Engine Bay Detail

Just a light wiping couple times a month is all it takes. 47,000+ miles!
1000003851.jpg

No issue with this at all... I'll also add that a little dust dirt isn't hurting anything either.
Agreed...The hood light was throwing shadows on the motor from mud on it.
I wiped it off but figured maybe I should clean everything else...

I just rinse it down and then lightly wash it with a hoar hair detailing brush rinsed in a bucket of hot water with some PH neutral car wash soap. Works wonders.
Which part of the hoar are you getting the hair from? And is she perfectly fine with it? Does it cost extra?😂

I don't get the concern over water in the engine bay. Ever stop and pop the hood when driving in heavy rain? Everything is soaked.

I found the regular runs through the automated car wash was causing some soap build up. A couple of times a year I just warm it up and wash it down with the hose and garden sprayer. No need to add soap. Now it's not a polish job but it works. Keeps it clean enough.

I mix Warm Water and Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. Spray it until my hearts content, let is sit a few minutes, then rinse. I use a cordless blower to dry it .. 🍻
This is what I do. I’ll spay it down with tire foam if I feel like it.

I don't get the concern over water in the engine bay. Ever stop and pop the hood when driving in heavy rain? Everything is soaked.

I found the regular runs through the automated car wash was causing some soap build up. A couple of times a year I just warm it up and wash it down with the hose and garden sprayer. No need to add soap. Now it's not a polish job but it works. Keeps it clean enough.
I don’t get concerned either, we hose the engines in our squad cars off during inspection, never had an issue.

I mix Warm Water and Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle. Spray it until my hearts content, let is sit a few minutes, then rinse. I use a cordless blower to dry it .. 🍻

I have done basically the same thing a few times. I might try to agitate some of the areas that are easy to get to with a cheap chip brush. After using the blower I'll sometimes spray and wipe some tire dressing.

Speaking of tire dressing...when I picked up/purchased my truck, they must have done a quick detail and got carried away with rubber/plastic dressing under the hood. I popped the hood with the salesman and found puddles of the stuff hahaha. He shook his head and quickly took it to the back for them to clean up the excess.

Latest Discussions

Back