- Mar 11, 2021
- Reaction Points
- Mesa, AZ
- USN and Army Reserve
- Current Ride
- '05 F250 PSD
While I agree that it's not appropriate to call out the dealership at this point (until I talk to the sales manager), I don't agree that I'm to blame for this situation. Was it ideal? No. Did I have conflicts that prevented me from flying out of state to pick up the truck when it arrived a couple of weeks early? Yes, but I informed my salesman of those right away. I felt that I did my due diligence in contacting Ford multiple times after the truck was built to ensure when it would arrive at the dealership because I knew that I would have two military drill weekends near each other around the same time the truck would arrive (and that did happen). Ford kept saying that it would be around June 6-8th when the truck would arrive. I knew that I had a military drill weekend on June 11-12, so I told him that I'd have to wait until the next weekend to fly up and purchase the truck. After that I was ghosted and I couldn't get anybody in the dealership to respond to my emails or phone calls last week. Now looking back, I wish that I would've taken an unexcused absence from my drill weekend to fly up the previous weekend, but we know that hindsight is 20/20! The irony is that they sold it out from under me only a couple of days before I was to fly up to purchase the truck (likely because they could get $10k ADM and I had locked in the X-plan pricing discount)! My salesman even told me the previous week that I would have to put it into writing to cancel my contract so that they could refund my deposit, and then they'd be allowed to sell it to the next customer. Back in September, they had me digitally sign an order contract when they demanded the $2k deposit, as well as signing the DORA to lock in the X-plan price. I was good with that because I knew that was the truck I wanted and designed in my mind (after dozens of iterations). Unfortunately for me, none of this matters anymore as my "dream truck" is now gone! I'm sorry for venting! I do appreciate the advice and responses from so many knowledgeable folks! I hope that nobody else runs into this type of situation with their dealerships! I'll update as soon as I hear back from the sales manager. Enjoy your Tremors!Do not think it is correct to call out the dealer at this point. If there was no contract just a 2k deposit handshake agreement the OP may not like it but waiting that long is too bad for him. No recourse really because he was duly notified and has even admitted it in writing here.
Have to be careful about libel to the emotional ones posting. Yes, it sucks but the OP just has himself to blame. Should have thought ahead to make a contingency plan should this situation arise.
Remember we are only getting one side of the story.