Hi everyone. Thank you for allowing me to participate in these forums. I look forward to posting and commenting here. I plan to post more pics of my new truck but first I wanted to ask some questions as I'm about to put down a deposit for a full Carli Pathfinder build (was hoping to pay it today), and I wanted to sanity check my plans before I do so.
I just bought (about two months ago) a 2026 F250 Platinum Tremor High Output 6.7 (in Avalanche) with pro-power and some other lesser goodies likes upfitter switches. I started with some upgrades right away, I got the Air Lift 7500XL w Wireless Air and onboard compressor. I also got the Wolfbox rearview mirror / camera system, some Baja Designs lights (A-Pillar and rear), and the Banks iDash (the Banks Pedal Monster is going in next week). I just received a Hornblasters air horn to install, a Starlink mount and some cool US flag embossed mud flaps so installing those this week.
Now to the question. I am looking to get a Carli kit to smooth out the ride. My complaints about the stock F250 Tremor is that it is bumpy, has loose steering and sways a little on the road. I also have a 2024 F150 Platinum Hybrid (also Avalanche) which I'm giving to a family member but I will drive it occasionally as well since it is staying within the family. But coming from the F150 to the F250 I find the ride very jarring (but fun!) and would like to try to get it to drive "closer" to the F150 in terms of road (bump) handling and steering.
I drive mostly unloaded but about 20% to 25% of the time I haul a 20 foot cargo trailer that depending on the load ranges from 4,000 lbs to 10,000 lbs. And currently about 5% of the time I pull a 28' Airstream that is about 9,000 lbs. Next year we plan to take the Airstream out a lot more so that 5% will hopefully climb to 15-20%. My unloaded commutes are usually 30 minutes to 2 hours, often on highways and smooth roads but also often on bumpy country roads and some light off-road - just your basic country land mix of dirt and grass but not anything crazy such as rock crawling. That said - maybe in the future I can do some off-road trips as that sounds fun but I have very little experience with it.
Ok so now that you know my use and what I have currently installed, this is what I'm wanting to get:
- Carli Pathfinder 3.5" kit
- Torsion Sway Bars
- Progressive Leafs
- Upper and Lower Stablizers
Also there are some small add-ons the shop I'm working with mentioned, that would help with on-board scale system and the leaf springs (shackels). But those are the main things listed above. I am keeping my stock 35" tires and wheels that came with the Tremor package so I don't think I need the Radius Arms.
While I'm typing this, the shop just emailed me back saying the Air Lift system I have installed will work with the Carli leaf springs. Uggh. It's been a process trying to figure out what I need (or rather want, since I technically don't need any of this). Originally I wasn't planning to get the rear leaf springs but I have read in these forums that getting the Pathfinder shocks without the leaf springs is less ideal.
Maybe I should just get the Commuter kit instead?
I was ok spending the extra money to have an ideal set up as I use my truck a lot (for work and commutes), it gets great smiles per gallon already but I figured the Carli system will increase that greatly. But I already paid a lot to get the Air Lift system - not sure I want to pay to replace it with something else unless the shop credits me back (it's only been about a month since I had it installed).
Any advice from those of you who have experience with this? Here's a pic of my truck as she sits waiting on her fate (what suspension upgrades will she get?):
I just bought (about two months ago) a 2026 F250 Platinum Tremor High Output 6.7 (in Avalanche) with pro-power and some other lesser goodies likes upfitter switches. I started with some upgrades right away, I got the Air Lift 7500XL w Wireless Air and onboard compressor. I also got the Wolfbox rearview mirror / camera system, some Baja Designs lights (A-Pillar and rear), and the Banks iDash (the Banks Pedal Monster is going in next week). I just received a Hornblasters air horn to install, a Starlink mount and some cool US flag embossed mud flaps so installing those this week.
Now to the question. I am looking to get a Carli kit to smooth out the ride. My complaints about the stock F250 Tremor is that it is bumpy, has loose steering and sways a little on the road. I also have a 2024 F150 Platinum Hybrid (also Avalanche) which I'm giving to a family member but I will drive it occasionally as well since it is staying within the family. But coming from the F150 to the F250 I find the ride very jarring (but fun!) and would like to try to get it to drive "closer" to the F150 in terms of road (bump) handling and steering.
I drive mostly unloaded but about 20% to 25% of the time I haul a 20 foot cargo trailer that depending on the load ranges from 4,000 lbs to 10,000 lbs. And currently about 5% of the time I pull a 28' Airstream that is about 9,000 lbs. Next year we plan to take the Airstream out a lot more so that 5% will hopefully climb to 15-20%. My unloaded commutes are usually 30 minutes to 2 hours, often on highways and smooth roads but also often on bumpy country roads and some light off-road - just your basic country land mix of dirt and grass but not anything crazy such as rock crawling. That said - maybe in the future I can do some off-road trips as that sounds fun but I have very little experience with it.
Ok so now that you know my use and what I have currently installed, this is what I'm wanting to get:
- Carli Pathfinder 3.5" kit
- Torsion Sway Bars
- Progressive Leafs
- Upper and Lower Stablizers
Also there are some small add-ons the shop I'm working with mentioned, that would help with on-board scale system and the leaf springs (shackels). But those are the main things listed above. I am keeping my stock 35" tires and wheels that came with the Tremor package so I don't think I need the Radius Arms.
While I'm typing this, the shop just emailed me back saying the Air Lift system I have installed will work with the Carli leaf springs. Uggh. It's been a process trying to figure out what I need (or rather want, since I technically don't need any of this). Originally I wasn't planning to get the rear leaf springs but I have read in these forums that getting the Pathfinder shocks without the leaf springs is less ideal.
Maybe I should just get the Commuter kit instead?
I was ok spending the extra money to have an ideal set up as I use my truck a lot (for work and commutes), it gets great smiles per gallon already but I figured the Carli system will increase that greatly. But I already paid a lot to get the Air Lift system - not sure I want to pay to replace it with something else unless the shop credits me back (it's only been about a month since I had it installed).
Any advice from those of you who have experience with this? Here's a pic of my truck as she sits waiting on her fate (what suspension upgrades will she get?):
