MattBaldy

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
Prior Service - USAF
Current Ride
My own two feet
Current Ride #2
On order as of 1AUG21 - 2022 6.7L Platinum Tremor in Atlas Blue!
So there is an amazing amount of information on this site and an even more amazing amount of wisdom too! I ordered my 6.7L Platinum Tremor on Aug 17th. I don't have a build date or anything like that and I'm good with that. But as many of you have done, I would like to start looking at a few upgrades.
To start with, I have a budget of about $1,000 (initially, other upgrades will come in time). I live in an area with all four seasons, we have trails, mountains, rivers, and all of the fun stuff! I primarily haul our 34' TT (aprox. 7,500 lbs) to boondock a few times a month. Otherwise, it's primarily my daily commuter. I'm married with five kids, four living; ages 12, 9, 4, and 2. With all of that background, what would be your recommendations if you had my current budget and knowing what you know now?

Planned purchases:
Floor mats (kids, duh!)
Mud flaps
Stubby antenna (have one on my F-150 and I love them)
...?

Fire away! Thanks, all!

Floor mats, hands down the first and easiest thing. You did get the carpet delete, yes? :D

Door sill protectors from V1-cut.com. I got the blank/non-lettered variant. https://v1-cut.com/collections/truc...350-2017-21-sill-plate?variant=37862528680112

Jimmi jammers. Front door, rear door, tailgate, and hood.

TheOCDPlug pillar scratch preventer film: https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/f150-pillar-protectors

Fox steering stabilizer or King equivalent (Carli would be over budget for upper and lower kit)

I ordered the hood protector with the lights in it. Amazon had an amazing deal at 123.00. Normally 160 everywhere else.
Ordered black and silver american flag valve stem covers, they looked cool and I think on the black wheel will be sharp. Ordered the 12 inch screen protector as well.

Floor mats, hands down the first and easiest thing. You did get the carpet delete, yes? :D

Door sill protectors from V1-cut.com. I got the blank/non-lettered variant.

Fox steering stabilizer or King equivalent (Carli would be over budget for upper and lower kit)
I didn't know about the carpet delete when I ordered. I'm not sure I want to at this point. I do like having the carpet underneath and not even for sound dampening. I like the idea of the door sill protectors, especially with little trying to climb up in the truck.
I would love to get the Carli set up, and that is one I plan on saving for down the road for sure.

I ordered the hood protector with the lights in it. Amazon had an amazing deal at 123.00. Normally 160 everywhere else.
Ordered black and silver american flag valve stem covers, they looked cool and I think on the black wheel will be sharp. Ordered the 12 inch screen protector as well.
I have seen screen protector and really like that idea. Again, little fingers can get messy or just love to pound on things WAY harder than they should! :oops::eek:

I didn't know about the carpet delete when I ordered. I'm not sure I want to at this point. I do like having the carpet underneath and not even for sound dampening. I like the idea of the door sill protectors, especially with little trying to climb up in the truck.
I would love to get the Carli set up, and that is one I plan on saving for down the road for sure.
I revised my post a little bit. If you need Jimmi jammer part #s, let me know. Will save you alot of time.

I would edit your order and add the carpet delete especially with kids. If you search the forum you’ll find a bunch of photos of what it looks like.

It’s not like the work trucks without carpet it’s more like the actual fuzzy carpet part is replaced with vinyl or whatever the material is.

I bought my off the lot but in the future if I can order a truck I will definitely add it and if I can find it on the lot I’d pick it.

Also since you have kids I’d get some seat covers of some sort to protect the leather seats. Once they’re old enough you could take them off but I wouldn’t want them to get all messed up.

I would edit your order and add the carpet delete especially with kids. If you search the forum you’ll find a bunch of photos of what it looks like.

It’s not like the work trucks without carpet it’s more like the actual fuzzy carpet part is replaced with vinyl or whatever the material is.

I bought my off the lot but in the future if I can order a truck I will definitely add it and if I can find it on the lot I’d pick it.

Also since you have kids I’d get some seat covers of some sort to protect the leather seats. Once they’re old enough you could take them off but I wouldn’t want them to get all messed up.
OK, OK, OK, I get it!! 😜

Just emailed my sales rep and asked for the delete! I do think I'll be really happy with that!

OK, OK, OK, I get it!! 😜

Just emailed my sales rep and asked for the delete! I do think I'll be really happy with that!
When I first heard about it I was like who would want the crappy work truck interior on a nice truck after having seen and been around hundreds of trucks with it. Then after I saw photos of it I wish I had it. Would make it much easier to clean the dog hair and other stuff that normally gets stuck to carpet.

I did mud flaps, floor mats first, window tints, 20,000 k fifth wheel hitch in the bed. Full Color correction and ceramic coat.

Then on to the fun stuff, wheels, tires, shock upgrades, Banks pedal monster ( which I am not in love with ). Fox dual steering stabilizers. .......

on board air, ..............just keep going

If you didn't order your truck with it, a Spray-in Bed liner would be my first investment. There's as many Mud Flaps options available as there are opinions on which ones are best. Same goes for Floor Mats and Hood/Bug shields. I had a fit over how the stock Goodyear Duratracs performed. Theres plenty to read on that subject, I believe Air Pressure is the biggest culprit. Good luck .. Don't worry, theres plenty of us here to help you spend your money. 😂 .. 🍻 ..!!

I didn’t see anyone else add this one, and it’s not very fun, but do you need to upgrade your hitch? Drop and receiver size should be taken into consideration for your Travel Trailer, and/or other future towing needs. 6.7 will come with the 3” receiver. Most of us are running adjustables with 7”-8” drop being most common.
On a more fun note, I’m very happy with my Builtright bedrack system and it’s ability to accommodate all sorts of accessories. Highly recommend as a possible upgrade as well. Good luck and welcome to the forum! 🍻

If you didn't order your truck with it, a Spray-in Bed liner would be my first investment. There's as many Mud Flaps options available as there are opinions on which ones are best. Same goes for Floor Mats and Hood/Bug shields. I had a fit over how the stock Goodyear Duratracs performed. Theres plenty to read on that subject, I believe Air Pressure is the biggest culprit. Good luck .. Don't worry, theres plenty of us here to help you spend your money. 😂 .. 🍻 ..!!
#TRUTH! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest Discussions

Back