Carli 3.5 Commuter Installed yesterday

Got the Carli 3.5 Commuter installed yesterday at Galpin Auto Sports in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. Took them a day. Getting the alignment this morning and then going to pick it up.

Truck looks amazing. I'll report back on how it drives later. Pic below was taken post install/pre alignment last night.

View attachment 39454
Would you say the truck is sitting pretty much level with the 3.5 kit??

Would you say the truck is sitting pretty much level with the 3.5 kit??
yes
67718253912__86CD39D6-0A3A-4FB1-B44E-A4924F261106.jpeg

Is the commuter really better than stock? I’m debating between commuter and backcountry but I do tow a lot and am concerned about towing capability. Any advice is appreciated

Is the commuter really better than stock? I’m debating between commuter and backcountry but I do tow a lot and am concerned about towing capability. Any advice is appreciated
Stock shocks are garbage, both the commuter and backcountry will be a million times better than stock.

I bought a full commuter kit with all the goodies. It’s going on this week. I was all over the place for months trying to decide. I’m sure I read every post on this forum. Wanted the pintop first then the e-venture. Finally settled on the commuter. I’m mostly on road, and didn’t want to lose any towing capacity. I’m also adding 20” wheels and 37” Toyo AT III. I wanted 18’s but the wheels I settled on either came in 17 or 20, and again I’m not off road much.

There is so much information available today, choosing whats best suits your needs isn't guess work like it use to be. Forums like this one takes what use to be months on researching down to a few days. Thats the good part. The bad part is y'all tell me shit I'd have never knew anything about let alone heard of before .. 😂😂 ..

I'll add another thing with the commuter, DROP your air pressures to 42F 40R on stock wheel and tires. Get the rear springs if you can swing it. that was a nice change as well.

Another the to remember, Carlie is ala cart so the springs are the same for the commuter and BC and PT so when you need/want to replace them, you can upgrade without replacing everything.

Got the Carli 3.5 Commuter installed yesterday at Galpin Auto Sports in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. Took them a day. Getting the alignment this morning and then going to pick it up.

Truck looks amazing. I'll report back on how it drives later. Pic below was taken post install/pre alignment last night.

View attachment 39454
How much higher does your rear tailgate sit after the lift? I tow a 5th wheel so want to understand the difference. My main goal is to make enough room for 35 inch tires with 20x10 +20 offset wheels that I just tried to install with the new bushwkackers and they rubbed when wheel turned. I need to find just enough lift to eliminate this. Thanks!

I'll add another thing with the commuter, DROP your air pressures to 42F 40R on stock wheel and tires. Get the rear springs if you can swing it. that was a nice change as well.

Another the to remember, Carlie is ala cart so the springs are the same for the commuter and BC and PT so when you need/want to replace them, you can upgrade without replacing everything.

I’ve thought about dropping more than 50/50 psi and not sure I want to try it as much highway driving we do plus I’m running 35” tires

The E Venture has really improved ride quality but it’s worse on expansion joints on older sections of highway that are groves from heavy semi traffic

How much higher does your rear tailgate sit after the lift? I tow a 5th wheel so want to understand the difference. My main goal is to make enough room for 35 inch tires with 20x10 +20 offset wheels that I just tried to install with the new bushwkackers and they rubbed when wheel turned. I need to find just enough lift to eliminate this. Thanks!

From what I understand backspace and offset of the wheels are very important when it comes to rubbing. I keep using the tire offset calculator comparing sizes to factory and how it changes the tire/wheel position

The wheels I wanted are available in 20 but I really think they are ugly and make the ride harsher more jolting but that’s just me

From what I understand backspace and offset of the wheels are very important when it comes to rubbing. I keep using the tire offset calculator comparing sizes to factory and how it changes the tire/wheel position

The wheels I wanted are available in 20 but I really think they are ugly and make the ride harsher more jolting but that’s just me
Which tire offset calculator do you use? Thanks.

Dont know. maybe 2 inches? It was noticeable but not drastic.

Back