My thoughts exactly, maybe Texas heat is really that bad but that still sounds extremely ridiculous for lead acid batteries to last only 2 years. Costco interstate batteries if I recall have 3 year free replacement warranty and Ford replacement batteries have the warranty belowMy motorcraft batteries have lasted over 10 years in all my vehicles. I wonder why you guys are only getting 2 years out of them? Are you running off the batteries a lot with the truck not running?
When my truck battery finally goes, I'll probably build my own battery with some LTO cells. I already replaced my computer UPS SLA batteries with lithium batteries LFP cells when they fail and it's not really all that different.
Motorcraft® Tested Tough® PLUS
- 18-month free replacement period*
- 84-month limited warranty*
- Economical, reliable performance
- Authorized as original equipment replacement for all Ford Motor Company vehicles
- 36-month free replacement*
- Limited warranty for 100 months with unlimited mileage*
- Reduced charging time
- Long-life alloys that provide excellent performance in high-heat applications