Factory Tremor Shock Life

on my 2nd warranty set now at 18k miles see how long these ones last. then its FOX 2.0 for me. Main reason I go with fox is because I like how they ride Vs. the 5100 and the Fox 2.0 are rebuildable, the Billstein 5100 is not.
I was in this same boat first set replaced at around 4000 miles and second went around 20,000 miles then I decided on bilstein 5100s all around. So glad I did wish I did it sooner

are these fairly easy to install ? is there a good place to mount the reservoir ? are they reservoir front and rear ? are they direct bolt on to a stock tremor ?
They are really easy to install. In the rear the external reservoir is attached to the main shock body with a supplied clamp. In the front you mount a supplied bracket to the frame and then strap the reservoir to it. There are different lengths available. I used the 0-1.5" versions all around.

IMG_3951 Medium.jpeg

IMG_3362 Medium.jpeg

They are really easy to install. In the rear the external reservoir is attached to the main shock body with a supplied clamp. In the front you mount a supplied bracket to the frame and then strap the reservoir to it. There are different lengths available. I used the 0-1.5" versions all around.

View attachment 145873

View attachment 145874
so cool. thank you

Your only happy with them because you don't know what a good set feels like. I can say this because I was like you before I finally made the switch. Absolutely incredible difference is all I can say.
Not true, outside of being the Lead Fleet Tech in charge of a large utility fleet of 130 vehicles for 25 years had a set of these on my last truck:

Screenshot_23-2-2024_171638_.jpeg

Sonl who makes the tremor shocks? Rancho? Is this maybe the reason for the rear end or back of the truck kinda shuddering over small ish bumps?. I wasnt sure if I was just being to critical but maybe they are junk...

Sonl who makes the tremor shocks? Rancho? Is this maybe the reason for the rear end or back of the truck kinda shuddering over small ish bumps?. I wasnt sure if I was just being to critical but maybe they are junk...
I believe Rancho makes them, but you are correct, they are JUNK.

Hi All,
Hoping someone could help me out. I currently own a 2022 f250 and have been exploring options on upgrading my suspension. I reached out to Accutune via email and asked what options would fit my needs. They provided an option but it was “stock height” with no lift. I stated that I have a tremor and my understanding is that it’s around ~2 inches taller than stock. They replied back with the below. Could someone confirm this is true? Additionally, does anyone know if the Carli torsion sway bar with end links will work with Accutune shocks?

Thanks in advance!

• Accutune various reponses, “The Kings are actually a really good match since you have the Tremor Package which helps to correct some fitment issues that the 21+ trucks have been having.…You will want to look at "Stock Height" options on your website since you have a Tremor Package which makes you "Stock Height" for a 2017+ Superduty.…The 21+ trucks sit lower than the 2017-2020, but no one makes 21+ shocks yet. So once you have a Tremor, now you match the "Stock height" dimensions of a 2017-2020”
  • Suspension they suggested: https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/kit-2-5-king-r-r-adjusters-17-super-duty-stock-height/

• Accutune various reponses, “The Kings are actually a really good match since you have the Tremor Package which helps to correct some fitment issues that the 21+ trucks have been having.…You will want to look at "Stock Height" options on your website since you have a Tremor Package which makes you "Stock Height" for a 2017+ Superduty.…The 21+ trucks sit lower than the 2017-2020, but no one makes 21+ shocks yet. So once you have a Tremor, now you match the "Stock height" dimensions of a 2017-2020”
This matches my understanding of what I've read on the internet. Mine are arriving on Friday so I'll know more soon.

Those are going to be good shocks, the Foxs with the DSCs are going to be a step above them. The 2.0 Foxs are going to be a step below but also very good shocks. The DSCs make a big difference in how they feel.

Reactions: SJK
Hi All,
Hoping someone could help me out. I currently own a 2022 f250 and have been exploring options on upgrading my suspension. I reached out to Accutune via email and asked what options would fit my needs. They provided an option but it was “stock height” with no lift. I stated that I have a tremor and my understanding is that it’s around ~2 inches taller than stock. They replied back with the below. Could someone confirm this is true? Additionally, does anyone know if the Carli torsion sway bar with end links will work with Accutune shocks?

Thanks in advance!

• Suspension they suggested: https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/kit-2-5-king-r-r-adjusters-17-super-duty-stock-height/

What Accutune seems to be saying is that the Tremor isn't far off from the height of a stock 17-19 SD. So a shock spec'd for a stock 17-19 will work fine on a Tremor optioned truck. That is true, I would go as far as to say that same shock would also work on a 2020+ non Tremor without issue. You're really working with a compressed and extended length when fitting shocks. I don't believe a Tremor has any more or less uptravel than a non tremor. I wouldn't expect to see much difference at all in shock dimensions if you were to have a 17-19, 20+ non Tremor, and 20+ Tremor shock side by side.

Carli did some R&D on the Tremor vs non Tremor and published numbers based on their findings. I think their numbers are a little high on average, but it's insignificant in regards to the shock sizing in this case. From what I've seen, the 20-22 Super Duty, on average, was lowered 1/2" in front (Carli came up with 1") and about 1"-1-1/4" in the rear compared to the 17-19 Super Duty. The Tremor pkg coils make for no more than 1" higher (maybe closer to 1/2") than the 17-19 up front, and uses the same size block as the 17-19 in the rear. That small 1" or less difference has no affect on the shock performance.
Even non Tremor SD's, depending on build, can vary in ride height by up to an inch.

You'll have to ask Carli about that sway bar. If they say it works on a stock 17-19 SD then it should work on your stock Tremor.

Edit- I just checked out their site again and noticed their leveled shock set says 1"-2.5" of lift. If it were me buying I would ask for shock dimensions of the front shocks for both stock and leveled applications. Maybe the leveled shock would work and give the most wheel travel.

Last edited:
This matches my understanding of what I've read on the internet. Mine are arriving on Friday so I'll know more soon.

Those are going to be good shocks, the Foxs with the DSCs are going to be a step above them. The 2.0 Foxs are going to be a step below but also very good shocks. The DSCs make a big difference in how they feel.
are you getting the kings ? do they also have to be rebuilt as often as the fox ?

are you getting the kings ? do they also have to be rebuilt as often as the fox ?
Fox.

You're going to have to rebuild either just as often. This really goes with any shock and has to do with contamination getting past the seals into the oil and heat degrading the oil at high speeds off road. Just a lot of shocks aren't rebuildable so they don't mention it. The schedule is just a suggestion and you can wait until you notice degraded performance if you'd rather.

Fox.

You're going to have to rebuild either just as often. This really goes with any shock and has to do with contamination getting past the seals into the oil and heat degrading the oil at high speeds off road. Just a lot of shocks aren't rebuildable so they don't mention it. The schedule is just a suggestion and you can wait until you notice degraded performance if you'd rather.
thank you

Latest Discussions

Back