Ballast ideas? Rear ride quality still sucks after full Carli Install

A couple of weight options that could be useful and provide the desired result.

1. Steel rear bumper. 75-100lbs
2. Husky mat. 45lbs
3. Two Diesel Jerry cans with mounts 90lbs

While not the cheap option they have benefits beyond the weight.

I notice a stiff ride but like others point out here, I know it’s a heavy-duty truck.

Still, I bought 10 80-pound bags of concrete at Home Depot for a project and stacked them all right between the fender wells.

Man did she ride smooth on the way home.

I was tempted to leave them in but concrete and south Florida rain you know. :cool:

HeavyAssault’s bagged fill dirt idea is going to be your best bet.

I notice a stiff ride but like others point out here, I know it’s a heavy-duty truck.

Still, I bought 10 80-pound bags of concrete at Home Depot for a project and stacked them all right between the fender wells.

Man did she ride smooth on the way home.

I was tempted to leave them in but concrete and south Florida rain you know. :cool:

HeavyAssault’s bagged fill dirt idea is going to be your best bet.
1700676424436.png

• Useful
Reactions: ccw
Direct link to that post if you want to view the rest of the thread:

And quoting the post text formally:

I keep mine on Baja mode. I set front shocks to the center of their adjustment, rear to softest. I set roll and brake sensitivity to the max and leave pitch in the center.

This lets me drive it like it's my big red Ferrari.

Just looking for any ideas on ballast (other than cinder blocks) to help smooth out the rear ride quality. Family keeps getting sick in the back, nomatter the settings of the E-venture system; literally bought every option from Carli they sell for the 2.5/3.5 system. '22 SRW F350 Tremor.

Sad to say that if I can't figure this out, I'm gonna have to ditch the truck, I was hoping 20k on a Carli system would help...and it did, but only so much. We never tow with it, so we're always without a payload except for baby strollers and other baby support equipment, lol. Just wondering if I should have gotten a Raptor (never drove a Gen 3 one)...but I've used the full SD bed length more times than I can count picking stuff up for house and work.
I don’t quite get it. I just stepped out of a 2005 Ram 3500 4x4 6 speed manual and into my new 2023 F250 Tremor diesel. My ride quality just went north of 1000%. I don’t need to do one thing to improve my ride, it’s perfect!!

A couple of weight options that could be useful and provide the desired result.

1. Steel rear bumper. 75-100lbs
2. Husky mat. 45lbs
3. Two Diesel Jerry cans with mounts 90lbs

While not the cheap option they have benefits beyond the weight.
Similar weight to what I have in my bed at all times:
1. Two 5.5gal Wavian gas cans and mounts
2. DeeZee Rubber bed mat
3. Several tool boxes with general use tools, recovery gear, and other basic supplies
4. Other: WeighSafe aluminum hitch, Builtright panels, fire extinguisher

Mine is a 7.3 and I run 50psi when not towing... I think the ride is great for what it is.

You can throw all the money at it you want, you'll never make a super duty ride like a F150. My 2020 rides like a dream compared to my original '05.

I have a 190L water tank in the back. Since I go camping this is ideal for me so I have plenty of water. I also have a rack and tent etc but the water was the heaviest and was the only thing I felt made a difference in ride slightly.

Similar weight to what I have in my bed at all times:
1. Two 5.5gal Wavian gas cans and mounts
2. DeeZee Rubber bed mat
3. Several tool boxes with general use tools, recovery gear, and other basic supplies
4. Other: WeighSafe aluminum hitch, Builtright panels, fire extinguisher

Mine is a 7.3 and I run 50psi when not towing... I think the ride is great for what it is.
I have approximately the same weight in mine all the time. I too run 50 PSI in the rear when not towing. 65 when towing. And empty at 65 PSI, it rides rougher. The ride is surprisingly good in this truck. The overload leaves that don't come into play with light loads are part of the reason why. My 3500 Ram, for comparison, without overloads, road like some old buckboard with rigid suspension. I could not be happier with this truck. And I have no desire to work on the suspension. My loads range from nearly empty with just some tools and gear, to towing my Roamer 1 that weighs about 7,800 lbs and with added gear, fuel and water in the bed, to carrying 3,000 lb pallets with other miscellaneous gear packed in. The truck manages to do it all well.

Hi ya'll - so, I was searching the forums and noticed some people mentioning they run 50-55 in front and 40 in rear when not towing...figured I would give this a try. I took one ride this morning and noticed a drastic improvement in the ride quality...so need to do more research on this. I previously had both front and rear at 54 (cold).

I Run even less. I run my Fronts 42 and my rears as low as 35 when empty. Summer tires are Nitto ridge Grappler and Cooper SSTs siped in the Winter both are 37"x12.5x 20s

I have approximately the same weight in mine all the time. I too run 50 PSI in the rear when not towing. 65 when towing. And empty at 65 PSI, it rides rougher. The ride is surprisingly good in this truck. The overload leaves that don't come into play with light loads are part of the reason why. My 3500 Ram, for comparison, without overloads, road like some old buckboard with rigid suspension. I could not be happier with this truck. And I have no desire to work on the suspension. My loads range from nearly empty with just some tools and gear, to towing my Roamer 1 that weighs about 7,800 lbs and with added gear, fuel and water in the bed, to carrying 3,000 lb pallets with other miscellaneous gear packed in. The truck manages to do it all well.
Glad to see another Roamer 1 owner in the group!

Back