DEAL FordTremor.com May 2021 Group Buy!

All kinda depends on the angle of view. I guess the passenger side is a bit higher.

View attachment 25312

View attachment 25313

That looks about right to me. So long as the clamp is sitting flush with the linkage (all the four corners of the clamp are touching at the same torque) and it’s clamped at the right spot (1/8” reveal on the shaft when wheels are turned to the passenger side stops) then it’s all good. ?

That looks about right to me. So long as the clamp is sitting flush with the linkage (all the four corners of the clamp are touching at the same torque) and it’s clamped at the right spot (1/8” reveal on the shaft when wheels are turned to the passenger side stops) then it’s all good. ?
Thanks! I took extra attention on the clamp and tightened each corner a little in a cross cross pattern to the right torque on each so I expect it should be good to go. Thanks for the input!

Yup, waiting for fox to contact me about sending it back.
Anything back from Fox? I just looked at mine yesterday and there is a little bit of red grease in the bag. Not sure if I should follow you’re route or not. There’s hardly any grease in the bag but….?

Anything back from Fox? I just looked at mine yesterday and there is a little bit of red grease in the bag. Not sure if I should follow you’re route or not. There’s hardly any grease in the bag but….?
Red grease is the internal oil leaking out. I would send it back. You don’t want it to fail after installation.

I have the same problem,anyone have there contact info for someone at FOX
It sure seems like a lot of us are having this problem. I just started the warranty return process on mine for the same reason. I just emailed their support team at the email from the contact us section of their website. Anybody know how shipping on this is supposed to work? Do I have to pay to ship it in?

I just opened mine and same thing RED oil in the bag right where the reservoir connects. Guess Im in the same boat....ugh

Hey y'all, i just spoke with Frank @ Stage3 and he was aware of the issues but was a little bit more concerned when i mention how many there are now. he was going to see what his Tech team says and see what FOX is now saying. he said to hold tight and he will get back to us Sending him pics now

Attachments

• IMG-3497.jpg
    IMG-3497.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-3498.jpg
    IMG-3498.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-3501.jpg
    IMG-3501.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-3502.jpg
    IMG-3502.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 33
Here’s a few of how mine look. Not horrible but definitely some grease.
EC1229ED-4868-417D-9D0D-E0752BFB4322.jpeg
0955685B-88AA-4107-B671-E5EA0D3C8458.jpeg
696CCB92-95F5-47F0-87C4-5E094BED8F1F.jpeg

If rather deal with any issues before I try and mount it.

Mine is the same. Called Frank last Thursday after receiving it. He said I was not the first to mention it and also said he would get back to me. I told him it looked like wheel bearing grease not hydraulic fluid but would wait for him to reach out to Fox and get back to me. Not in a rush but if it a problem I can wait for a new vs refurbished unit.

ok Guys here is Franks Reply

Chris,

I was hoping that wasn’t the case but I just wanted to verify before I told you anything. Apparently their last batch had some issues, and of course it fell right during the group buy.

You can email Chris in our warranty department with your order number and he will instruct you what do.

[email protected]

Thanks again

Frank

I got a response back from Chris a week ago stating fox will be contacting me and have yet to hear anything. If I don't hear anything by the weekend I will be shoot an email over to fox and see what they say.

I got a response back from Chris a week ago stating fox will be contacting me and have yet to hear anything. If I don't hear anything by the weekend I will be shoot an email over to fox and see what they say.
I think with the amount that they are hearing about, they might be wanting to collect them all together and do one mass rebuild return to FOX

Mine is the same. Called Frank last Thursday after receiving it. He said I was not the first to mention it and also said he would get back to me. I told him it looked like wheel bearing grease not hydraulic fluid but would wait for him to reach out to Fox and get back to me. Not in a rush but if it a problem I can wait for a new vs refurbished unit.
Chris said a rebuild would be the way to go. Hand built is more of a guarantee vs getting a new one with the same issue. I don’t know if I would install one right now. Might fail prematurely.

Fox switched to red oil. Fox's JM92 red shock oil is designed to last longer under heavy use. This oil is more resistant to shock fade from high oil temperatures.

Fox switched to red oil. Fox's JM92 red shock oil is designed to last longer under heavy use. This oil is more resistant to shock fade from high oil temperatures.
OK, it’s just that this stuff has the consistency of grease not light oil as if whoever packed the damper in the plastic bag had a blob of grease on his glove or hand when he did it. If Fox says otherwise who am I to argue…

OK, it’s just that this stuff has the consistency of grease not light oil as if whoever packed the damper in the plastic bag had a blob of grease on his glove or hand when he did it. If Fox says otherwise who am I to argue…
I originally thought the same thing. But then I read they switched from the other oil to the red one. And everyone’s leak is where the reservoir screws in. If it was by the shaft itself I would pass it off as grease. But there should be no grease by the reservoir

Back