I've seen the "police mode" on ForSCAN disables some DRL and taillights though? Is there something else to allow the interior lights to only be switched on manually?
*edit: I know "police idle" is different.

Okay, giant fail. I purchased the OBDLink EX FORScan OBD adapter (the one with the USB connector), and it doesn't work. Plugged it in, get a red light, which means the drivers are not updated. I spent 2 hours trying to update drivers, to no avail.

Anyone have success with this model, or should I grab the bluetooth OBDLink MX+ model (https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Blue...dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=d_spr_cnfrm_rcmdn_wdgt_T2_1).

Help please!

By the way, downloaded Forscan no problem, got an account hooked up and everything. Just need an OBD module that works.

Okay, giant fail. I purchased the OBDLink EX FORScan OBD adapter (the one with the USB connector), and it doesn't work. Plugged it in, get a red light, which means the drivers are not updated. I spent 2 hours trying to update drivers, to no avail.

Anyone have success with this model, or should I grab the bluetooth OBDLink MX+ model (https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Blue...dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=d_spr_cnfrm_rcmdn_wdgt_T2_1).

Help please!

By the way, downloaded Forscan no problem, got an account hooked up and everything. Just need an OBD module that works.

I have the same unit and probably one of the better options from research I did. I’d return and get new one. I had to update drivers manually and had no issue.

Help please!

Did you try the links to drivers in the Q/A section for that item on Amazon? Just reading the reviews and it seems like it is picky about drivers and installing them. Also there is some tricks, etc listed there as well. Several said switching ports worked.

Tom

Tried it on completely different computer. Doesn't recognize it. Returning for the Bluetooth version.

Why doesn't it come pre loaded with drivers? definitely not plug and play. China junk.

Tried it on completely different computer. Doesn't recognize it. Returning for the Bluetooth version.

Why doesn't it come pre loaded with drivers? definitely not plug and play. China junk.

Bluetooth version still requires appropriate driver for your computer and also can have connectivity issues which you don’t want when writing data to the modules. Cable is the best option. The developers of Forscan recommend the EX that you have presently.

Bluetooth version still requires appropriate driver for your computer and also can have connectivity issues which you don’t want when writing data to the modules. Cable is the best option. The developers of Forscan recommend the EX that you have presently.
Well, crap. I guess I will send back and buy another one. Maybe it will work better the 2nd go.

I have the same unit and probably one of the better options from research I did. I’d return and get new one. I had to update drivers manually and had no issue.
I have the same OBDII link for my truck. No issues with it. My laptop downloaded the updates automatically, I didn’t have to search for them.
Sounds like a defective unit, I would return it for replacement.

I tried changing splash screen and chimes leaving cabin in the non as built and lost drive mode for both. Tried putting DPF% on screen and wouldn’t take. Have not had much luck making changes.

I have the same OBDII link for my truck. No issues with it. My laptop downloaded the updates automatically, I didn’t have to search for them.
Sounds like a defective unit, I would return it for replacement.
New one came in today, works great. Connected to pc, auto downloaded drivers, turned yellow.

Thanks.

The Forscan provided spreadsheet with codes does not match the codes I see on the Tremor. They don't match at all. How did you guys do it?

Okay, after researching:
  • 2020 codes are different than 2017-2019; need the new spreadsheet from the FTE site.
  • Most of the popular changes are now in the non-as-built sections

Back