Ceramic tint on moon roof

Lupa

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Raptor
Anyone have ceramic tint on their moon roof? I've got Llumar Air Blue 80 on the windshield of my raptor and it makes a huge difference in cab heat.

I got every bit of my glass done a few weeks ago. So far I can tell it has helped... will know for sure come July and August

I got every bit of my glass done a few weeks ago. So far I can tell it has helped... will know for sure come July and August
You're going to love it, it makes a massive difference. I'm wondering about any downsides to doing the clear ceramic on the moon roof. On the raptor forum, there was discussion about aftermarket tint on the moon roof potentially causing the moon roof to shatter in real hot climates, but that was for dark tint (I assume it really could get hot being black). I can't recall any discussion about the clear ceramic though.

You're going to love it, it makes a massive difference. I'm wondering about any downsides to doing the clear ceramic on the moon roof. On the raptor forum, there was discussion about aftermarket tint on the moon roof potentially causing the moon roof to shatter in real hot climates, but that was for dark tint (I assume it really could get hot being black). I can't recall any discussion about the clear ceramic though.
I've heard that too. When they did my sunroof they did go a little darker and I love the fact its darker. However I think ill open the sunroof on the hot date to let it vent. Maybe that'll help some

The clear ceramic is some awesome stuff. The only negative I know of (and it is minor) is when you're wearing polarized sunglasses you get a little weird rainbow glare. Never bothered me and quite honestly the ceramic does such a good job you don't really need sunglasses any way.

They did my sunroof pretty dark and I agree I like it a little darker... I hope everything goes well with it though, I wasn't aware about they shattering issue. To my eye, they even did the windshield with a slight tint? I don't think it is clear but I guess I could be wrong.

They did my sunroof pretty dark and I agree I like it a little darker... I hope everything goes well with it though, I wasn't aware about they shattering issue. To my eye, they even did the windshield with a slight tint? I don't think it is clear but I guess I could be wrong.
Yep had mine done. They told me 70% is what they did and you can’t really notice a difference. I can see it but it’s very minimal.

I need to, had my other car done with the ceramic tint, full glass including sun roof. They told me with the ceramic IR they recommended no darker than 30% , can anyone confirm that????

I am pretty sure that llumar air blue 80 they put on my windshield was 70%. Quite honestly it does not appear tinted at all, but it is astounding how much it eliminates the brightness of the sun and it is even more impressive how much cooler the truck cab is on hot days.

I got the sunroof tinted with 40% 3M Crystalline and it is amazing. Knocks down a ton of heat.

I am pretty sure that llumar air blue 80 they put on my windshield was 70%. Quite honestly it does not appear tinted at all, but it is astounding how much it eliminates the brightness of the sun and it is even more impressive how much cooler the truck cab is on hot days.
Is yours more blue or grey? The llumar Air only comes in 80 or 90 I believe.

I had the Air 80 with a brow put on my windshield, IRX 30 on front and rear windows, and IRX 20 on my sunroof. I definitely noticed the difference when it hit 97 degrees two days ago.

I was really hesitant to do the windshield but am glad I did it.

Is yours more blue or grey? The llumar Air only comes in 80 or 90 I believe.

I had the Air 80 with a brow put on my windshield, IRX 30 on front and rear windows, and IRX 20 on my sunroof. I definitely noticed the difference when it hit 97 degrees two days ago.

I was really hesitant to do the windshield but am glad I did it.
You're probably right, it probably is 80% hence the "Blue 80". I can't of missed that LOL. I don't have a moonroof in the raptor, but I've got the blue 80 on the windshield, the darkest South Carolina will allow on the front windows which I believe is 30 and limo tint on the back and rear. Money very well spent in the south. Truly will keep you cool and save the interior.

Any issues at night with your windshield tinted?

Not that I have noticed. I also have not noticed any weirdness with my polarized sun glasses either.

No issues whatsoever with that. The 80% is so light you can barely tell it is on. I mostly did it to reject whatever heat it can.

I wear polarized sunglasses as well and cannot see a rainbow from the inside. The only time I can see it is when I am outside of the truck looking in.

Mines tinted 50%, no problems. Sides are still darker at 20% in the front. Added 35% to the rears.

80% on mine and it functions great.

Back