Best floor jack & jack stands

I’m buying one of these, it may or may not live in the truck.

Been meaning to get a bottle jack for my buggy, too.

My floor jack and stands are insufficient for the Tremor. Need something taller and heavier duty. What do y'all recommend?

wow — that has everything I didn't even know I needed!

I use a Harbor Freight Daytona 4 ton and am extremely happy with it. I know sometimes Harbor Freight is a bad word, but they have some products that are phenomenal.

Mine is orange though because I let my 5-year-old choose which one we got.

In my opinion it's always best to overrate your jacks and stands by a substantial margin.

^^^ I have the Daytona jack in candy apple red. It really is a solid jack punching way above its weight and is useful for just about any vehicle.
That said, if you want to take that jack with you in the bed of the truck, the off road jack in post 2 is hard to beat.

Got these on the Big A. Well made and stable. Don’t risk your Tremor or your life with those cheap ratcheting ones!

3B9D7DA2-BE61-483A-827B-8526955E0BEF.jpeg

I use a Harbor Freight Daytona 4 ton and am extremely happy with it. I know sometimes Harbor Freight is a bad word, but they have some products that are phenomenal.

Mine is orange though because I let my 5-year-old choose which one we got.

In my opinion it's always best to overrate your jacks and stands by a substantial margin.
I also recommend the Daytona series jacks from Harbor Freight, they are a crazy good value for what you get. Also, they are almost 100% identical to the equivalent Snap-on floor jack, since they are made in the exact same factory:

https://biztimes.com/snap-on-harbor-freight-settle-floor-jack-case/

Harbor freight, if you like to live life on the edge

Ford - if you like to live life on the edge.

It's funny how the rate of safety failures on a truck greatly exceeds the rate of safety failures on a particular jack stand, and yet the seller (not manufacturer) of the jack stand gets an ongoing reputation, while people aren't even aware of the more egregious safety recalls that have happened on the very truck they own.

Just saying. =]

Sorry, I'm a fan of data and fact. You are more likely to die in a car accident today then you are to die by supporting your truck with the HF jack stands that were recently recalled.

It should also be noted that the HF jack stands that were recalled weren't inherently unsafe, but there was an enhanced safety risk if not properly used. IE, if you were a reasonably smart person who could tie their own shows there was no safety risk outside of the risk you normally assume when working underneath a vehicle.

Any reason *not* to go with the Pro Eagle other than price?

Tires and skid plate seem nice for use on gravel driveway.

I won’t be carrying in truck.

Price and lack of need is why I don’t have one at this moment. I have one of those HD Daytona jacks, it’s actually really damn nice. I’ve had lots of experience with pro eagle with side by sides though so I feel comfortable laying down the cash when it’s time.

You could argue not needing those features if you won’t be jacking up your truck on the trail. I’m stupid enough that I can see it happening.

I dont have my truck yet but I know the 2 ton jack stands I used for my ZR2 won't be tall enough as they were to short for the ZR2 once I moved to 33" I will probably goto 37's at some point on the tremor what max height will I need for the jack stands

I dont have my truck yet but I know the 2 ton jack stands I used for my ZR2 won't be tall enough as they were to short for the ZR2 once I moved to 33" I will probably goto 37's at some point on the tremor what max height will I need for the jack stands

I used the Blackjack 6 ton stands I have had for years. The max extension is around 24" (I think 23" and change).

They worked well for me supporting below the frame mounting point of the radius arms (support point identified in the manual, now the forward end of the radius arm but the trailing end).

That said, I have true 35's. Still I had enough margin that I feel you'd be ok with 37's as that would only add 1" of height requirement to your jack stands.

I used the Blackjack 6 ton stands I have had for years. The max extension is around 24" (I think 23" and change).

They worked well for me supporting below the frame mounting point of the radius arms (support point identified in the manual, now the forward end of the radius arm but the trailing end).

That said, I have true 35's. Still I had enough margin that I feel you'd be ok with 37's as that would only add 1" of height requirement to your jack stands.
Thanks thats helpful

Have had one of these for five years! It lives in my tool box mounted in the Pro-Eagle mount.

Is anyone running one of the pneumatic options? I'm considering a 20ton pneumatic over hydraulic jack for the Tremor when I get it. The Tremor seems easy enough to get under to use one of these, you'd just need to use some wood blocks to overcome the limited stroke of the jack. You'd obviously need to have you stands in place to allow for the jack to be repositioned with blocking.

1634930630306.png

These also exist - I wonder if they are as sketchy as they kind of seem???

1634930717027.png

Attachments

• 1634930618659.png
    1634930618659.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 10
Back