Fly Fishing: A gathering place for those who like to stand in a river waving a stick around.

To be a proper fly fisherman don’t you need to drink your coffee with a pinkie extended and show up in a Subaru with Coexist, Biden, and similar stickers plastered all over the back?

I keed, I keed… sorta.
hahaha the persona and elitism behind fly fishing is pretty lame...to be honest. I love it, but its true

GREAT POST…. Also incredibly useful to me personally. I loved the Black Hills when we passed through them but didn’t really get to enjoy them for any real time. I had thought about a week or two just to visit the Black Hills area and if I can fish all the better! Keep it up!
It's an awesome area. We really like the Rapid City area and have been back twice in the last 2 years (not many places we can say that about).

To be a proper fly fisherman don’t you need to drink your coffee with a pinkie extended and show up in a Subaru with Coexist, Biden, and similar stickers plastered all over the back?

I keed, I keed… sorta.
You forgot the No Pebble Mine sticker. 😂

I keed, I keed… sorta.
Ummmm no…. You need a second Gen Tacoma with a bunch of fly fishing stickers, a River Quiver on the rack and a bunch of flies on your dash….

Headed to the mccloud and hat Creek for a few days. Hoping to catch some more footballs!
1000055298.jpg

Early October in Michigan is casually insane.

8wts at minimum, often wishing you had a 10.
I’m less than an hour from the Salmon River. Used to fish it all the time but I just got sick of the crowds. I do still enjoy the Browns and Steelhead occasionally I should get up a little more often come to think of it.

I’m less than an hour from the Salmon River. Used to fish it all the time but I just got sick of the crowds. I do still enjoy the Browns and Steelhead occasionally I should get up a little more often come to think of it.
Baldwin is where I go

I know it’s not the same but anybody ever have the chance to catch some Trout in South Central Texas?

Last edited:
Damn, you're lucky to have gotten "your" honeymoon 😉
I’m blessed to have a wife that enjoys a lot of the things I enjoy. From mountain biking Palo Duro Canyon, to hiking the long route up Pikes Peak, to snow shoeing up Exit glacier in Alaska, she’s been 100% down for it all.

I’m blessed to have a wife that enjoys a lot of the things I enjoy. From mountain biking Palo Duro Canyon, to hiking the long route up Pikes Peak, to snow shoeing up Exit glacier in Alaska, she’s been 100% down for it all.
Mine doesn't like fishing unless it's a stocked pond 🤣

That's why she gave me 2 kids 😉

Mine doesn't like fishing unless it's a stocked pond 🤣

That's why she gave me 2 kids 😉
Best place to fish is off a tailgate!! However, I’m jealous of where you’re at. I spent a few months training at FLETC over in Charleston. Almost daily, if weather was good, I’d head down to Sullivans Island/Isle of Palms and fish the inlets. Took a guide out of Shems Creek and caught some nice reds and sharks.

Best place to fish is off a tailgate!! However, I’m jealous of where you’re at. I spent a few months training at FLETC over in Charleston. Almost daily, if weather was good, I’d head down to Sullivans Island/Isle of Palms and fish the inlets. Took a guide out of Shems Creek and caught some nice reds and sharks.
I did a lightning protection install on FLETC a few years back 👍

I know it’s not the same but anybody ever have the chance to catch some Trout in South Central Texas?View attachment 154539
Hahahaha. Ok so I’m gonna poke fun at you for a second but please know it’s all in jest…

Leave it to a Texan to “lip” a freaking trout!!! WTF!!!! That’s not how you handle a poor trout!!!! On second thought look at those fins…. That poor fish has had a hard life in a concrete pond. In answer to your question no, I have not fished for trout in Texas. There are some AMAZING trout in AZ and NM though so maybe TX has some legit trout water. Now, no more lipping trout, it’s not a freaking bass!!! Hahahaha.

Back