Cari Suspension Install Costs

Alpoba

Alpoba
Founding Member
Reaction Points
There has been lots of discussion and open threads on various Carli suspension topics. Everything from their kits to individual components, ride quality, tire sizes, wheels, etc., etc., you name it, it has been covered here in great detail.
But the one topic i found it hard to find information on is the installation costs for Carli suspension kits or components. Every time you ask someone for this information, seems like they are hesitant to reveal it for one reason or another. Or they say that it was included in the overall costs of the work done for them by the auto shop. Or maybe they feel like they overpaid and don’t want to disclose it. I don’t really know what the reason is, but at least that has been my experience when asking the question.
And so i want to open this thread to see what people have paid to have their Carli components installed.

I think having this reference information on the install costs will help others determine what is a reasonable price when they are looking around for the install shop not to take them along for $$$$ ride.

So if you don’t mind to share, very simple formula. Components you had installed and the cost to install them. And this doesn’t have to be Carli limited. What did a similar suspension install cost you?

Thank you.

Edit:

Another great suggestion below from soop:

“Even more useful would be knowing how many hours people were billed for the install. Labor rates vary so much from region to region, but it should always take the same amount of time.”

Edit 2:

A nice suggestion from FordGarage:

“It’d be fun to build a top ten Carli shops list in the US based on member feedback.”

If you are/were happy with your Carli installer, please also include their information, so that others in the region can find them. If we collect enough information, a thread with top 10 can be made for others benefit.

Last edited:
Coincidentally I called today to a shop near Atlanta to check on installing a 2.5 kit with everything but radius arms and the guy told me close to $1k including alignment. They do a decent amount of Carli it sounds like so they might be more efficient than someone who doesn’t and might take longer and thus might charge more.

I am having a full Backcountry kit installed - Torsion sway bar, leveled full spring pack, radius arms, high/low stabilizers - basically every option one could pick. Labor is $1750. This is at a Carli stocking dealer as well. They have all kit items and options in stock here near Austin.

Commuter kit
Torsion Sway bar
High mount stabilizer
Full replacement rear leaf springs

Install and alignment: $1400

If it matters, I bought the components myself and paid separately to have the tires mounted and balanced.

This shop didn’t tell me the labor hours on the invoice. I can tell you they managed to install all the components between 9a and 4p. I had to wait until the following day for alignment.

There are book times. Most "base kits" (Track Bar, Coils, brake lines, caster shims and shocks) are booked at 4-8 Hours depending on things like track bar inclusion and reservoirs shocks.

Sway bar options are 1-2 hours
Leaf Spring Options 4-6 hours
Steering Stabilizers 1-2 Hours

List goes on. MOST Carli Kit range from 4-6 hours at the most basic system to 12-16 hours for the most complex. Well, we have one system coming out that'll beat that but it's true for now.

Shops book anywhere from $100-$200/hr depending on location. So the answer, you can expect to pay $400 for an easy kit in a low-cost area to $3,200 for a fully optioned kit in a high-cost area.

SDHQ here in AZ is well known and booked out 4 months, and is recommended by Carli. I have the 2.5/3.5 Carli Pintop full catalog plus airbags, alignment, etc. estimated 16 hours for $2000. I honestly don't typically share pricing because variables can change, and shops can change rates based on supply/demand just like any other commodity. But that's what I was given for my current build.

Literally just paid for a commuter install today.

2.5 with swaybars was $2125 in parts.
Install was $1050
Brake fluid was $12.00
Alignment was $124.95

Whole kit was installed in 6 hours. Started at 8:00am, finished about 3pm. Figuring an hour lunch.

Alignment was this morning and took about an hour.

I have the Carli Backcountry and labor was $600 in the Nashville area... I didn't go with the leaf packs so it was the full kit up front and blocks & shocks in the rear.

The shop I used does most of the big country artist trucks. Been around a while

I am having a full Backcountry kit installed - Torsion sway bar, leveled full spring pack, radius arms, high/low stabilizers - basically every option one could pick. Labor is $1750. This is at a Carli stocking dealer as well. They have all kit items and options in stock here near Austin.
Yep, I called THOR and got the same pricing a couple of weeks ago

Curious what shop this is in Austin as I’m looking to do the same.

I purchased almost the entire Carli Catalog including the Pintop King shocks, full progressive rear leafs, and the radius arms. I chose the PMF King steering dampener solution rather than the Carli.

All in, $10,000.

I purchased almost the entire Carli Catalog including the Pintop King shocks, full progressive rear leafs, and the radius arms. I chose the PMF King steering dampener solution rather than the Carli.

All in, $10,000.
$10,000 includes the install cost? Are you doing this yourself?

Installed.
You got a smoking deal, since a full catalog pintop is almost $10k in parts alone. Wow

Edit: I see you did a different steering dampener. That probably saved some. Still, sounds like a very good deal. Nice work!

Last edited:
Back