B&W Hitch - Tow & Stow TS30049B

I ordered the 7”-7 1/2” version, but don’t have the truck yet. I have the same concern and question if the 5” version is more appropriate. From my research the opinions seems to be equally split for both. I mainly tow a tandem axle trailer for a 25’ Bay Boat and a small single axle utility trailer.

Should I exchange my 7 for a 5?
No, keep the 7” it’ll put your small single axel utility trailer perfectly level at the lowest setting. I’ve never ever scraped with my 7”.

E3E756C7-4D77-4D0C-9BED-CC362338358C.jpeg

Since we’re posting about our hitches I didn’t want to feel left out or not show off, what I feel like, is a great product. I needed to get new hitches with increased drops so I figured I’d make use of the Tremor’s 3” receiver tube. And since I have managed to collect trailers with all 3 ball sizes getting one that included all of them was a pretty esay choice. I liked the idea of being able to leave the hitch on the truck but hated the shin busting extra depth that the ball added ... in comes the Tow & Stow hitch from B&W. Rated at 21,000lbs it can take anything the truck can handle and with the 7” drop/7.5” rise it will level all my trailers behind the truck.

The one thing I wasn’t a super big fan of was the Hairpin-style cotter pins that were included. They just looked out of place and aren’t stainless (zinc plated). So I ordered up a few lynch pins from McMaster-Carr and cleaned that up.
McMaster # 90170A205
3/16 “ dia x 1.5” length

B&W Tow & Stow Hitch

Lynch Pins

View attachment 3330View attachment 3331
I like this set up.

Just picked up a B&W 7" drop hitch, and was seriously considering the Infinite Rule locks until I saw how easily they're picked:

I opted for a Paclock, which judging by everything I've come across seems to be the most pick-proof among pin locks. Essentially, nothing is pick-proof, but for the price of these pins, they are laughably easy to bypass...
That's disconcerting to say the least...So far though so good, nobody's tried to steal yet.

Just picked up a B&W 7" drop hitch, and was seriously considering the Infinite Rule locks until I saw how easily they're picked:

I opted for a Paclock, which judging by everything I've come across seems to be the most pick-proof among pin locks. Essentially, nothing is pick-proof, but for the price of these pins, they are laughably easy to bypass...
Yep lost a brand new B&W tow and stow once while out to eat with the wife. Came back and the lock was on the ground. Piece of 1” pipe was used and took less than 30 seconds. I fixed that on the next one with a 5/8” stainless steel bolt and tig welded the nut!!

Just purchased my 3" tow and stow 5" drop which should be ideal for my trailers (and soon to own trailers). I chose the 2", 1 7/8, and 2 5/16. I have a snowmobile trailer that's a 1 7/8, and my cargo is 2" with the horse trailer using a 2 5/16 - so this was perfect. I also bought Trimax 5/8 receiver lock.

Yep lost a brand new B&W tow and stow once while out to eat with the wife. Came back and the lock was on the ground. Piece of 1” pipe was used and took less than 30 seconds. I fixed that on the next one with a 5/8” stainless steel bolt and tig welded the nut!!
That reminds me of my old Jeep - I welted the winch bolts which attached to the frame for that reason.

I have the same hitch as well. Decided to go with this product instead of a locking pin - I hate carrying keys

Will definitely prevent pipe attacks, but unless they have a couple wrenches, would also prevent theft. I figured it was enough to deter the opportunistic quick steal. And again, I hate keys

Last edited:
I have the same hitch as well. Decided to go with this product instead of a locking pin - I hate carrying keys

Will definitely prevent pipe attacks, but unless they have a couple wrenches, would also prevent theft. I figured it was enough to deter the opportunistic quick steal. And again, I hate keys
I hate keys as well, But I hate thieving Sob’s even more. I figured with a tow and stow there was no real reason for me to ever have to remove the hitch which is why I chose to put a bolt which I could torque down and prevent rattles and then TIG weld the nut to prevent thieves.

Question for others that have the B&W tow and stow. Overall I’m very pleased with the construction of this hitch, but I am concerned with the finish. I’ve used the hitch only a handful, and where the edge of the receiver meets the hitch it has worn thru the finish.

My question for others, is this typical? If others have experienced it, does it lead to an overall failure of the finish? I had steel bumpers on my last truck that were powdercoated by the manufacturer and I was constantly chasing rust and the powder coat flaking off. I realize that was likely cause by poor prep, but after spending nearly $400 on the hitch I’d prefer it stand the test of time. I also realize this is a tool so some signs of use are expected. Thanks.

Attachments

• 7796233D-D9C9-425E-B8B2-D5DD5BC49DE2.jpeg
    7796233D-D9C9-425E-B8B2-D5DD5BC49DE2.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 47C6471E-8926-4DA2-9824-C127C6B6822D.jpeg
    47C6471E-8926-4DA2-9824-C127C6B6822D.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 80
Does the b and W have a pintle option you can add? I can't find it

They have the pintle tow&stow but I don’t see the pintle as a add on to the ball hitch either.
That's what I was referring to just the add on to the ball hitch..they must not make it I can't find it if they do

Does the b and W have a pintle option you can add? I can't find it
Unfortunately there is not an add on available to make a normal tow & stow work like a pintle. They do have a separately available tow & stow pintle version.

Question for others that have the B&W tow and stow. Overall I’m very pleased with the construction of this hitch, but I am concerned with the finish. I’ve used the hitch only a handful, and where the edge of the receiver meets the hitch it has worn thru the finish.

My question for others, is this typical? If others have experienced it, does it lead to an overall failure of the finish? I had steel bumpers on my last truck that were powdercoated by the manufacturer and I was constantly chasing rust and the powder coat flaking off. I realize that was likely cause by poor prep, but after spending nearly $400 on the hitch I’d prefer it stand the test of time. I also realize this is a tool so some signs of use are expected. Thanks.
Yours looks 10x better than mine. The finish has rubbed off in several places and is now replaced by surface rust. It now looks like hell which defeats the purpose of being able to keep it on all the time in “tow or stow” mode.

However, that’s all it really is, surface rust. It has not comprised the integrity of the hitch in any way and I believe that it would take decades to occur. Although I haven’t done so, B&W is an American company and I’m sure you could call to get all of the answers for which you are looking.

I had one of these on my 2" B&W on my f-150 and it seemed to help keep it tight, maybe that would help this issue if there was a larger version out there somewhere.

Hello fellow Tow&Stow enthusiasts. Thanks for all the tips. I'm really considering tig welding a bolt in place over my current lock. I did get the lock that has a pin included. I seen too many stories of the lock/pin failing just driving down the road.

20220321_174123.gif

Back