Driveline rear axle noise "looking for advice"

skyballs

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f350 tremor 6.7
I've been experiencing a noise that seems to only happen when slowing down at the lights and then pulling away again.

*also please note that the rear axle recall resulted in a dealership installing the wrong bolts and has caused the rear axle to look like is out of line. Ford Canada is dealing with the u-bolt issue and axle realignment. but I am concerned that this noise may be related to extra stress on the rear end.

had a rear dif service a few month back also!

Any idea if the noise is something weird going on in the rear end?

SEE VIDEO

Woah, not a good sound.

Sounds like the parking pawl in the 10R140, no?

Quite possibly. Would this be a contributing factor if the axle was not aligned properly when it had the axle recall weld and subsequently also installed the wrong u bolt which may be the cause of the axle shifting to one side.

Quite possibly. Would this be a contributing factor if the axle was not aligned properly when it had the axle recall weld and subsequently also installed the wrong u bolt which may be the cause of the axle shifting to one side.
Thoughts @fordguy74656

He hasn't been on since April :(
☹️ hopefully I will hear back about the recall in the next few days addressing the incorrect parts being used on the axle recall. Some how I belive the clicking noise is related to this being to the shoddy recall work done before.

It making clicking noise noise whilst driving also so something isn’t right.

Back