First winch respool and prelim front LSD test, with pics!

Langosta39

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Waiting on '21 F350 Tremor 7.3 Lariat Ultimate Rapid Red
Current Ride #2
2012 Chevy Volt
Hey All,

I had the Tremor out in some snow today to rewind the winch cable with a load on it. With synthetic rope you're supposed to leave 10 wraps on the drum and I was concerned that it'd be hard to tell what 10 was, but Warn conveniently colored the last bit of rope in red and made it from something a bit heavier than the main part of the line. It's definitely more than 10 wraps of red which is nice but I'm not sure exactly how long it is. I should have measured how much was spooled out at that point but it was close to 3 truck lengths. The wireless remote was sweet.

PXL_20201227_222957138.jpg

PXL_20201227_223003698.jpg

After doing what I went out to do I nosed up a snowy hill and gently spun the tires to see how many would turn with the rear diff unlocked. Happily I found both fronts quickly digging dirt. Then locking the rear I tried to go further up unsuccessfully, but was pleased to see all 4 tires throwing dirt. A little momentum took me to the top, but there was no way this 160" wheelbase was going over the crest!
PXL_20201227_225522243.jpg

PXL_20201227_225537883.jpg

PXL_20201227_225551912.jpg

PXL_20201227_230327635.jpg

Next time I will go out much sooner before kids' nap times so I can play more!

Sweet test. Sounds like something I would do if I had my tremor. Still on order...

Good write up.. I need to spool mine out and reload it with some tension myself...

I got it dirty yesterday! It is amazing how fast the Duratracks dig in soft stuff. My old truck on Michelin highway tires would just spin on top, so I might have to train myself to back off when the ground gets gooey. Traction control on normal mode is way too sensitive and momentum is lost quick when the bottom gives out, that's for sure. I wish I could give my kids a camera and kick them out of the truck for footage...maybe I need a drone!

I got it dirty yesterday! It is amazing how fast the Duratracks dig in soft stuff. My old truck on Michelin highway tires would just spin on top, so I might have to train myself to back off when the ground gets gooey. Traction control on normal mode is way too sensitive and momentum is lost quick when the bottom gives out, that's for sure. I wish I could give my kids a camera and kick them out of the truck for footage...maybe I need a drone!
4low disable all traction control

Back